And the women’s weight lifting champion is....

BrownArmy

I mean do I really need to, I know what it’s going to say. We got studies, look at these numbers, testerone doesn’t matter in sports. That’s all bs, I don’t want to read a bunch of drivel.

What about Serena Willams or Michael Phelps?

Should we categorize them differently?

Box Ox

What about Serena Willams or Michael Phelps?

Should we categorize them differently?

Phelps shouldn't swim against women and Williams shouldn't play against men.

Battle of the Sexes: When the World No. 203 swept the Williams sisters - MARCA in English

"No. 203 sweeps Williams

At the height of the Williams boom in 1998, an unofficial game took place in Australia after Serena and Venus claimed that no male player outside the top 200 could beat them.

Up stepped a German known as Karsten Braasch who was ranked 203rd in the world and after first beating Serena 6-1, he then disposed of Venus 6-2.

"I didn't know it would be that difficult. I played shots that would have been winners on the women's circuit and he got to them very easily," said Serena.

"They wouldn't have had a chance against anyone inside the top 500 because today I played like someone ranked 600th to keep it fun," was Braasch's assessment."

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Phelps shouldn't swim against women and Williams shouldn't play against men.

Battle of the Sexes: When the World No. 203 swept the Williams sisters - MARCA in English

"No. 203 sweeps Williams

At the height of the Williams boom in 1998, an unofficial game took place in Australia after Serena and Venus claimed that no male player outside the top 200 could beat them.

Up stepped a German known as Karsten Braasch who was ranked 203rd in the world and after first beating Serena 6-1, he then disposed of Venus 6-2.

"I didn't know it would be that difficult. I played shots that would have been winners on the women's circuit and he got to them very easily," said Serena.

"They wouldn't have had a chance against anyone inside the top 500 because today I played like someone ranked 600th to keep it fun," was Braasch's assessment."
Proof right there women's sports are dumb

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I mean do I really need to, I know what it’s going to say. We got studies, look at these numbers, testerone doesn’t matter in sports. That’s all bs, I don’t want to read a bunch of drivel.

I read it, they clearly don't understand much about testosterone, and simply made claims about it without any corroborating sources. They also split hairs about the definition of "athleticism". It is an opinion piece, afterall.

I do, however, completely agree with the core thesis, that being women with naturally elevated levels of testosterone who compete in women's sports should not be forced to take steps to lower their testosterone levels. You might as well force faster athletes to stop training until their speed is more in line with the other competitors, or force taller athletes to have their lower legs amputated so they would be a more average height.

It's tough for everyone else, but when people have the natural advantages and they train hard, they can be pretty unstoppable.