Another customer you want to strangle story

Boston25

Friday I was driving down a narrow road with kids playing in the street. The parents were sitting in lawn chairs watching. I was going slow, making sure the kids got out of the way and everyone was safe. That, apparently, was not good enough for the mom (likely the offspring of two siblings), who started frantically waving her arm with the universal "slow down" gesture and started yelling at me. Then one of her slack-jawed spawn started blowing a whistle, also telling me to slow down.

The street is not your personal playground, people. At least have the consideration to recognize when someone is clearly being extra cautious while your cross-eyed, imbecile kids take their time getting out of the way.
This happened to me on a regular basis!!!

Rack em

Made the Podium
You literally cannot go slow enough to make these people happy.
Every single time I get a complaint about my speed one of the supervisors messages me to slow down before even checking telematics. I shut them up real quick the next day because I NEVER speed, I get paid by the hour so speeding is pointless to me.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Every single time I get a complaint about my speed one of the supervisors messages me to slow down before even checking telematics. I shut them up real quick the next day because I NEVER speed, I get paid by the hour so speeding is pointless to me.
Never validate telematics. Never.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Never validate telematics. Never.
You make a good point, I shouldn't give telematics any credit. But my point being they should not jump to conclusions and just believe a customer without investigating first, or even asking me. Customers and random people lie so damn much that I don't understand why management believes even half of what people day.

We had a customer call in multiple complaints that a driver was unprofessional and maliciously throwing packages while delivering. This guy wasn't even the one getting the packages, it was his neighbor across the street and the guys security cameras pointing that way taped the driver. Management just took his word for it and accused the driver of mishandling packages or whatever and reamed him saying he would be paying for claims on broken packages etc. Then gave a pcm about how we need to be professional at all times because cameras are everywhere.

Driver knows the people he delivered to well and asked them for the ring doorbell video. It shows our driver very lightly tossing a blue bag from the gap or old navy onto their porch because there was a dog or child gate set up. The old man made it sound like the driver was spiking packages like Gronk after scoring a touchdown and our stupid management team took the word of some :censored2: old man with nothing better to do than try and get someone in trouble. He probably had a bad Ups experience before and saw this as a chance to get back at us?

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
You make a good point, I shouldn't give telematics any credit. But my point being they should not jump to conclusions and just believe a customer without investigating first, or even asking me. Customers and random people lie so damn much that I don't understand why management believes even half of what people day.

We had a customer call in multiple complaints that a driver was unprofessional and maliciously throwing packages while delivering. This guy wasn't even the one getting the packages, it was his neighbor across the street and the guys security cameras pointing that way taped the driver. Management just took his word for it and accused the driver of mishandling packages or whatever and reamed him saying he would be paying for claims on broken packages etc. Then gave a pcm about how we need to be professional at all times because cameras are everywhere.

Driver knows the people he delivered to well and asked them for the ring doorbell video. It shows our driver very lightly tossing a blue bag from the gap or old navy onto their porch because there was a dog or child gate set up. The old man made it sound like the driver was spiking packages like Gronk after scoring a touchdown and our stupid management team took the word of some :censored2: old man with nothing better to do than try and get someone in trouble. He probably had a bad Ups experience before and saw this as a chance to get back at us?
The general public is nuts and theyve watched too much YouTube.

Walked a small package up under the carport and left it at the door, knocked, and was almost back to my package car when hear a young girl introduce herself with, "You're not even gonna knock, bro??!!" I turn to find a pasty, plump, late-teen girl wearing shorts short enough to reveal all of the dimples in her thighs, (either too many oreos or she had just survived a rugged hail storm) and she had either undone the top button, or it had finally met it's demise and become a deadly projectile. Whichever it was, it allowed her spare tire (think Chris Farley in the Chipendales skit) to show from under her sad attempt at a shirt. She had come from the front door, I told her that I had knocked on the door under the carport and she informs me, "that's the friend-ing storage shed!" I didn't stand a chance at containing myself and responded with "You're not hot enough to talk to people like that, you're welcome, have a great day." She stood dumbfounded, I pulled away. I figured that I could afford the warning letter, but I never heard a word about it. It was surely gratifying to say what was on my mind.

Indecisi0n

Walked a small package up under the carport and left it at the door, knocked, and was almost back to my package car when hear a young girl introduce herself with, "You're not even gonna knock, bro??!!" I turn to find a pasty, plump, late-teen girl wearing shorts short enough to reveal all of the dimples in her thighs, (either too many oreos or she had just survived a rugged hail storm) and she had either undone the top button, or it had finally met it's demise and become a deadly projectile. Whichever it was, it allowed her spare tire (think Chris Farley in the Chipendales skit) to show from under her sad attempt at a shirt. She had come from the front door, I told her that I had knocked on the door under the carport and she informs me, "that's the friend-ing storage shed!" I didn't stand a chance at containing myself and responded with "You're not hot enough to talk to people like that, you're welcome, have a great day." She stood dumbfounded, I pulled away. I figured that I could afford the warning letter, but I never heard a word about it. It was surely gratifying to say what was on my mind.
You get her number ?

As long as none of your buddies are there to witness it....

Witness? Hell, my buddies will be there to tag you in!

tenor (3).gif

Attachments

• images (2).jpeg
    images (2).jpeg
    9.1 KB · Views: 167

ManInBrown

I delivered to a lady today who I know is an online shopaholic. She usually gets 10+ a day from amazon/qvc/target...today she had a 145 treadmill or whatever workout machine and had her front door open when I got there. I carted it to the door and set it down and she said "I am disabled you have to put it in here"...she tells me she is disabled as she is walking to the door! Knowing she is not disabled and just wanted me to be her personal furniture deliverer, I just said "can't enter anyone's residence, have a good day" and walked away. She yelled something as I was walking away, but I just ignored her.

All these people order their over sized and over weight crap and expect us to waste time bringing it where ever they want it. Sorry, ain't gonna happen! Your order it, you deal with it, if you want it further than the front door then you better go to a furniture store and pay for that service.
Best answer you can give. Not allowed to enter anyones residence, whether you give permission or not, doesnt matter. I used to use that one all the time.