Another customer you want to strangle story

542thruNthru

Doorbell cameras omfg...

“ummm can you just sign for the envelope for me?”

“I cannot forge your name lady.”

“well I know that! but is there anyway...(while I’m filling out the info notice shaking my head)

I really wanted to say: “just don’t request a sig-if you-want-your-:censored2:!!!

I like to just pretend I can't hear them. When they start talking on it I just yell out. "UPS" then knock again and say "guess no ones home."

Bluefootedoobie

Damage Inc.
Some of the freaks have two front doors... and a side door on the front of the house, two of the camera ones on each doors-insecure pricks, press the button reaaallyyy harrd!

Rack em

Made the Podium
We had a driver get into it with a manager of a hotel. The manager demanded she move a heavy package to another floor in the hotel(they have conventions at this hotel). She said no she had to go. So the manager got in the package car and said you're not going anywhere till you move that package. When she refused he tried to take the hand cart away from her so he could move it. He shoved her and tried to force it out of her hand. When he realized she wasn't going to let go he finally gave up and left. The manager called in a complaint and said she is never allowed to set foot on their property again. My P* center manager at the time crumbled to their demands instead of putting their crap on will call after assaulting one of his drivers.

The center manager tried to have her removed from route but our steward fought it and instead they moved the stop and pick up to another truck.
That hotel manager would have gotten a visit from a group of drivers when they were off the clock. You don't pull that type of :censored2: on any driver, let alone a female driver!

At least if that happened here, we have a center manager who has zero tolerance for customers like that so they would 100% be a permanent will call until that hotel manager no longer worked there.

542thruNthru

That hotel manager would have gotten a visit from a group of drivers when they were off the clock. You don't pull that type of :censored2: on any driver, let alone a female driver!

At least if that happened here, we have a center manager who has zero tolerance for customers like that so they would 100% be a permanent will call until that hotel manager no longer worked there.

They have women in Montana? I though those were less hairy men.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Shut gate, signature required. Honk and yell as loud as I can “UPS HERE.” Wait a full minute, yell again (it’s a medical pkg). No response. NI1
2 hours later: “did you attempt 2389 Jumanji Street? Customer saying you didn’t, they were home all day”

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Doorbell cameras omfg...

“ummm can you just sign for the envelope for me?”

“I cannot forge your name lady.”

“well I know that! but is there anyway...(while I’m filling out the info notice shaking my head)

I really wanted to say: “just don’t request a sig-if you-want-your-:censored2:!!!

"Signed via door bell camera."

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Most of the hotels that I have either stayed at or delivered to have elevators.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They also have luggage carts so the manager could have moved it his damn self.

Whenever I had an Over 70 or a pkg that required a handcart I would always ask where they wanted it before I set it down because once it is down it don't get picked up again.

Yes, the manager was clearly a dick, but our driver didn't do herself any favors.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Customer wants me to stand there as she opens each box and examine for damage every single day. Today I was a little stressed after she says "Hurry Up" to me. She got 5 big boxes. I asked if she wanted them at the front door as usual and she "clicks her tongue" in disgust. I put them at her front door and started to walk away and she demanded I open them up. I responded that she knows I don't carry a knife and I told you I cant open any customer boxes as a Ups Employee. We have talked about this before. She said I guess I will go in the house and get one. I just got into my truck and drove away. Yesterday I told her I didn't have time to wait around and if she had any problems just to file a claim thru the 1-800 number. Every Fffing day I cant just deliver and go. everyday she eats up 5-10 mins of my time.

Any tips on how to handle this crazy bitch. I feel next she will have me mowing her lawn and reroofing her house if I don't stand my ground. I do not want to get a bullseye on my back with management but I don't have time to Bull:censored2: with this customer. she is Obviously self entitled and overly demanding above what a ups driver is allowed to do. I really don't know how to handle her. I want to give good customer service but some people are just idiots. I don't know what I can and cannot do and what the rules are. I want to shut her down without getting pulled into the center managers office with my stewart. Any comments are welcome.
UPS policy to never open a box or to return an opened box. Sign before relinquishing package. If no need, met customer woman. “Gotta go bye!”

ManInBrown

Business on a crap route I've been covering gets CODs couple times a week. Never have the check ready, but the staff is prompt cutting one. The boss is another case entirely. I've dealt with him twice and he's called in complaints each time for "rushing" him haha. I gave him my name and asked if he wanted my truck number. Gave my sup a heads up, of course, and both the sup and OMS find the guy laughable and said that his complaints will not be filed on my record.

Without giving too many details, this last time I killed the guy with kindness and he escalated the situation to incredible lengths. Loudly berated me in front of his staff and customers, yelled that he didn't want the EFFING packages. I smiled: "Very well, I will sheet the packages refused and we will return them to the shipper, have a nice day." Called my sup for the second time in 5 minutes and he backed my decision. Never been happier to tote 6 irregs all the way back to the building. Guess what happened the next day? maroon called in asking about his packages, he never refused them, I'm a liar etc etc. OMS and I had a good laugh about that one.

they couldnt care less about package guys rushing customers. center manager OJS’d me for 3 days one time. We get to one of my businesses and the receptionist tells him that the driver the week before was very rude, while I was on vacation and had no patience.He apologizes. We walk out and he says to me i want you to be rude with no patience also. Then I wont have to keep cutting you 9.5 checks.

ManInBrown

Had a delivery to a family owned farm/home greenhouse florist business. There were numerous boxes, maybe four handcarts worth. One of the owners told me where to drop the boxes. Finished and I had to find someone to sign for everything. Owners son tells me to move everything upstairs to a different building entrance which by the way was not the regular delivery point for that location. I politely tell him I can't do that now as everything is unloaded. He says to me "that's my name on the sign and that means you do whatever I tell you to do". I told him not a chance and our conversation almost became a physical confrontation. Never did I want to stomp somebody's head in more than that day. He called in a complaint and my punishment was never having to go there again. On a positive note they must have gone out of business as their property is abandoned now.
Nope. Customers get one delivery point. They cant switch delivery points by which way the wind is blowing.

ManInBrown

We had a driver get into it with a manager of a hotel. The manager demanded she move a heavy package to another floor in the hotel(they have conventions at this hotel). She said no she had to go. So the manager got in the package car and said you're not going anywhere till you move that package. When she refused he tried to take the hand cart away from her so he could move it. He shoved her and tried to force it out of her hand. When he realized she wasn't going to let go he finally gave up and left. The manager called in a complaint and said she is never allowed to set foot on their property again. My P* center manager at the time crumbled to their demands instead of putting their crap on will call after assaulting one of his drivers.

The center manager tried to have her removed from route but our steward fought it and instead they moved the stop and pick up to another truck.
She should have called the police. Sounds like assault to me