Another reason not to feed dogs treats

ArcherUTR

If it has not already been said, " who gives a :censored2:?"

My avatar is a young pup that showed up in our driveway last Christmas and has turned into one of the most beautiful Christmas presents I've ever received. But he is a country dog and he does what he do. If he is too dumb to avoid a :censored2:ing car, then that is on his :censored2:, evolution. He also needs to stop bringing chickens home becsuse he's going to get shot, hopefully just with rocksalt.

As an owner you need to choose what level of protection you are going to impose on your pet. If you don't want anything to happen to your pet, keep it inside. Walk it on a leash.

The end.

MassWineGuy

I'm always bothered when a customer says their regular driver always has a treat for their dog. Well excuse me. Somehow I'm the idiot standing their without a dog treat. Sorry, I can't afford to treat everyone's dog.

Really. What idiots. Maybe you could tell them that treats are part of some ultra expensive level of service. Like FedEx Same Day service. If they're paying for that, I'll buy their dog dinner.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
"Management says he failed to honk his horn to alert the dog."

So they said it was his fault??
Its always our fault. Hindsight is always 20/20, especially when employed by a Center Manager from behind a desk. Sounds to me like this was a typical case of management trying to meet a warning letter quota for the week.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
If it happened in the street not an accident, in someone's driveway that's an accident. Around here anyway.
For a long time we had a policy that any animal hit on a public street was automatically deemed unavoidable, the idea being that our first priority should always be to keep the vehicle under control and on the road. Looks like some idiot from Atlanta has changed that policy.

watdaflock?

Driver in our center ran over a Chihuahua yesterday

oreo-mid-stretch.jpg

joesmith

Sad to hear about that dead dog, i hope that i never hit and kill someones pet on the route, I'm one of those drivers who keep treats for the dogs along my route, i enjoy it... its one of the few bright spots of my loooong day

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I will do what I do where I do it. I dont throw a bone to a dog that suddenly wants to bite me. Most of them are in businesses,, and its just easier to give it a bone, goes away to eat it and my worries are over. I know enough not to trust a dog that is not mine. I always ask if it can have a bone, and its top of the line bone with no china in site,Usually 4 health brand. I have one place that has bones in the mailbox, a business, but it is not a mean dog, just a 200 pound mastiff baby dog. In my experience a dog set out to attack you dont give 3 schn itts about a bone. Ps city dogs are totally different than country dogs, unless they are guarding a meth lab.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Its always our fault. Hindsight is always 20/20, especially when employed by a Center Manager from behind a desk. Sounds to me like this was a typical case of management trying to meet a warning letter quota for the week.

It's always our fault because, it always costs the center. Tier 1-3. The center pays and will "find" a reason to fault the driver, to show the region manager, they did something about it.

Dog and pony show, nothing more. In the end, the hourly suffers the most.

wayfair

swollen member
I had a guy offer me $100 during peak to hit his 12 year old Beagle that ALWAYS runs out to my PC barking and growling. I said sorry, just keep him inside dammit
The key is to slow down to a crawl when the dogs are chasing you... they don't get it and will wander off.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
If you are on my center, the only way you are running my route when I am gone is by exercising your seniority to bump a junior employee off of it. Which means you know the route already and are fully aware of the fact that it is a rural route with lots of friendly dogs that are used to getting treats from me. Treats which I have fully stocked the truck with for your convenience. All you have to do....is to remember to keep a couple of those treats in your shirt pocket and you will be good to go.
We must run the same route!!

I was almost gored by a goat. I've hat goats in my truck before and took pictures to prove it. I've also been charges by big geese. I never gave any of these characters treats though. Maybe that's the problem.