Do dog treats work?

satellitedriver

For the same reason I laugh when I see a human being run straight into a glass door. Only the dog is wanting to sink its teeth in me. So it’s a relief and hilarious. And no one is harmed.
Finding joy in anyone else's suffering, no matter how minor, is mind boggling to me.
Fighting for survival in a situation, oh hell yes.
I am all in, been there.
Laughing at another's misfortune is a totally foreign concept to me.
Only Bullies take pleasure in the pain of others.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
No, just pointing out inconsistencies in your seemingly false unsupported Asian persona.
If you are a true student and practitioner of the wisdoms you cut and paste, then I will apologize.
Lao Tzu's teaching taught me well.
"Yield and overcome".
Move me.

Oh, now I understand the confusion. I never claimed to be Asian, or even a practitioner of any Asian philosophy or religion. I put the Tiananmen Square phrase on my member status and signature for a specific reason. I could give you a hint as to what that was, but I'm sure your uncommon sense will eventually puzzle it out. The "wisdom I cut and paste" is actually a Proverb, which is from the religion I do practice. I am mostly of Irish and English descent.

But yes, I have studied both Eastern and Western philosophies and religions. I am a practicing Christian, but I can't help but see many parallels between the teachings of Christ and those of the Buddha. I have actually participated in a bell ringing ceremony at a Buddhist temple in Japan (probably just a touristy thing, though, but I found it moving. Those bells are giagantic!). I find Confucius to be a little shallow, but practical none-the-less. I am fascinated by the ancestor worship of Shintoism. Taoism is a little faddish for my taste, but it's not completely without value. I'm no expert, however, on any of those religions or belief systems/philosophies, though I have studied the teachings of Christ extensively.

Hopefully that clears things up. I'll probably change out the tiananmen square thing when I have absolutely nothing better to do. And, as for Hasselhoff, I only knew him from Knight Rider, so I didn't expect to see him singing at the tearing down of the Berlin Wall.

Overpaid Union Thug

Finding joy in anyone else's suffering, no matter how minor, is mind boggling to me.
Fighting for survival in a situation, oh hell yes.
I am all in, been there.
Laughing at another's misfortune is a totally foreign concept to me.
Only Bullies take pleasure in the pain of others.
Whatever scab. No dogs or people suffer running into a glass door. In fact, most people laugh it off.

satellitedriver

Whatever scab. No dogs or people suffer running into a glass door. In fact, most people laugh it off.
Laugh it off, not at it.
Big diff.
I have had dogs break through a glass door while attacking me.
The dogs suffered and the people that owned the dogs suffered the after effects.
I might change my profile name to "Whatever scab", kind of has a ring to it.
Thanks for the inspiration.
It would save you some typing.

Overpaid Union Thug

Laugh it off, not at it.
Big diff.

I have had dogs break through a glass door while attacking me.
The dogs suffered and the people that owned the dogs suffered the after effects.
I might change my profile name to "Whatever scab", kind of has a ring to it.
Thanks for the inspiration.
It would save you some typing.
2CDD54AE-995C-4887-8E8D-92149BF96E81.gif

satellitedriver

Oh, now I understand the confusion. I never claimed to be Asian, or even a practitioner of any Asian philosophy or religion. I put the Tiananmen Square phrase on my member status and signature for a specific reason. I could give you a hint as to what that was, but I'm sure your uncommon sense will eventually puzzle it out. The "wisdom I cut and paste" is actually a Proverb, which is from the religion I do practice. I am mostly of Irish and English descent.

But yes, I have studied both Eastern and Western philosophies and religions. I am a practicing Christian, but I can't help but see many parallels between the teachings of Christ and those of the Buddha. I have actually participated in a bell ringing ceremony at a Buddhist temple in Japan (probably just a touristy thing, though, but I found it moving. Those bells are giagantic!). I find Confucius to be a little shallow, but practical none-the-less. I am fascinated by the ancestor worship of Shintoism. Taoism is a little faddish for my taste, but it's not completely without value. I'm no expert, however, on any of those religions or belief systems/philosophies, though I have studied the teachings of Christ extensively.

Hopefully that clears things up. I'll probably change out the tiananmen square thing when I have absolutely nothing better to do. And, as for Hasselhoff, I only knew him from Knight Rider, so I didn't expect to see him singing at the tearing down of the Berlin Wall.
Thank you, that was an honest and open reply.
Maybe I will go back and review your proverb.
Hasselhoff, in Germany, has the status of being in the realm of entertainers to the likes of Elvis, or the Beatles.
It is almost a cult worship.
Excellent that you have studied and have found a belief system.
All religions have the same common thread.
I wish I could remember who to attribute this quote.
"All religions are just the fingers on the hand of God"
Peace be unto you.

ManInBrown

Never give dog treats. Whether it’s your route, or your covering it. Why? What do you think happens when one driver gives treats, and then two weeks later a different driver is on the route and they don’t.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Thank you, that was an honest and open reply.
Maybe I will go back and review your proverb.
Hasselhoff, in Germany, has the status of being in the realm of entertainers to the likes of Elvis, or the Beatles.
It is almost a cult worship.
Excellent that you have studied and have found a belief system.
All religions have the same common thread.
I wish I could remember who to attribute this quote.
"All religions are just the fingers on the hand of God"
Peace be unto you.

I'm all for coming to an understanding. Peace to you as well. And I know that about Hasselhoff now, I didn't at the time.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Report me. Get me kicked off. Don't pay attention to my threads. Plenty to choose from Karen.
If this forum meant 1% to me that it does to you I'd seek a head shrink's help.
"This is MY forum waaaaa"
Get me booted off. It's impossible to measure how little it would mean to be banned from "your" forum Karen.
Lol. Sounds like you are the Karen tough guy. Not sure where I said this is "MY forum". What I did say is you put in a lot of effort. And you won't be at UPS for long. If you even are now. Lol.