Any advice?

dkid

Can someone please help me. I completed driving school last year October 2019 as a Saturday air driver. I only drove for a week during peak season last year. After contacting my on road supervisors about doing Saturday air, only to be told that my position is not needed.I filled out every bid sheet but never got anything. I have more seniority than all of the people who recently completed driving school and now are already driving. I know I filled out bid sheets before and the same time with them for cover driver, 22.4 and full-time positions. why is it that everyone else but me are getting those positions? could it be that when you start of as a 22.4 and cover driver you have a better chance of driving right away than switching from Saturday air to a cover driver? I just don't get it I feel neglected. also I am someone who minds my own business but seeing people who I have more seniority than get positions before me starting to get to me after all its been 9 months since I completed Integrad. Any advice?

Up In Smoke

Can someone please help me. I completed driving school last year October 2019 as a Saturday air driver. I only drove for a week during peak season last year. After contacting my on road supervisors about doing Saturday air, only to be told that my position is not needed.I filled out every bid sheet but never got anything. I have more seniority than all of the people who recently completed driving school and now are already driving. I know I filled out bid sheets before and the same time with them for cover driver, 22.4 and full-time positions. why is it that everyone else but me are getting those positions? could it be that when you start of as a 22.4 and cover driver you have a better chance of driving right away than switching from Saturday air to a cover driver? I just don't get it I feel neglected. also I am someone who minds my own business but seeing people who I have more seniority than get positions before me starting to get to me after all its been 9 months since I completed Integrad. Any advice?
What is your 5 day a week position with UPS??

Up In Smoke

My current position now is a sorter
So, air driving would be extra work, usually covered in your supplement. Seasonal vacation and peak coverage driving should be available in seniority order from a bid sheet. SDV coverage should also be covered through a bid sheet by seniority order. Any other coverage positions would be past practice, but again in seniority order. Always remember the company has the "present, available and qualified" language to bale themselves out of any tight spot

Kmcd

Depending where you are they use people to get things delivered on time!! Beware UPS uses people calling this peak! It's COVID not CHRISTMAS!!

542thruNthru

What supplemental are you under?

If you can't answer that what local are you?

Kmcd

What supplemental are you under?

If you can't answer that what local are you?
You are a driver, if they didn't DQ you in 30 days you are good!! Play their games go to the union tell them to your hiredate and everything will be good! Stay on top of it you will pass everyone that was hired after you!!

542thruNthru

You are a driver, if they didn't DQ you in 30 days you are good!! Play their games go to the union tell them to your hiredate and everything will be good! Stay on top of it you will pass everyone that was hired after you!!

What?

Why are you telling me this?

Also I didn't see anywhere where he said he passed 30 days.