any feeder drivers out of Lathrop,Ca??

EJJ

UPS Package Car Driver
Im currently going to intergrad to be a package car driver. But i heard that they will need a good amount of feeder drivers due to amazon in the area? is that true, also i was wondering if i didnt pass intergrad for example would i be able to come from the streets as a temporary seasonal driver and possibly get hired on direct? also i already have my class A TX so im already experienced with 10 years driving commercial.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
My local hires temp feeders at peak, and permanent off the street. They make good temp money too.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Nice. So say for example I'm driving as a package car driver already and I find out that they are hiring for feeder would I still be able to apply?
Here you would have to sign a bid, which goes by full time seniority. You can't just apply as you are already employed by the company.

EJJ

UPS Package Car Driver
Nice. So say for example I'm driving as a package car driver already and I find out that they are hiring for feeder would I still be able to apply?
Here you would have to sign a bid, which goes by full time seniority. You can't just apply as you are already employed by the company.

Oh okay. What if they are hiring from the street?

Faceplanted

Amazon will be running most of their loads in house. The number of loads they run will increase. We will loose volume. Their goal is to build major distribution centers within a very close radius to metropolitan areas. I give it a few more years before they totally adopt the sub contractor model and cut us out completely.

They just announced a huge faculty literally 10 minutes from my hub, they already have 2 distriction centers within 1 hour or my hub.