Any Follow ups here on female package handlers?

twoweeled

what kind of jeans are not appropriate?
Loose baggy ones! I think these are appropriate. I'm not gonna get sued am I?
vRv5pnM.jpg

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Hi,

I am a female doing the tour for package handler tonight. (Midnight 11pm-4am)I did my best to comb through the threads to get as much info as i could. But couldn't find any females comments after/if they were hired.

I know I should probably run before I get started but I need another part time job that doesn't conflict with my other job. They stressed in the email its a permanent position not just summer.

Any females already doing this job or recently hired? Are sneakers and sweatpants acceptable for the tour? I don't own jeans that are appropriate for working.

Thanks in advance! Sorry for another spam question =)
Sneakers and sweatpants? You're interviewing for a JOB, not running to 7-11 for a coffee at 5am. Sweatpants are inappropriate attire for even a McDonald's interview. Try wearing jeans or slacks. You don't necessarily have to dress up but look neat and presentable.
An illiterate person could still be hired?
Of course....even a 3 year old who maybe can't read yet can still recognize letters and numbers....hence they could technically read a PAL label.

10 point

I started on the old system before hin labels. I can't imagine what it was like with a clipboard and a pencil.
Less stops. Rain sucked. Write down ten pkgs shipper nos and weights, draw an angled line then have them sign. I think the job was harder in some ways without edd. The hin number only helps you when it's actually loaded onto the right pkg car.
Ignorance sometimes was bliss when you didn't know that you were missing a/some pkg(s).

Load quality was a target then. Was.

Now, there's no guarantee that the loader's even coming back to work the next day so why care about things like quality.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Less stops. Rain sucked. Write down ten pkgs shipper nos and weights, draw an angled line then have them sign. I think the job was harder in some ways without edd. The hin number only helps you when it's actually loaded onto the right pkg car.
Ignorance sometimes was bliss when you didn't know that you were missing a/some pkg(s).

Load quality was a target then. Was.

Now, there's no guarantee that the loader's even coming back to work the next day so why care about things like quality.

Funny. I still leave it on my dash board. Only get 5 sigs a day

Brownies...mmm

Never Underestimate the Power of a Woman
Sneakers and sweatpants? You're interviewing for a JOB, not running to 7-11 for a coffee at 5am. Sweatpants are inappropriate attire for even a McDonald's interview. Try wearing jeans or slacks. You don't necessarily have to dress up but look neat and presentable.

They said to wear sneakers or boots in the email they sent for the tour. I didn't know that tour meant interview. The sweats I'm referring to underamor so the look like black slacks just thicker material. That's why I asked. I intend to look neat. But they are the ones who said wear sneakers or boots. I'd put on on a skirt and heels if i thought this was what they wanted. My jeans aren't appropriate for an interview everything else business I have is skirt and blazer.

Of course....even a 3 year old who maybe can't read yet can still recognize letters and numbers....hence they could technically read a PAL label.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
for a bunch of cardboard???
For a 'job interview'. Idgaf if the interview is for UPS or making tacos at Taco Bell....you look neat and presentable and show up on time. That's called being a responsible adult.
Again, I didn't say dress up, but you don't wear sweatpants to a job interview.