Any Good Boot Suggestions?

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
If u want to keep your feet dry all day in a foot of snow only way to go is "Mickey mouse boots" they are military issue. Available cheap on eBay. U will thank me mid-winter

browntroll

Magnums have a full 1 year warranty, FYI. I had a problem with a pair falling apart and called them and they emailed me a shipping label. I shipped them back and they sent me back a new pair in pretty quick fashion.

​And no, boots are not required
i was wondering about this since most drivers i see have shoes/sneakers on. every now and then we do have a boot check done by sups(inside hub), i always wear
my boots but im hoping one day they announce a day ahead of the check so i can come in with sneakers and get sent home.

Avalon

Avalon
Unless I'm very mistaken, I believe that I'm soon going to start as a seasonal driver. I was a driver's helper the last two seasons. I'm looking for a good, solidly made pair of boots. Not insylated, but waterproof would be nice. I'm in northeast Massachusetts. I was looking at these Keens:

Amazon.com: Keen Utility Men's Detroit Soft Toe Mid Boot

Thanks.

Dr. Martin steel toes work good for me. Journeyz in the mall always has a good price on them.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Thorogood boots are the best I've ever had. American, union made, tough as nails. I bought mine from Union Boot Pro. They send out 30% discounts three or four times a year. They're pricey. My 10", steel toe boots cost around $150. Very comfortable and durable. I'll never buy another brand.

Cementups

Box Monkey
i was wondering about this since most drivers i see have shoes/sneakers on. every now and then we do have a boot check done by sups(inside hub), i always wear
my boots but im hoping one day they announce a day ahead of the check so i can come in with sneakers and get sent home.

i would still wear boots in the hub. I did for the whole 2.5 years I was in the hub.

JL 0513

I had a pair of Magnums and one of them fell apart, so no more Mags for me. Isn't wearing boots required by UPS?

Yeah, I bought a pair of Magnums this past spring when I became a driver. Paid $100. Lasted only 3 months. They use an unusual rubber for the sole that flakes and splits apart in no time. I was pretty pissed after spending that kind of money. The leather body held up well, but the rubber is destroyed.

I then bought a pair of all black New Balance work sneakers for $40 (on sale) and they are far more durable. Go figure. Waaay more comfortable.

MassWineGuy

I ordered a pair of Carolina boots today from this place:

http://www.safetytoeworkboots.com/

One very nice thing they offer for boots is a 30 day "comfort" guarantee. I checked to make sure and they said yes, the boots can definitely be worn outside and still returned. Just don't apply any waterproofing or anything else.

I ordered a pair of Carolina boots today from this place:

Steel Toe Boots | Safety Toe Shoes | Work Boots | SafetyToeWorkboots.com

One very nice thing they offer for boots is a 30 day "comfort" guarantee. I checked to make sure and they said yes, the boots can definitely be worn outside and still returned. Just don't apply any waterproofing or anything else.

Whatever shoe or boots you buy, break them in on the weekend. Dont try to break them in on the route! also buy some in soles.........good luck!

MassWineGuy

Definitely don't want to break my feet in. Does anyone have experience with Reebok boots? I understand that they're quite comfy, but do they hold up?

MassWineGuy

I would wear Danner, too, believe me. But at the moment I don't have the cash flow for them. When I fought fires for the US Forest Service during college summer breaks I had a pair of custom fit Westco boots. They never wore out.

MassWineGuy

I've ended up with two pairs of boots. One pair is a nice waterprof pair of Carolina 6 inch boots. The other is a pair of Converse work boots that are very lightweight, black leather and very slip resistant.

I tried a pair of Keen boots that were incredibly comfortable right away. But I didn't want to spend $140.

Do most drivers have a couple of pairs of boots that they rotate wearing throught the week? Certainly, if one pair gets wet, it's nice to have a dry pair to use.

Thanks.