any help?

PT Car Washer

thats fine just long as im back in i just like it at the hub because im a fast pace worker i would load and do pick off, when they got rid of me they couldnt keep up withe the work so they got rid of one of the doors to get less volume.
Could really help your situation to have your manager and or FT sups to back you up and want you back. Still would have to go through treatment and regular testing.

UPSGUY72

so about 3 weeks ago i got fired from ups for testing positive for alcohol,I am a hard ass worker and really busted my ass for the company(1,800 scans a day), i don't even drink but it just so happened that i received some tragic news about one of my family members that day and i let it get the best of me. is their any chance i could ever get my job back?
to what i read in the handbook i was suppose to have gone on unpayed leave an go to a rehab program that the company offers, why didn't i get that help?

You should have called in. But instead you came to work drunk and you must have been pretty drunk if they tested you. They just don't test people for being under the influence for no reason.

Anyways you could probably get your job back but your most likely going to have to go talk to someone and or go to substance abuse classes. Then you would be subject to random unannounced drug / alcohol test and if you failed one you would be fired permanently...

Ecw21411

First time you can usually get your job back with a substance abuse program. You would have a big target on your back so any more mistakes and you are gone. UPS would be looking for anything they could use to hang you. Those programs are not as compassionate as they sound. Mostly PR and it serves to identify who to watch very closely.
You are exactly right and ups will random drug and alcohol test,they can test you for years

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
KBE7W3.gif

UNJUST

thats fine if they randomly test me for drugs or alcohol i dont do anything like i said it was just that day do to some terrible news that received.

UNJUST

I also herd that one of the supervisors at the job was telling other worker that i was finished at ups and that i was drunk but if i remember correctly everything thats said in the room is suppose to be confidential so i might have a defamation case if i dont get my job back.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
How did you manage to get tested working inside as a part timer? Were you that wrecked? When I was inside we had guys regularly come to work drunk and not a damn was given. They caught a guy smoking weed in the back of a trailer and just sent him home for the rest of the night.

UPSGUY72

I also herd that one of the supervisors at the job was telling other worker that i was finished at ups and that i was drunk but if i remember correctly everything thats said in the room is suppose to be confidential so i might have a defamation case if i dont get my job back.

You don't have a case your were drunk don't you remember... If the Sup said what he did he was telling the truth....

It appears your in denial....