Any IE Feeder Supervisors Out There??

johnbuck

I currently work in the corporate office and am trying get out of that hell hole of a prison and into more of a district / operations role. Not really looking to be an operations supervisor because I hear they have long hours and get bitched at all day.

I saw there was a job opening for an IE Feeder Supervisor and am thinking about applying. I know most of y'all are probably not fond of them but what would some of the normal day-to-day job responsibilities be? What kind of hours would I have to work and are weekends necessary?

johnbuck

Johnbuck... You probably will regret the decision to leave corporate for a district job. I've done both and the corporate world is way nicer then the district world.

Thanks for yalls opinions! Beentheredonethat, can you please explain what disliked about the district world so much? Just trying to get a feel on the major differences are. I know that i hate the cubicle so i figured i should try out a district setting.

RolloTony Brown Town

As an IE supervisor you'll directly report to a division manager, you probably won't have any direct reports (depending on the job maybe a pt oms but those are a rarity these days). You'll be expected to work long hours still and there's a distinct possibility that you could even cover an operation in a pinch. You'll be the guy everyone hates, creating plans that no one can manage to attain, the fall guy for the division manager when things go poorly, but at the end of the day it's a like a game where you may never win but you can't lose because all you're doing is creating plans that some other poor jerk has to execute.

If you do accept this position, do us all a favor and post again when you get your first rotation OUT of IE and into an operations role. No one stays in the same job forever.

beentheredonethat

John buck. Being a district ie supv puts you at low end of totem pole. (Same for any district supv job). You will not have any authority to make change but will be deemed responsible for any failures. Much much longer hours then corporate. Much worse working conditions.

beentheredonethat

Do you currently work in ie in corp? Ask to tag along on a corp audit or ask to visit a district office or nearby hub. Also I forgot to mention in post above hours besides longer are often not first ahift...