Any One Else at Home Sick?

outta hours

Tonight will be my third night off sick this week. I went to the Dr. on Tue. morning after feeling terrible all night long on Monday. I felt like I had been beaten with a 2x4. Headache,horrible cough,body aches, fever,etc. It all came on so fast. I was fine all day Monday but by the time I went in Monday night something didn't feel quite right.

Well it turns out I have the flu. Since I switched to feeders I did not think I needed a flu shot this year due to the lack of customer contact. Boy was I wrong. This thing is nasty. I slept at least 18 hrs. the last two days and have eaten very little. This afternoon is the first I have even felt remotely normal. I am staying home tonight just to get some extra rest.

Share your sickness stories with me, misery loves company. I would also be interested in if any of you got the flu shot, did you still get sick? Oh well time for more crappy TV programs and my nap. Gnite.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Tonight will be my third night off sick this week. I went to the Dr. on Tue. morning after feeling terrible all night long on Monday. I felt like I had been beaten with a 2x4. Headache,horrible cough,body aches, fever,etc. It all came on so fast. I was fine all day Monday but by the time I went in Monday night something didn't feel quite right.

Well it turns out I have the flu. Since I switched to feeders I did not think I needed a flu shot this year due to the lack of customer contact. Boy was I wrong. This thing is nasty. I slept at least 18 hrs. the last two days and have eaten very little. This afternoon is the first I have even felt remotely normal. I am staying home tonight just to get some extra rest.

Share your sickness stories with me, misery loves company. I would also be interested in if any of you got the flu shot, did you still get sick? Oh well time for more crappy TV programs and my nap. Gnite.

I've been sick since monday. I worked Monday and Tues, yesterday only worked 4 hours (took a VLO on the twilight shift) . Had the worst body aches in years on Monday though!! It sounds like exactly what you had. Body aches, chills, headache, running nose (not stuffy, just pouring runny)

Also a body temp of 96.1 followed by 101 the next morning Tuesday which was unusual.

I'm working through this bad boy- feel OK tonight and going in for 8 hours of hell. I'm working through it, can't turn down the $$ even if it ain't easy $$.

I hope you feel better! Drink some green tea and load up on some zinc/ echinacia (sp).

raceanoncr

Nope. Not sick but home anyway. Just disability. Maybe two more months.

No flu shot, never had one, ever. Just don't get sick. In feeders too.
Inexplainable since I have horrible lifestyle. 61 yrs old, tacos, pizza, spag, chips, alchohol, etc. Not bad shape tho. Went in for pre-op phys and everything was normal...PSA, heart, colesteral. Go figger. Lucky, I guess. Specially when after one week being home from hospital, wife gets what you guys get and just as bad. I thot, here goes. But nothing.

Good luck, all, with sickness.

barnyard

KTM rider
I was sick 2 weeks ago. Had a sinus infection that did not drain, my left eye was swollen shut. My daughter was home with the flu last week. She said that it sucked.

TB

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I also had the day off today. I took the day to make sure that my cover driver gets some hours. He knows 16 runs and we have all been trying to make sure that this kid works as he does a good job on whatever run he is on.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Not sick here either, though it's going around. Same stuff as you, outta. My Dad lives in assisted living and the facility is in lock down. No one allowed to leave their rooms for fear of the Flu spreading. I guess I'm like race, in that I don't get sick that often, but not never.

My wife and kids get sick quite often, as they are all in the public school system. Wife teaches third petri dish:sick:, I mean grade. I never get Flu shots or take any sort of meds, even when recommended by Dr's. My 7 year old is currently feeling under the weather and I may take the day tomorrow, so she can stay home and rest. I was gonna take the day today, as I was way tired, but worked anyways, whatever!

Paid-over-in-Maine

15 more years of this!
This is my 2nd week of being on light duty. Working the TWI, going in at 13:00-21:00. Kinda nice, although I don't sleep in, I take my time and get things done before I head to the Dungeon!

Sammie

Airborne supposedly helps ward off colds and flu. We all swear by it. At the first sign of feeling crummy, plop some in a glass of water and the crummy is gonzo. It's a miracle drug if you ask me, loaded with lotsa herbs and vitamins. Keep it in mind!

Good luck on feeling better.

ladybrown

I came down with that flu crap last night. I swear my head is going to explode, it hurts so bad. Achey all over,ugh! I feel a little better tonight, but I'll wait till morning to decide how I really feel, If Im still feeling crappy no reason to go in and ruin my ENTIRE weekend!