Any other centers using AI for their routes

Thebrownblob

Because it sounds like you’ve already sided with the company and that you expect that to be the status quo all the way up.
Stating the companies argument is siding with them? I don’t think so. When did I say anything other than I expect a reasonable outcome at some point? Which by the way disproves your idea that the language is clear. The languages, is vague and confusing and left open to interpretation and should’ve been written exactly like you and I are saying it should be paid. I’ve got half a dozen grievances that pretty much prove the company disagrees that the language is clear because they’re not paying them without pushing them up the ladder.

I guess I should just go into these hearings and throw a tantrum?
I bet if I tell them. @100%ORIONComplianceGuy says the language is clear they’ll probably listen.

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

25+ Year UPSer and Teamster
Stating the companies argument is siding with them? I don’t think so. When did I say anything other than I expect a reasonable outcome at some point? Which by the way disproves your idea that the language is clear. The languages, is vague and confusing and left open to interpretation and should’ve been written exactly like you and I are saying it should be paid. I’ve got half a dozen grievances that pretty much prove the company disagrees that the language is clear because they’re not paying them without pushing them up the ladder.

I guess I should just go into these hearings and throw a tantrum?
I bet if I tell them. @100%ORIONComplianceGuy says the language is clear they’ll probably listen.
You contradicted yourself almost in the very beginning of that one. Yes, you sided with the company. No, the language is not vague. Jesus you people are so weak. No wonder the contract sucks so bad and we get screwed over so often.🤦‍♂️

Pointing out the standard of the company and reading language in plain crystal clear English is two different things. So far you have made it sound as if you agree with UPS. But anyone that reads the entirety of the language with likely say that penalty pay for those two days is due.
Okay, I've shown you the specific language in which those specific two days are discussed, and my understanding of it. Please, show me what I'm missing and point out the language that is so crystal clear so that I may help a couple of brothers here with these grievances.

I'm on your side bro, I don't know why you presume otherwise, we're all learning here.

Thebrownblob

You contradicted yourself almost in the very beginning of that one. Yes, you sided with the company. No, the language is not vague. Jesus you people are so weak. No wonder the contract sucks so bad and we get screwed over so often.🤦‍♂️
No contradiction, it’s clear you don’t represent anyone because you have no idea the process on language disputes work. Best I can do is present the case, if the company doesn’t agree, it’s deadlocked to the next level. After that, a lot of people are involved that I don’t have any control over.

And you can take your ridiculous, tough guy, talk and shove it right up your ass. It’s idiots like you who get us screwed over so often because you don’t have any idea what the hell you’re talking about. I can guarantee you I will prevail eventually, but obviously this language is not clear and the company is making sure they push this issue.

Thebrownblob

Okay, I've shown you the specific language in which those specific two days are discussed, and my understanding of it. Please, show me what I'm missing and point out the language that is so crystal clear so that I may help a couple of brothers here with these grievances.

I'm on your side bro, I don't know why you presume otherwise, we're all learning here.
Most likely a TDU scumbag, talk a good game, but never have any real answers just point the finger at people.

Thebrownblob

You’re not tough enough, dude😂

Brown Down

I still remember under the old contract sitting in a local hearing and having the center manager clearly state that nowhere does it say that they have to make an attempt to keep you under nor send you help two days a week. And unfortunately because of how vague the language was them the Union couldn't fight it very well until it went high up The result was what you see now with dispatch harassment and the current language of the two days penalty. Unfortunately as a few people have pointed out on here they had to add in about it being retaliation which is hard to prove. If they would have just left the damn retaliation word out date have been paying out grievances left and right already on two days.
As others have stated on here language means everything and the company will try to exploit any loophole or weakness in it. It happened with the 95 grievances and the Thursday and Friday stuff it's happening now with the dispatch harassment grievances and it'll happen until they change or agree upon the retaliation wording for the two day grievance. That unfortunately is how this stuff goes.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Pointing out the standard of the company and reading language in plain crystal clear English is two different things. So far you have made it sound as if you agree with UPS. But anyone that reads the entirety of the language with likely say that penalty pay for those two days is due.
Contracts are negotiated between both parties (two) and captured in words that are mutually agreed upon (by both) to convey the "intent of the language".

You can read it and believe that it is "plain" and "crystal clear", but quite frankly, I doubt you have the frame of reference to make that distinction,

....unless you were there....were you?

If one of these grievances is deadlocked through the panel system and is ultimately in the hands of an arbitrator, that's what he/she will be looking for, proof of the "intent of the language", not what Merriam-Webster has to offer.

Whether you like it or not, nothing is "crystal clear" yet....nothing.

542thruNthru

You may have read it, doubtful you did in full, but you're arguing a point that does not exist, it's very straight forward.

"The Company will not assign excessive over-
time on the two (2) remaining days within the workweek in order to
retaliate against a driver for opting onto the 9.5 List. If the employer
is found to have assigned excessive overtime for the remaining two
days in violation of this provision"

The penalty is not over 9.5 hours, it's over retaliation. I don't disagree with you about what's excessive or that there's a provision in there, it's the language and context if the provision.

I don't think you should he over 9.5 once if you're on the list. Maybe a 9.75 day here and there is understandable, but a 10+ day every week is bull:censored2:.
I think we got another tucker clocker.

Jesus you people are so weak. No wonder the contract sucks so bad and we get screwed over so often.

You had all day, :censored2:stick, you couldn't find it? Go to panel with your crystal clear English and lemme know how it goes.

Weak? Go :censored2: yourself. The only thing weak here is your argument.

Last edited:

Thebrownblob

You had all day, :censored2:stick, you couldn't find it? Go to panel with your crystal clear English and lemme know how it goes.

Weak? Go :censored2: yourself. The only thing weak here is your argument.
Sometimes it’s fun to let guys like this sit across the table in a hearing from management and watch them get dressed down by the other side because they don’t have a very good argument. And no counter argument.. I was cool with discussing the issue with him until he started attacking with the “you people are weak nonsense”. Like you said, we are all learning how to enforce this contract.

DOK

Well, they they are weak and scared to acknowledge/force something that is crystal clear.

Let me put it to you another way. If that is the route the union is taking then they are acknowledging that UPS can work us over 9 1/2 hours two days a week every week with no recourse, despite having two pieces of language in the article that specifically addresses that. If that is the case, WTF even bother putting that in there? 🤦‍♂️

The entire thing started with the language saying they are not to work us over 9.5 the other two days. Then they added a language that included penalty for just that. It’s Crystal clear in both the grammar/language aspect and in regard to context.

If the union agrees with the company on this issue, then that will be one of their biggest failures in recent memory.
That’s reach, over 9.5 three days a week file away, now you’re saying two days??