Any other centers using AI for their routes

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

25+ Year UPSer and Teamster
Okay, I've shown you the specific language in which those specific two days are discussed, and my understanding of it. Please, show me what I'm missing and point out the language that is so crystal clear so that I may help a couple of brothers here with these grievances.

I'm on your side bro, I don't know why you presume otherwise, we're all learning here.
That part of the article is about working over 9.5 hours. Anything over 9.5 is excessive. The new language states we're to get paid penalty for the other two days. Plain English.
No contradiction, it’s clear you don’t represent anyone because you have no idea the process on language disputes work. Best I can do is present the case, if the company doesn’t agree, it’s deadlocked to the next level. After that, a lot of people are involved that I don’t have any control over.
The only issue I have with the process is there may people like you involved farther up the process. There are plenty that see the language for what it is. An obvious payout for two days over 9.5. Then there are those that are blinded for some reason and end up siding with management. I guess you're only die hard about the language when your members throw you soft balls.
And you can take your ridiculous, tough guy, talk and shove it right up your ass. It’s idiots like you who get us screwed over so often because you don’t have any idea what the hell you’re talking about. I can guarantee you I will prevail eventually, but obviously this language is not clear and the company is making sure they push this issue.
Whatever, company man. If people like you who's handling it for us then we are doomed.
As 9.5 is the ONLY number (besides 8hrs) where overtime is discussed, No other figure is mentioned. Not 10hrs, 12, only 9.5 so any hours over 9.5 must be interpreted as excessive, after the first 2 days, of course.
I don't know why that is so hard to understand. It should be "interpreted" as such all the way to the top. Hopefully, that is the plan. But when you have so many of our guys sounding like management (who definitely knows the intent but always fights regardless) and defeatists it is very concerning.
Contracts are negotiated between both parties (two) and captured in words that are mutually agreed upon (by both) to convey the "intent of the language".

You can read it and believe that it is "plain" and "crystal clear", but quite frankly, I doubt you have the frame of reference to make that distinction,

....unless you were there....were you?

If one of these grievances is deadlocked through the panel system and is ultimately in the hands of an arbitrator, that's what he/she will be looking for, proof of the "intent of the language", not what Merriam-Webster has to offer.

Whether you like it or not, nothing is "crystal clear" yet....nothing.
The intent is clear. Context is everything. But none of it matters if we have more company man minded people involved, such as some of those in this thread, once it gets through the system. Either way....we're probably screwed. Best contract ever!

Thebrownblob

That part of the article is about working over 9.5 hours. Anything over 9.5 is excessive. The new language states we're to get paid penalty for the other two days. Plain English.

The only issue I have with the process is there may people like you involved farther up the process. There are plenty that see the language for what it is. An obvious payout for two days over 9.5. Then there are those that are blinded for some reason and end up siding with management. I guess you're only die hard about the language when your members throw you soft balls.

Whatever, company man. If people like you who's handling it for us then we are doomed.

I don't know why that is so hard to understand. It should be "interpreted" as such all the way to the top. Hopefully, that is the plan. But when you have so many of our guys sounding like management (who definitely knows the intent but always fights regardless) and defeatists it is very concerning.

The intent is clear. Context is everything. But none of it matters if we have more company man minded people involved, such as some of those in this thread, once it gets through the system. Either way....we're probably screwed. Best contract ever!
It sounds like you enjoy being disappointed😂

Your argument is juvenile and thankfully you’re not negotiating anything for anyone.

Thebrownblob

That's not what it reads at all.
Never mind that, it’s clear context to him 😂 he wasn’t in the room and he didn’t really have a good reasoning why they didn’t actually put those words in there but it’s perfectly clear.🙄 And somehow it’s yours and my fault that it wasn’t actually made perfectly clear. 🤷‍♂️ No matter the big boys in the room will fight hard to get the best outcome. Either way he will pout and complain that somebody else didn’t do something for him.

Never mind that, it’s clear context to him 😂 he wasn’t in the room and he didn’t really have a good reasoning why they didn’t actually put those words in there but it’s perfectly clear.🙄 And somehow it’s my fault or your fault that it wasn’t actually made perfectly clear. 🤷‍♂️
It's just not what it reads. Even in plain English.

Thebrownblob

It's just not what it reads. Even in plain English.
It’s interesting. He’s leaving out the fact that you have to work over 9.5 3 days to even violate to get a penalty. So I guess it’s OK to go excessively over 9.5. Daily? if it was clear, why aren’t we getting paid after every 9.5 day? Clearly it isn’t excessive and penalized until you’ve done it three times. Is it excessive if you do it only two? Apparently not without some other mitigating factors.

For example, the same two days every week or perhaps some sort of retaliation etc., etc.

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

25+ Year UPSer and Teamster
Anyway, back to adult talk. The good thing about this language is the company doesn’t really know either. Stay tuned
Oh they definitely know. But they are hoping our side will cave on the issue like they did after the retaliating language was added. Loading us down two days IS the retaliation. The intent (malice or not) is irrelevant. I had a previous manager explain it that way to one of our younger stewards when drivers started filing. The penalty was SUPPOSED to add teeth to it but we all knew UPS would fight it either way. But we don't need people like you helping make their case for them.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
It’s interesting. He’s leaving out the fact that you have to work over 9.5 3 days to even violate to get a penalty. So I guess it’s OK to go excessively over 9.5. Daily? if it was clear, why aren’t we getting paid after every 9.5 day? Clearly it isn’t excessive and penalized until you’ve done it three times. Is it excessive if you do it only two? Apparently not without some other mitigating factors.

For example, the same two days every week or perhaps some sort of retaliation etc., etc.
How does the word "retaliate" fit into the "intent of the language".

In my opinion that is the word that muddies up the while equation.