Any retired drivers returning for peak?

rod

Retired 22 years
Some people don't like sitting around doing nothing.

Those people aren't me.

I've been retired for over 13 years now and can honestly say that "sitting around doing nothing" is not what a normal retirement is about. If you find yourself if that predicament it just means that you have no hobbies, no outside interests, no marital life, no friends, no ambitions, no dreams and in short-- no life. You should have never retired in the first place. I feel sorry for you.

oldngray

nowhere special
I think it would.

Nope. Once you work enough to get a full year's credit you won't increase it by working more days that year. If you have less than a full year's credit then you do get more for as long as you work until you get to full credit for that year. I needed to work until mid Sept to get credit for the whole year and finished out the month retiring on Oct 1 since it is better to start retirement on the first of a month.

Notretiredyet

pallet-of-cash.jpg

C'mon, You know you want it. LOL
Nope. Once you work enough to get a full year's credit you won't increase it by working more days that year. If you have less than a full year's credit then you do get more for as long as you work until you get to full credit for that year. I needed to work until mid Sept to get credit for the whole year and finished out the month retiring on Oct 1 since it is better to start retirement on the first of a month.

That's not how it works around here, every month worked is worth a few more bucks. Central States adds it per month, so you can get credit for partial last year. Check the pension estimator, by moving your retirement date around. Same results if you get estimate on paper.

oldngray

nowhere special
That's not how it works around here, every month worked is worth a few more bucks. Central States adds it per month, so you can get credit for partial last year. Check the pension estimator, by moving your retirement date around. Same results if you get estimate on paper.

The pension estimator is just an estimate as it says. I couldn't get any exact information from UPS until I started my paperwork to retire. Then I saw exactly how long I needed to work to get credit for a full year. I ended up needing to work a month longer than my original estimate but it was worth it for the increase in pension. And I am in Central States.

Notretiredyet

Thanks, guess I'll just have to wait till I'm within 12 months of leaving to get a real number. Have full and part time years with the company and that seems to complicate things.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Thanks, guess I'll just have to wait till I'm within 12 months of leaving to get a real number. Have full and part time years with the company and that seems to complicate things.

Your pension fund may differ but in mine we get an annual statement and can request a pension estimate at any time as our local website does not have a pension estimator.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
They are bored at home, bankrupt,want to prove something,divorced, lonely, going thru mid life crisis, have stock in fed ex, on drugs, fat and out of shape,like dominance and submission, like sore muscles,like to drive rattletrap trucks,owe a favor to a manager,or just a fool for the money.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
To add to that , management brought back some fat managers to help with helper dispatch. They seem so happy when the arrived. Guess they are getting paid well.

Almost

We had one who quit two days later when he was told to shift. Thought his 42 year's entitled him to the top of the extra board.

gorilla75jdw

If your butt is retired after working 30/35 plus years , please don't come back during peak . Go enjoy your retirement, your life , you earned it , life goes on