Any retired drivers returning for peak?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I've been retired for over 13 years now and can honestly say that "sitting around doing nothing" is not what a normal retirement is about. If you find yourself if that predicament it just means that you have no hobbies, no outside interests, no marital life, no friends, no ambitions, no dreams and in short-- no life. You should have never retired in the first place. I feel sorry for you.
I generally agree. heh I was thinking that during retirement, I'll be working as much as I do now. 12-16 hours a day. Just maybe not physically as hard. ;)

rod

Retired 22 years
I generally agree. heh I was thinking that during retirement, I'll be working as much as I do now. 12-16 hours a day. Just maybe not physically as hard. ;)

If you add "playing" to your 12-16 hours a day I will agree with this. I hope you don't have to "work" that much.

oldngray

nowhere special
I just got a UPS delivery and the driver (someone who knew me) asked whether UPS had called me to work this peak. They had called some other package drivers but I guess they didn't like me enough (sniff). They must have realized I would say no or weren't desperate enough to ask me.

OPTION3

I've been retired for over 13 years now and can honestly say that "sitting around doing nothing" is not what a normal retirement is about. If you find yourself if that predicament it just means that you have no hobbies, no outside interests, no marital life, no friends, no ambitions, no dreams and in short-- no life. You should have never retired in the first place. I feel sorry for you.
I heard a 38 year driver (while on lunch break) who is being “forced” to retire because of health issues say, “ What am I gonna do with my time”..........VERY SAD INDEED. 38 years, 68 years old, financially set......SAD that all he knows is this company and this JOB

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I heard a 38 year driver (while on lunch break) who is being “forced” to retire because of health issues say, “ What am I gonna do with my time”..........VERY SAD INDEED. 38 years, 68 years old, financially set......SAD that all he knows is this company and this JOB
He needs to be hit directly in the temple with a ball peen hammer.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I know a 70 year old driver still working for the same reason. He says be wouldn't know what to do with his spare time. And he works 12 hours a day.

I told him that I feel sorry for him.