Any Tips to Improve time allowance????

Ouch

The OJS code is made up of 3 number letters combo. What old board are you talking about because 3,4, and 5 they enter a 3 number letter combo. Also the OJS code doesn't change your time allowances that you don't get it just to show someone was on the car with you.
The diad 4 is the last board I used. Next time you get a 3 day ojs ride, look at the report. Then compare it to a report when you were by yourself or accidently take the ojs code out and watch what happens. I'm telling you it use to I don't know about now, but use to your route would scratch if you had a ride even if you were 2 hours over any other day of the week.

Ouch

If you have Orion,print a stop-by-stop manifest for your route.What you will NOT see is a lunch break and the federally mandated 10 minute breaks.

Besides,once you make seniority and learn to not let management affect your life things get really easy.
Your lunch is not figured into your planned day. I learned that by asking a guy doing a time study on my old route. Your automatically an hour over before you even leave the building.

werenotthepostoffice

deep down inside I really do not care
Your lunch is not figured into your planned day. I learned that by asking a guy doing a time study on my old route. Your automatically an hour over before you even leave the building.
That's my point. Until every driver starts taking their lunch UPS will keep trying to "steal" that time from us.

Dr.Brownz

The ojs code they use will make you scratch everytime. Its been a while but when they use to ride with me they would put in a 2 digit code on the old diad. It was mentioned above in a response. Then they will ask you what happened when your by yourself and you don't scratch. Its just a way to get you to try and work harder when your by yourself.

I had always had a suspicion something like that existed, yet never gave enough *s to look for an answer. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

10 point

Thanks it's been a while.
I got on the 9.5 list @ 1.35-1.5 over...they say.

I had poor loads every day that made me inefficient and I never debated their report because it is not recognized by the Union.

I don't care if I was 1 hr over or under. I work the same every day.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
If your code an 05 your over under doesn't really matter because 99% of the time your working and getting paid for less than 8 hours.

If you code a 06 your guaranteed 8 hrs of pay whether or not your actually work 8 hours. If they don't give you 8 hours of work that is there problem if your over paid not yours.
I'd be willing to bet more drivers take 05 paycodes in my center than 06.

billerz

At my center the routes do have lunch planned in. There is an adjustment somewhere in between your deliveries where the next stop is hour or so after the last one.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Good to see you're still around.
Welcome back homey lol
200- erfgyui.gif

UPSGUY72

I'd be willing to bet more drivers take 05 paycodes in my center than 06.

Why would someone put 05 Hours worked in there Diad when they are guaranteed 8 hours whether they work 8 hours or not if you put 05 in the board your not guaranteed 8 hrs. The only days I would put O5 in the Diad would be xmas eve or the Dec 30 if they gave us the Option to work hours worked.

Overpaid Union Thug

Why would someone put 05 Hours worked in there Diad when they are guaranteed 8 hours whether they work 8 hours or not if you put 05 in the board your not guaranteed 8 hrs. The only days I would put O5 in the Diad would be xmas eve or the Dec 30 if they gave us the Option to work hours worked.
Why do drivers do allot of the stupid things we read/hear about on a daily basis? Hell, with all of those idiots running around I can't say I blame corporate for trying their little games.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
One of the saddest things I've ever seen was drivers putting in 2 hour lunches just so they wouldn't show up on the over 9.5 report.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I'm not the one to ask. I don't know. But when I go through timecards I can tell you there are very few 06s.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I used to do it when I requested 8 hrs and actually got it, or quite a bit less. I felt that was fair.