anybody have the Christmas ruined by fedex

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
You were given poor service by several poor employees. It is a shame and should not happen. I ordered a Christmas gift for my wife on Monday the 17th. I paid extra for 2 day delivery and was assured it would be here by Christmas. The shipper didn't even ship the package until the 24th. I got it today. Hey operational, does that make me a procrastinator?
Whiner.

How long have you worked in this business? You should know by now that shippers will make all sorts of “promises” close to Christmas. Then again, maybe you’ve been a problem customer in the past and the shipper dealt with you accordingly.

It will be fine

So by your estimation women shouldn't participate in sports?
Wut? That’s a random straw man. Is the WNBA as high quality entertainment as the NBA? There are niche markets for inferior products, I just don’t understand investing the time in following a sport played by mediocre talent when the best of the best are available to watch.

Oldfart

Whiner.

How long have you worked in this business? You should know by now that shippers will make all sorts of “promises” close to Christmas. Then again, maybe you’ve been a problem customer in the past and the shipper dealt with you accordingly.
Not whining, just an observation. Nothing to complain about here. Just mellowing in Hollywood Fl. Great weather and fun times. Go Sooners

vantexan

Wut? That’s a random straw man. Is the WNBA as high quality entertainment as the NBA? There are niche markets for inferior products, I just don’t understand investing the time in following a sport played by mediocre talent when the best of the best are available to watch.
Not a straw man at all. You've discounted the quality of all but the pro's. There isn't a WNBA team that can beat any college men's team and it would be a very poor high school team that they could beat, if any. And the best of the best men only exist because they rose from the ranks of lower leagues. It's silly to suggest that college football, basketball, etc isn't worthwhile. As for women's sports it's worthwhile for the competitive spirit and other attributes like grace. There's not a woman pro who can beat a male tennis pro but the women's side is still very popular. Women's soccer, especially in the World Cup, is very compelling. Surprised at your elitist view.

It will be fine

Not a straw man at all. You've discounted the quality of all but the pro's. There isn't a WNBA team that can beat any college men's team and it would be a very poor high school team that they could beat, if any. And the best of the best men only exist because they rose from the ranks of lower leagues. It's silly to suggest that college football, basketball, etc isn't worthwhile. As for women's sports it's worthwhile for the competitive spirit and other attributes like grace. There's not a woman pro who can beat a male tennis pro but the women's side is still very popular. Women's soccer, especially in the World Cup, is very compelling. Surprised at your elitist view.
It would help if you argued against what I actually said, not your perception. I never said college sports weren’t worthwhile, I said I don’t understand why people prefer an inferior product. I don’t see that as elitist, I see it as rational. The fact that you guys can only argue against straw men reinforces my perception.

vantexan

I don’t understand why anyone follows college sports. They’re a bunch of amateurs that aren’t as good as the pros. I mean I’ll watch the local high school under the lights but if I’m going to really follow a league I’ll watch the best people playing.
Sounds to me you were arguing against college sports.

floridays

Lol wait a second! So, old idiot has said multiple times he started straight out of highschool. Why is he cheering for a college team he has no affiliation with?

We have a term for people like him. He's a Walmart Sooner. Never went to the school but buys all the gear from Walmart like he did go there. LOL what a total loser.
Really stupid post, go ask the elementary school kid in Illinois why he has Ohio State Buckeye gear, or a Colorado kid has Notre Dame gear. You displayed your smallness for a cheap shot at the Old Fart. Exactly which school or team do you root for. 10 dollars says you have no affiliation with any school or organized sport, by participation or any other tie. For your information, I am a Florida native but a Tennessee Volunteer fan. I am a Green Bay fan, have never lived there 1 day, have visited there however. I am a New York Yankee fan, have never lived there 1 day. Love for Yankees started in South Miami, I'm a Florida native.
Cheap shot at @Oldfart . For :censored2:s and giggles, why doesn't everyone list the teams they follow and we'll see who is a non- homer.
I have a term for people like you that make a post like this, petty and and approval, seeker of the cool kids
Piling on dezguy, 15 yards Oldfart, first down.

floridays

Yep, Walmart has the best prices on school gear. Always stay away from school run gift shops. So people that didn't go to college are not allowed to cheer for a college team? Interesting. I guess people that don't live in a city with an MLB team are not allowed to cheer for a team. I never thought of that. I guess I can't cheer for the St. Louis Cardinals anymore. That sucks. Thanks for clearing that up.
My reply to dezguy was sent before I read your response to him. Since my response was much like your's I'll accept the same tongue lashing that is probably in store for you. I can't wait to read the ensuing responses if any.

floridays

He's also said that he's a big fan of Alabama football and Kentucky basketball. It should come as no surprise that 'bama football fans are the most annoying and dumbest football fans out there, and likewise for UK hoops fans. And our Old Flatulence... is both!
Mark your territory,...... 59 Dano is a.......... fan?

floridays

I can understand it if you went to a school and want to cheer for your alma mater. Cheering for an institution you have no affiliation with is just stupid.
I rarely cheer for my alma mater. I made a financial deal with them, my loyalty was formed long before college. I think my alma mater appreciates the money I sent them more than my cheering for them.

vantexan

Reading comprehension can be hard. I don’t understand why anyone would choose to follow college over the pros. I understand there is a market for college sports, it is just an irrational preference if you ask me.
Come on now, I know it's hard for you to admit, but you didn't say in that post anything about following college sports over the pros. You said you don't know why anyone follows college sports, period. Hey if you don't care for college sports more power to you, but for every player drafted into the pros there are many players almost as good that don't make it. The pros can take only so many. To say that without the future pro players the quality drops way off just isn't so. And the future pro players are still out there too.

It will be fine

Come on now, I know it's hard for you to admit, but you didn't say in that post anything about following college sports over the pros. You said you don't know why anyone follows college sports, period. Hey if you don't care for college sports more power to you, but for every player drafted into the pros there are many players almost as good that don't make it. The pros can take only so many. To say that without the future pro players the quality drops way off just isn't so. And the future pro players are still out there too.
JFC read it again.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Old idiot is so dumb he just likes every team in existence. Thats the only way he feels like a winner. One would think working past retirement would show him otherwise.

I think he's follows the most successful teams because it's easy... like the typical Wildcats basketball fan and 'bama football fan.

59 Dano

Dano is 100% correct. Kentucky and Bama fans are just plain dumb. They have no idea about sports and know nothing about the game. Their teams are 2 of the most successful in their sport in all of college. Throw the Sooners in there and I would imagine them and Bama have more football National Championships than any other 2 schools combined.

Cheering for a successful sports program doesn't make you knowledgeable about that sport anymore than cheering for good weather makes you a meteorologist.

Here's the most recent example of the 'bama fanbase mentality... Derrick Henry. When I'm in Nashville I listen to one of the sports talk stations there and you should hear the Crimson goofs call in. Doesn't matter what the issue is with the Titans, "more carries for Derrick Henry." These clowns will argue until they're blue in the face and are oblivious to his issues with inconsistency that were so glaring that he was nearly traded earlier this year.

59 Dano

Bizarre straw man argument you made there. Even in their worst years, the worst NFL teams would destroy the best the college teams. It wouldn’t be close. I’m talking about the overall entertainment product. One exceptional player can swing a college game much more than in the NFL. The game is better played at the pro level.

And the college games take forever.

59 Dano

I went to a small college that played basketball in the NAIA, no football team. The games were surprisingly competitive

They should be competitive, considering that the talent levels are comparable. Put them up against an average NCAA team and watch them get leveled.

To the broader point, people should watch whatever teams they like. It's like vanilla ice cream vs chocolate ice cream.

59 Dano

Women's sports are weak. I'll watch them when the athletes are easy on the eyes, which means lots of volleyball and not a lot of anything else.