Anybody in the Greenville, NC (278-1) center?

wilberforce15

Three hours to the outer banks. You can live well on drivers pay there. 260k gets you a 2700 sf 4 br home with $2500 taxes.

I'm a PTer with a regular day job, and I live in 3k square feet on a quarter acre, a home less than a decade old, and I pay 3k in taxes to live in a metro area with the highest number of PhD's per capita in the country, so schools are great. And a commute anywhere I need isn't even a bother.

You don't even need driver pay to make that happen.

Staydryitsraining

OBX is a great place for family vacations. It’s not a place with a bunch of trashy bars and drunks piling out of them. Why do you think there are so many huge self-contained homes for rent? For family gatherings. Those houses have their own pools, volleyball courts, basketball, etc. You bring the party with you and enjoy the quiet at the beach.
Yes I know. I do it annually.

KOG72

I’m full of it
20578FF8-9ED4-4B48-A2C8-4A1023238AD9.jpeg
I went last year to the OBX for the first time for a couple of days once you see the sites,lighthouses and of course the horses on the beach there really is not a lot to do there,I guess that’s why we hit Myrtle Beach 3 or 4 times a year.Mountains are cool I have been from one end of the state to the other.

Dhydratd

Three hours to the outer banks. You can live well on drivers pay there. 260k gets you a 2700 sf 4 br home with $2500 taxes.
3 hours to the beach, 2 hours to the mountains, $235K for 2600sf home in a prime, crime-free upscale neighborhood with all amenities w/in a 5 minute drive and only a 20 minute commute to work. My tax bill last year was just over $2700. Yep, it sure does suck to live in NC!!