anyone else burnt out yet?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
They did seem to plan well here. Tons of casuals and rentals. That first week was really rough, but last week my manager assigned a casual to help me so it isn't bad now although with working 7 days a week, I still got 65+ hours last week.
This was discussed this summer when some of the usual idiots were bemoaning a lack of peak planning and I told them that seniors and ops managers were told to hire however many casuals they thought they'd need and to reserve rentals as soon as possible. They told me that wasn't a plan. Go figure.

floridays

Why you think it's wise to bank on a disaster is beyond me. The entire company was supposed to be neck deep in stacks of undelivered freight by now based on observations from this past summer.
Deal with my statement, not others from past months.
I stand by my prediction.

floridays

Good for you. Let us know when we're in the midst of a disaster.
I'll be more clear, other persons statements from past months.
I think the fail will define itself, it is Christmas once again, wash, rinse, repeat.
I'm simply going with the odds.

Pacify my inclination, exactly what is Fedex doing proactively this peak to avert a cluster?

MassWineGuy

Not burned out yet. I worked three consecutive mornings last week, plus my pm route. That was tiring. But I was off m yesterday. The coming week and especially Christmas week should be a ton of fun.

And I guess we’ll be delivering Covid vaccine, too.

It will be fine

Not burned out yet. I worked three consecutive mornings last week, plus my pm route. That was tiring. But I was off m yesterday. The coming week and especially Christmas week should be a ton of fun.

And I guess we’ll be delivering Covid vaccine, too.
Is that a split shift with a long gap in between or does the morning route just roll into the pm?

59 Dano

I'll be more clear, other persons statements from past months.
I think the fail will define itself, it is Christmas once again, wash, rinse, repeat.
I'm simply going with the odds.

Pacify my inclination, exactly what is Fedex doing proactively this peak to avert a cluster?
You tell me what your idea of a disaster or cluster is and we'll go from there. All I know is that we were supposed to be experiencing widespread network issues by now and we're not.

floridays

You tell me what your idea of a disaster or cluster is and we'll go from there. All I know is that we were supposed to be experiencing widespread network issues by now and we're not.
I know what promise we deliver, I know the branding.
You tell me.

59 Dano

I just did, I guess you missed the service promised and our branding part of my post.
Most of the time, your posts remind me of Joe Biden's infamous performance during the Thomas confirmation hearings. How about this - when whatever your idea of a cluster happens, you let us know?

MAKAVELI

Don’t your mornings start at like 5 am and pm finish at 9? Around here the Express pickup routes are late.
A 5AM shift would most likely be a sort position. He is most likely coming in to help with deliveries then his pu route. Even split shifts have to adhere to HOS rules so he wouldn't be starting that early and doing a pu route.

It will be fine

A 5AM shift would most likely be a sort position. He is most likely coming in to help with deliveries then his pu route. Even split shifts have to adhere to HOS rules so he wouldn't be starting that early and doing a pu route.
I guess it depends on the pm route, right? He’d be pushing 12 hours if he was going straight through.

floridays

Most of the time, your posts remind me of Joe Biden's infamous performance during the Thomas confirmation hearings. How about this - when whatever your idea of a cluster happens, you let us know?
If you don't meet service Monday through Saturday, I'd call that a disaster, if what sets one apart is the world on time.