Anyone else get fired or disciplined for reporting safety violations?!!

F

Frankie's Friend

Yep that's our labor manager Mike kettler, funny never even saw this until now, its dated back in August 2016.
That shouldve been posted in your building where employees traffic for 60 days (as it reads on the bottom of the document) and cannot be covered up.

See if you can get it reposted permanently on the union board.

@Superteeth2478 ..man I wish you were in Canada..would have helped me not have to quit 8 years in. Weak steward weak ba corrupt management..came down with cancer while working with Ups. Was told i had to reschedule surgery by my manager because 2 people senior to me were off on vacation that week.

F

Frankie's Friend

Oh wow, you know that from experience? That sucks. Hopefully I never have to deal with that. Haven't had a problem with my BA, but you never know.
Yeah, we know that by personal experience.
We hate crooked "representation".

What would you think of a BA that is called by management and asked to be in the office waiting on a steward to report for work in the morning so that they can terminate the steward with his BA as representation and the BA never called the steward to ask or warn him about what is going on?

There's some games going on around our area. The collusion is rampant in some locals and it is poison to the membership as a whole.

Superteeth2478

Yeah, we know that by personal experience.
We hate crooked "representation".

What would you think of a BA that is called by management and asked to be in the office waiting on a steward to report for work in the morning so that they can terminate the steward with his BA as representation and the BA never called the steward to ask or warn him about what is going on?

There's some games going on around our area. The collusion is rampant in some locals and it is poison to the membership as a whole.
Yeah, that's awful, to say the least. You know, in a way I'm glad to not be in that kind of local, but on the flipside that's also the kind of local where I should be. I'd be fighting that corrupt BA, and I guarantee he would have to fight hard to get rid of me (I would probably get rid of him before he got rid of me). I'm extremely meticulous when it comes to defending myself, and just as meticulous when presenting a case. I'd file a board charge and present it in a manner that would be impossible for the local to win.

Superteeth2478

@Superteeth2478 ..man I wish you were in Canada..would have helped me not have to quit 8 years in. Weak steward weak ba corrupt management..came down with cancer while working with Ups. Was told i had to reschedule surgery by my manager because 2 people senior to me were off on vacation that week.
Yeah, that's pretty weak. I would just have told you to schedule the surgery and call in and tell your manager to stuff it! Any discipline that came from that would be something I would recommend taking to a local news team to bury them in bad press...

That reminds me of the time when a woman told the preload manager at the time (who surprisingly was a woman herself) that she was pregnant and needed to be put on light duty further along in the pregnancy to avoid harming the baby. The preload manager told her that she had to leave work and stay until she could perform the job with no restrictions. She came to me and elaborated on the incident (after her situation was revealed to me after she was out for a couple of days), and I was on that so fast she was back to work within three days (with backpay for the time she missed) and was allowed to work with the proper restrictions up until she delivered. I spoke to the preload manager and made it clear that it would not only be a grievance but also a lawsuit on top of that, and she backed down immediately. It's not the first time that UPS as a company has attempted to deny pregnant women the right to light duty.

Inthegame

No i would rather not tell you his name but he was always challenging the union about recording meetings with the center manager and the union with him in the office.
Just kidding on the name...Liam Russert was the guy in L804 that recorded every conversation he ever had with his PO, other BA's and Executive Board members, then used those recordings out of context in a campaign against the guy that hired him after UPS fired him.
Class act, or maybe I mean class ass.

F

Frankie's Friend

Little before my time but relevant to the NLRB case that was won. What was the big deal with recording anyways I'm surprised that management does not record all conversations with union employees for disciplinary action.
What makes you think they don't?
Great encouragement for the membership to fight corruption.
Not.

That's a Right To Work booster article imo.

You wonder why there's violence in workplaces?

That's garbage.

Hacks me off.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
What makes you think they don't?

Great encouragement for the membership to fight corruption.
Not.

That's a Right To Work booster article imo.

You wonder why there's violence in workplaces?

That's garbage.

Hacks me off.
I really dont know to be honest but just wondering why they had such a hard on about us recording conversations about disciplinary action.

F

Frankie's Friend

I really dont know to be honest but just wondering why they had such a hard on about us recording conversations about disciplinary action.
Some people change their story from one hearing to the next and not only lose their case but end up getting slapped with NLRB charges, sued, and worse.

If your story is valid, accurate and unchanging you dont worry about being recorded.

The rest of the people stress out about it.

542thruNthru

Some people change their story from one hearing to the next and not only lose their case but end up getting slapped with NLRB charges, sued, and worse.

If your story is valid, accurate and unchanging you dont worry about being recorded.

The rest of the people stress out about it.

That's why you just tell the truth and document everything.

542thruNthru

I take notes and record anytime I'm brought into the office. My management team doesn't know I do. I only record so that after work I can make sure my notes are correct and I didn't miss anything. After that I delete it.

It drives them nuts when I write some thing down. :)

F

Frankie's Friend

I take notes and record anytime I'm brought into the office. My management team doesn't know I do. I only record so that after work I can make sure my notes are correct and I didn't miss anything. After that I delete it.

It drives them nuts when I write some thing down. :)
They hate that. During the meeting/hearing I type it in my electronic calendar and it transposes to my home PC.

Saves a lot of notes and paper.

browned out

Dan O'Shea put up a hell of a losing fight.

But, his lengthy battle, handling part of it self represented after he ran out of money; proceeding pro se has enlightened and educated many.

Every UPS teamster should read every single one of the legal documents attached to the O'Shea case.

The case brings to light and builds a "history" of the Union/UPS collusion that continues today. O'Shea was not the 1st to be victimized by that partnership. Rob Atckinson was not the last.

During the five years that the prior suit was pending, neither UPS nor the Union objected to Mr.
O’Shea’s forum choice.
The above reveals that defendants’ motion has little merit. It is the type of motion litigants
file when they are seeking to ramp up attorney’s fees.

Filing a joint 301 DFR/Breech of contract suit against the Teamsters and UPS is almost impossible to win.

BUG's reminder of the Dan O'Shea case should embolden members; not scare them.

If you are a steward, activist or true union member (not a Hofficer slapdick); you really should read O'Shea's cases.

And don't let UPS or corrupt Teamster locals scare you. O'Shea's case is very valuable. But the following case of recording in the workplace is recent. Whole Foods Loses Appeal on Recording Ban Policy

Last edited:
F

Frankie's Friend

Exactly.

If you want to "take on" the company.... you better have your :censored2: wired tight.

NLRB charges should be clear and concise, with facts, to back up your assertion.

And a knowledge of what you are doing.
So this O'Shea guy didnt have his xcx tight?
The Teamsters local, according to the article wasn't in collusion with the company, the area labor board wasnt corrupt or found to be in fraudulent collusion with the union and the company among the rest of the one sided corrupt actions "to get rid of a problem"?

This is a report on a lowly hourly taking on a corrupt local (who he paid dues to for years) and the company he worked for and everyone watched him get screwed.

This story is about more than having your crap together.

It's about a corrupt union and a hateful company with lots of money willing to crush anyone who stands up for themselves.

Let's tell the truth.