Anyone else see the message from Sean O'brien?

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

The article is missing some important facts. They have hired many ex ups center managers, P E managers, and I E managers.

It was left out because it didn't add to the point of the article! But yes you are correct! People move over to the competition, its not uncommon.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Sorry... I didn’t read the rest of the post. I’m just so :censored2: the members are like “ it’s ok”. I’m like WTF!
I totally agree brother... if ups was hurting I would be willing to look at different options but they are nowhere close to the poor house.... employees and customers first, then shareholders last...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Have you noticed all of the new package cars? I've never seen so many in my entire career.
Think they finally had to get new buildings online and get new cars also... our whole fleet of tractors are almost all automatic new kenworths and internationals....I think it was just time to start buying things.... contract or not

dudebro

The article is missing some important facts. They have hired many ex ups center managers, P E managers, and I E managers.

Sure they have, but they still haven't replaced our infrastructure, not even close.

Even when they do put their sprinters on the road, they only deliver all of their own envelopes and smalls, and leave the canoes to us.

Sure they have, but they still haven't replaced our infrastructure, not even close.

Even when they do put their sprinters on the road, they only deliver all of their own envelopes and smalls, and leave the canoes to us.
They have some of our top talent. They will cherry pick our most profitable areas. And offer better services. By the time amazon reaches ups’ age. They will be the leader in pkg delivery.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Irregs are going to be 20 percent of the volume before you know it... what’s ups going to do when this happens?? Put roof racks on top of the vehicles??? I don’t miss that :censored2: at all...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
They have some of our top talent. They will cherry pick our most profitable areas. And offer better services. By the time amazon reaches ups’ age. They will be the leader in pkg delivery.
We’ll all be dead by then anyway and all the amazon employees will be online at “amazon cafe” bitching about the same things we all bitch about....circle of life..

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
How is he switching buildings!??? I’ve heard of people able to switch centers within a building, but not different locations altogether... wth??

Here if you’re laid off for a week
You bump into any building in the local

IF you have the seniority to do so

542thruNthru

How is he switching buildings!??? I’ve heard of people able to switch centers within a building, but not different locations altogether... wth??

He is in the West. We have transfer language that lets us transfer to anywhere that is covered by the western region supplement.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Signing up for a union gig and not being prepared to strike is like signing up for the Army and not being prepared to deploy. You knew what you were getting yourself into. After reading this thread I'm starting to hope we do strike. It'll get rid of some cowering weaklings, and it'll be the only way I'll get time off in August anytime in the next decade.