Anyone else see the message from Sean O'brien?

542thruNthru

Also so when management screws up they shall suffer the wrath of the panda bear!
HTTP21lZGlhLmdpcGh5LmNvbS9tZWRpYS9Ub01qR3BJWXRndk1QMzhXVEZDL2dpcGh5LmdpZgloglog.gif

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

A lot of people can say the same thing. Even years later most still do not understand their contractual rights. Could be because of contract interpretations and under the table deals those rights change from year to year.

No, I mean I had absolutely no idea that the hourlies were part of a union until after I was hired.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Have you noticed all of the new package cars? I've never seen so many in my entire career.
I think they had to get new cars for the people they plan to hire to replace you guys. Nobody can drive a manual anymore. I remember my last peak they took away the veterans cars to give to trainees.
They will hire a bunch of young ones who will run their asses off for the job.......dont want them to bother with shifting....

I think they had to get new cars for the people they plan to hire to replace you guys. Nobody can drive a manual anymore. I remember my last peak they took away the veterans cars to give to trainees.
They will hire a bunch of young ones who will run their asses off for the job.......dont want them to bother with shifting....
They have been replacing package cars in record numbers.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Nobody can drive with 4 flat tires either brah!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Yawn.

How many decades of precedence ?

Section 4

"Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, regular seniority employees required to work on any of the above named holidays shall receive double his/her regular hourly rate for all hours worked with a guarantee of eight (8) hours for full-time employees and four (4) hours for part-time employees. Also, no employee shall be required to work on Labor Day unless authorized by the local union."

-Bug-
What "precedence", beyond the last two years???

You yourself admitted that language preceded Article 40 and that "nobody is still around to attest to it's intent"....

....yet somehow it's now crystal clear???

It's crap language, reinterpreted to the benefit of the Company, plain and simple.

~Bbbl~™

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
What "precedence", beyond the last two years???

You do realize the company has worked drivers on the day after Thanksgiving

since the late 90's.... and at first, tried to pay the drivers the "penalty" if they

were forced and straight time if they volunteered.

They lost at the JAC. The Union interpretation was correct.

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You do realize the company has worked drivers on the day after Thanksgiving

since the late 90's.... and at first, tried to pay the drivers the "penalty" if they

were forced and straight time if they volunteered.

They lost at the JAC. The Union interpretation was correct.

-Bug-
Yes, under Article 40 for air only premium service packages, the only place in which it is "otherwise provided in this agreement", but in no way allows for a full day ground operation.

~Bbbl~™

What'dyabringmetoday???

Article 40 only deals with air and premium service packages...

....or did you forget how this conversation started?

~Bbbl~™
I honestly don't know why you bother trying to carry on a conversation with this "guy". He will never admit to ever possibly being wrong or that the union has sold out the membership on more than one occasion. I respect how you make your points though- especially when trying to make a point with this particular "guy".