Anyone else see the message from Sean O'brien?

twoweeled

For what reason ... just so you can earn your strike stripes?
Too bad you weren't here for 1997.
The sad truth is no one wins in a strike.
1997 did get 22.3 jobs which can be a last mile to retirement for older drivers that cannot get it up anymore (i.e. @Turdferguson) but not much else.
There is fools gold at the end of that strike rainbow.

289724-alexfas01.jpg
I was there for the 97 strike and it was the best thing we could have done. No one wins in a strike, but it you don't have a threat, or willing to strike, WE will be the ONLY ones losing every single contract. Management will win in every contract without that threat. That doesn't sound too appetizing either. If I'm going to lose, I want the other guy losing something too. Maybe even win one occasionally.

twoweeled

Judging by the post. We're gonna get another screwing, and rationalize it by comparing ourselves to others who are not doing well. That should make us feel better about getting the big one, , , , again!

F

Frankie's Friend

@Gimme Danger might know a bit more about that. I’m sure it’s being worked on. And if the company ever wants a functioning safety committee again, they will move (like they said they would) the sup and the BA will be back to regular order of business. Providence has one of the very few truly union run safety committees.
Better than upstate's? Come on man.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I have a brother that lives in California, with a house similar in size to mine.

$875,000.... it doesn't have a driveway or garage.

It is location, California real estate is outrageous. I live in a small farming village 20 miles from a major city. The same house with the quality and land would run 5 x as much if it was just 10 miles closer to the metro. Most of us are willing to commute to be able to afford the house and community.

Johnny123456789

With all the advancements in automation and AI, I wonder how long it will be until a bloody revolution happens.

A long strike will surely add gas to an already flammable society.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
It is location, California real estate is outrageous. I live in a small farming village 20 miles from a major city. The same house with the quality and land would run 5 x as much if it was just 10 miles closer to the metro. Most of us are willing to commute to be able to afford the house and community.

How long is your commute

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

With all the advancements in automation and AI, I wonder how long it will be until a bloody revolution happens.

A long strike will surely add gas to an already flammable society.

Basic economics says that technology increases production which increase profit which increase how much you can pay your employees! Fact!! So bring it UPS more technology means we don't buy you can't pay us! Greedy SOB!