Anyone seen these package car cameras yet?

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
I’ll tell you what as somebody with not that much time in the company the idea of being watched all day makes me want to jump ship. Idk if I’ll do it because I have no other marketable skills but they are killing the one really good part about this job.

tech209

I’ll tell you what as somebody with not that much time in the company the idea of being watched all day makes me want to jump ship. Idk if I’ll do it because I have no other marketable skills but they are killing the one really good part about this job.
I feel you bro.....but friend it just take your time now and slow things down and make em pay.......if asked why so slow I’m just following the methods and safety first

JoesUPSacct

Swollen Member
394c4b776758e087ba51b4fd94f0838c--cowgirl-art-work.jpg

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
40% of the cameras are installed in the package cars in Phoenix! I have a friend that works there and he had a word with one of the subcontractors that are installing them not UPS mechanics! Pretty much management can see you LIVE both front and back view
Why aren’t ups employees installing these
Seems like an easy win at the grievance table

542thruNthru

Change in working conditions. This should have been negotiated or the union should have gave a strike notice

Sadly I have to disagree.

Article 6.4
Technological change shall be defined as any significant change in equipment or materials which results in a significant change in the work of any classification of employees in the bargaining unit or diminishes the number of workers in any classification of employees in the bargaining unit.

A camera doesn't do this. This is why I think we are screwed when it comes to the national panels in August

Article 6.4
Technological change shall be defined as any significant change in equipment or materials which results in a significant change in the work of any classification of employees in the bargaining unit or diminishes the number of workers in any classification of employees in the bargaining unit.

A camera doesn't do this. This is why I think we are screwed when it comes to the national panels in August
We got to at least fight it

quad decade guy

Why aren’t ups employees installing these
Seems like an easy win at the grievance table
Gosh, ever been at a hub....recently? All I see is mgt. doing hourly and subcontracting.

Grieving the installation won't stop the cameras.....

They'll just take it off property and do it. Like many, many things at UPS.

Pretty basic stuff........*

Last edited by a moderator:

Staydryitsraining

Article 6.4

Was it approved by the tech board? Yes or no? Are they the company saying its an extension of tmatics? Yes or no?

542thruNthru

Was it approved by the tech board? Yes or no? Are they the company saying its an extension of tmatics? Yes or no?
I'm not understanding you're questioning. The definition is clear in the language. So why would it need to be approved by the Teamster/UPS Committee for Technological Change?

Were Cradles negotiated? They change our jobs more than a Camera.