Anyone seen these package car cameras yet?

moldsporh

if it's only to help with distracted driving
It's not.

They tell us it picks up motion like "smoking" .

Just so happens that ANY movement by your arms/hands would trigger the camera....so this concludes the thought of "will it always record"

Yes. The camera will record constantly, and they tried to sell the story of "only watching for distracted driving or smoking to the union.....and they fell for it.

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
How do you know its not on all the time?
I dont. But if its for what they are training us on, and selling the union on, then hanging a hat on it, when the vehicle is OFF, and you are in the back selecting, if they say anything or discipline you, BOOM, you've just caught them pulling, yet another, okie doke.

BrownStains

Well our first termination for "tampering" with the cameras happen today. Driver covered the whole camera with one of the UPS call tag door hangers. View attachment 344716

Optimistic that he'll get his job back.
That’s terrible they fired him for that. I don’t blame him. I don’t see how they can say putting a hat over this is tampering as long as you’re not physically disabling it . This company has gone to far with the harassment type non sense. Hopefully the union can do somthing to stop it.

oldngray

nowhere special
That’s terrible they fired him for that. I don’t blame him. I don’t see how they can say putting a hat over this is tampering as long as you’re not physically disabling it . This company has gone to far with the harassment type non sense. Hopefully the union can do somthing to stop it.
It doesn't sound like progressive discipline. They wanted to make an example of him.

And if it only records when it detects certain motions why is it recording it it can't see anything? Most likely always on.