Anyone seen these package car cameras yet?

35years

Gravy route
So, there are infrared camera blocking sunglasses.

They work. I have a pair.

When you get them, test them with your phone's facial recognition...Your phone will not recognize you even though it will through regular sunglasses.

The camera needs to see your retinas to build a face and body around. Without access to your eyes the camera is unable to recognize you as a person, and so doesn't record.

This way you are not messing with or blocking the camera, and yet they don't record you: They can't say you are not allowed to protect your eyes from IR light...

Last edited:

Dubl51

We've had them installed at my center since I started last year. Older drivers have had some issues with the change and a few have been warned about attempting to cover them.

I've never had any issues. I come from an industry that already had them in cab and they were alot more strict as far as what could be done while in motion etc.

The motion detector goes off if the camera speculates that you're not at full attention for more than I think 5 seconds. So for example it constantly "dings" me when I take a drink while in motion. But I've never been spoken to about it or disciplined.

All that said my assumption is if we're doing what we're being paid to do the cameras won't be an issue.

I have more of an issue with the new diads than I do the cameras. Feels like they went one step forward and two steps back with the freezing and all that.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
We've had them installed at my center since I started last year. Older drivers have had some issues with the change and a few have been warned about attempting to cover them.

I've never had any issues. I come from an industry that already had them in cab and they were alot more strict as far as what could be done while in motion etc.

The motion detector goes off if the camera speculates that you're not at full attention for more than I think 5 seconds. So for example it constantly "dings" me when I take a drink while in motion. But I've never been spoken to about it or disciplined.

All that said my assumption is if we're doing what we're being paid to do the cameras won't be an issue.

I have more of an issue with the new diads than I do the cameras. Feels like they went one step forward and two steps back with the freezing and all that.

The issue isn't what they are doing with the cameras, it's that the cameras are there at all, and that people are so unwilling to risk losing their jobs that they gladly give up their basic human dignity. We are not live stock, but we are being groomed to accept being treated as such. The company could have bought units with only outward facing cameras. They chose not too. Once people get comfortable with the indignity of the camera being there, they will push for being able to use the inward facing camera. And people won't resist that either cause "muh job".

It is a classic behavioral psychology method of operant conditioning: systematic desensitization. Desensitization is used beneficially to help with anxiety and phobias. But it can also be used to get people used to conditions they would have felt were unacceptable at some point, by introducing stimulus a little at a time. Sort of how we are being conditioned to accept totalitarianism.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
The issue isn't what they are doing with the cameras, it's that the cameras are there at all, and that people are so unwilling to risk losing their jobs that they gladly give up their basic human dignity. We are not live stock, but we are being groomed to accept being treated as such. The company could have bought units with only outward facing cameras. They chose not too. Once people get comfortable with the indignity of the camera being there, they will push for being able to use the inward facing camera. And people won't resist that either cause "muh job".

It is a classic behavioral psychology method of operant conditioning: systematic desensitization. Desensitization is used beneficially to help with anxiety and phobias. But it can also be used to get people used to conditions they would have felt were unacceptable at some point, by introducing stimulus a little at a time. Sort of how we are being conditioned to accept totalitarianism.
They are already using the camera that faces the driver...

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
So, there are infrared camera blocking sunglasses.

They work. I have a pair.

When you get them, test them with your phone's facial recognition...Your phone will not recognize you even though it will through regular sunglasses.

The camera needs to see your retinas to build a face and body around. Without access to your eyes the camera is unable to recognize you as a person, and so doesn't record.

This way you are not messing with or blocking the camera, and yet they don't record you: They can't say you are not allowed to protect your eyes from IR light...

Saving this.

Yeet

They are already using the camera that faces the driver...

That's not what they are claiming.
There is a camera on both sides of the unit. The outside records up to 100 hours of video and flags events such as hard braking. The inward facing camera, according to them, does not record you but it dings at you when it senses you doing unsafe behavior as in eating while driving or looking away for too long. So now I will have the Bendix system in my tractor beeping at me all day long as well as this lytx POS yelling at me for taking a drink or not driving with both hands on the wheel. But hey, incessant beeping isn’t an in-cab distraction at all, is it?

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
That's not what they are claiming.
Cover it with tape. I bet it says lens obstructed all day long .if it isn't being used, why would it even know the lens is covered up?
Also the lie that was used, is that it isn't a camera. It's a sensor.. lmao. All cameras are sensors..

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
There is a camera on both sides of the unit. The outside records up to 100 hours of video and flags events such as hard braking. The inward facing camera, according to them, does not record you but it dings at you when it senses you doing unsafe behavior as in eating while driving or looking away for too long. So now I will have the Bendix system in my tractor beeping at me all day long as well as this lytx POS yelling at me for taking a drink or not driving with both hands on the wheel. But hey, incessant beeping isn’t an in-cab distraction at all, is it?

That was my understanding of how the system worked. I'm opposed to it all together, but many people are tolerating it because the inward facing camera "isn't recording". I used to work security, and I'm very well versed in the psychology of surveillance. They had a camera on us while we watched cameras. There is a limit to what is acceptable, a camera aimed right at your face every second you drive is beyond that limit, recording or not.

JL 0513

Anyone confirm that inside camera can't be on while vehicle is off? Like lunch time or something? Wouldn't care for being checked on while I eat a sandwich.

Recording audio would be very illegal. Like making a phone call on lunch with the possibility of that private conversation being heard?

21Savage

It doesn't beep at you for drinking/eating or not having both hands on the wheel. I've only had it beep for using my phone while in motion. If you're stopped you can use your phone and it won't beep at you.

21Savage

Anyone confirm that inside camera can't be on while vehicle is off? Like lunch time or something? Wouldn't care for being checked on while I eat a sandwich.

Recording audio would be very illegal. Like making a phone call on lunch with the possibility of that private conversation being heard?
It's motion activated. Doesn't matter if vehicle is on or off it can always be active.

Yeet

This was one of my biggest concerns. I’m a truck driver and my conversations with other drivers on the headset can be extremely vulgar to put it lightly.