Anyone seen these package car cameras yet?

clean hairy

Don’t know if true but I’ve heard of lots of guys getting warning letters for in cab distractions? For taking drinks of water and stuff.
They instruct us to stay hydrated, then issue a warning letter for doing so.
Driver stops drinking water and suffers heat stroke, then gets warning letter for not staying hydrated.
Get warning letter for drinking water, and for not drinking water.
Company can't have it both ways!
I would like to see how that would play out at panel!

Poop Head

Judge me.
Driver stops drinking water and suffers heat stroke, then gets warning letter for not staying hydrated.
Theyd say, drink water when youre not driving. Why is this so hard?

Brownsocks

Just a dog
I eat, drink, pick my nose and the camera never goes off.
I have noticed coming out of parking lots with high curbs seems to trigger the impact sensor (doesn't count against you), and hard braking seems to be triggered pretty easy too.

Big Rigger

Exactly. Put the cameras in first...
Later start the audio....
Even later start the driver facing camera.

Same way the government will eventually take away all our freedom. A little at a time...
Do you believe they won't turn on all the possible features from the beginning? They just won't admit doing it and can't use any of it for discipline.
Agree totally. They'll just tell us they started it a little at a time.
Check your state's law on electronic eavesdropping. In our state listening and recording someone's conversation without anyone in that conversation knowing is against the law.
They may listen (and there's no doubt in my mind they don't already listen thru the. DIAD microphone when someone is targeted) but they can't admit it or use the content without a court order to do so.
Then again, what deal will the ibt leadership make on the way out the door?
I don't know for sure but if a CBA trumps federal law it is not good.

Big Rigger

They brought this on themselves. We aren't the drivers who don't see past the nose of the truck. We are CONSTANTLY aware of our surroundings and I'm willing to bet this might even be an insurance perk, just like EDD was and is a fuel perk.

This is not about safety, it's about greed. And the only thing EDD has caused is 1 more hour of pay to drive 5 less miles.

These cameras will do the same, another epic fail and will cost the company more money.

Once the 3rd quarter earnings come back on other companies, showing them how they need to cut back due to this covid whirlwind, we will look good through peak, then they will be losing their minds come February when we start losing a small bit of volume as other businesses adjust....then comes the harassment. Just like any other year, but this is where it takes it's toll. I'm not trying to sound negative, but it's reality.

They went too far with the cameras and it will show.
It's all about liability and how the company can get out of it.
What was the response when they got sued for next day air falsification?

It's the drivers. Fire them.

Big Rigger

Question for guys who have dealt with workers comp.

Can they try to deny your comp for not using their prescribed methods? I could see them doing something like that.

Will deter the fakers im sure.
First: they're going to fight most all wc cases anyway and especially if you kept working.
Second: the answer to your question is no.
Third: an attorney told me that as long as you are on the clock and delivering/picking up and you get hurt the bottom line is that the company sent you to that location and they are liable for your well-being. End of story.

21Savage

Any further news about the cameras? They're coming to my center soon.
I don't even think about it anymore. Management barely even mentions it. You'll hear it beep at you if you're on or looking at your phone but that's about it. There's been no discipline whatsoever.

There's thousands of events triggered per day just in one center alone. I think it's information overload for them. Nobody has the time to sit and look at all of them.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I don't even think about it anymore. Management barely even mentions it. You'll hear it beep at you if you're on or looking at your phone but that's about it. There's been no discipline whatsoever.

There's thousands of events triggered per day just in one center alone. I think it's information overload for them. Nobody has the time to sit and look at all of them.
Until they focus on one driver they want to nit pick on.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I will disconnect it if they put one in my car. I don't care if they promise no cab facing video, if there's a lens, there's video. I will not apologize for fighting the panopticonization of the world. We are not prisoners, we do not deserve having a camera in our face all day. I will gladly let them fire me over it. It is completely unacceptable, there is no compromise to be made.