Anyone using a third-party solution instead of Garmin for HD/one-system?

serco

the garmin download would work great if Fedex would update their dam map from the 90s to 2018.
Problem I've had is all the manual plots the station has done, and how far off from the correct address they are. If a company would create a turn by turn direction using google maps instead if relying on FedEx plotting coordinates it would work better.

It will be fine

The problem is your product forces employee drivers to use their own cell phones for work. At a bare minimum the contractor would have to reimburse a portion of each driver’s cell phone bill. The law will vary by state but some states may require the contractor to pay for at least a portion of the device itself if not the whole thing. It’s opening a can of worms that GC avoids by using contractor owned iPads.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I'm still rocking a flip phone...

Butt I read that those with road warrior app, the bc or ao can goto mygroundbiz and upload the manifest to the driver instead of the drivers typing everything one address at a time... someone confirm that?

OrioN

Problem I've had is all the manual plots the station has done, and how far off from the correct address they are
I just delete those off from the Garmin and re enter the correct plots and move them to the right stop order

Then, I # the box with an appropriate #.

For example, a misplot that I manually move to the right sequence will have "30.5" on it, reminding me that it's between stops 30 & 31

every.delivery

been using packageroute, a few weeks, it is exactly what weve been lookning for on these and other threads. built by contractors, solves pretty much all imaginable service hurdles and its free til JAN, i believe.. droid, ios OK. not even a CC neede d to test. just sayin. should probably check it out.

OrioN

Bump, apparently your app fell on deaf ears for my investor group... they're planning on getting ipads for every route in my terminal and others in my state (~ 500 that I know of) with ground cloud... wut a waste of resources

It's useless to me and others who have area knowledge, but I guess they want to track every driver from the comfort of their home.

Keep it for the swing/cover drivers

It will be fine

Bump, apparently your app fell on deaf ears for my investor group... they're planning on getting ipads for every route in my terminal and others in my state (~ 500 that I know of) with ground cloud... wut a waste of resources

It's useless to me and others who have area knowledge, but I guess they want to track every driver from the comfort of their home.

Keep it for the swing/cover drivers
It’s not useless, you’re going to like it. It makes the job much easier to do. It’s also a qualified safety program now and VEDR vendor, tracks hours, prints out monthly maintenance forms, etc. It would be silly to use a competing service without those features. Navigation is more of an afterthought for my uses, I don’t have it turned on when I run a route.

OrioN

Our safety program is emailed to us and we do it online...

Almost everyone has a smart phone these days, except me and a few others.

I asked the BC if unscanned boxes can be manually input into the ground cloud ...

QeMJoJk.gif

I'm glad they're not putting the blame on drivers for misloads (DEX 012) anymore too... but unscanned boxes still makes for a longer day if u have to back track in a rural area

Yeah, I'll just stick with what works for my route& use area knowledge until they got their bulk order in.... the investor group is in multiple states so I'm guessing it's going to be in the thousands!

It will be fine

Our safety program is emailed to us and we do it online...

Almost everyone has a smart phone these days, except me and a few others.

I asked the BC if unscanned boxes can be manually input into the ground cloud ...

QeMJoJk.gif

I'm glad they're not putting the blame on drivers for misloads (DEX 012) anymore too... but unscanned boxes still makes for a longer day if u have to back track in a rural area

Yeah, I'll just stick with what works for my route& use area knowledge until they got their bulk order in.... the investor group is in multiple states so I'm guessing it's going to be in the thousands!
You can scan the barcode with the iPad and it will add the stop to your route. You still have to recognize that it’s missing when you’re out delivering but it’s pretty easy to do.

OrioN

Yeah,I don't have it yet... just getting some info about why they went this route instead of that other one @every.delivery is stating.

PackageRoute for FedEx Ground ISPs

If this was made by iSPs, then why didn't others know about it before jumping into ground cloud?

At least with this, a driver can input special notes for a stop (ie express's eNotes) so when cover/swing drivers go there, they know where to release a parcel or watch out for loose dogs. No more need to get with an administrator in the office to input it into the customer preference portal

dawg94

Ground cloud allows you to put in notes for addresses and it will remain as long as you want. But the big thing is Ground Cloud does a much better safety program and time clock system. It is much more than just mapping. The email safety system is ok but just had an instance in our station it doesn’t matter if the emails are sent out if the driver does not complete the safety email it does not count as compliance. Ground cloud forces you to do it on iPad before you can do anything else.