Anyone wonder

Coldworld

60 months and counting
No but at least they will have a dinner.
Current part timers can't always say that. $10 an hour doesn't go very far in the grocery store these days.
Make me a 22.4, I'll deliver the :censored2: for $20 an hour. Yeah I'll make less than you but at least I can afford to put food on the table.
From a part-timer perspective, those 22.4 jobs don't sound that bad. We currently have to work weekends at our third part-time job anyways, and for a lot less than $20. You drivers make so :censored2:ing much that you might as well be on a totally different planet than us.
We’ll see how you feel when you are working 50-60 hour weeks and there’s NOTHING you can do about it... each week working different schedules and there’s NOTHING you can do about it.... I’m going to guarantee you that after those four years you are going to be so burned out or injured that for some they might just say friend it and leave....you really have no idea what you’re getting yourself into... and I agree with the pt bs... I did the 2 job thing for YEARS also .. I can relate. But In ups’ mind they want this 22.4 job to be a revolving door job where someone works 1 or 2 years and gets out...just wait.

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
We’ll see how you feel when you are working 50-60 hour weeks and there’s NOTHING you can do about it... each week working different schedules and there’s NOTHING you can do about it.... I’m going to guarantee you that after those four years you are going to be so burned out or injured that for some they might just say friend it and leave....you really have no idea what you’re getting yourself into... and I agree with the pt bs... I did the 2 job thing for YEARS also .. I can relate. But In ups’ mind they want this 22.4 job to be a revolving door job where someone works 1 or 2 years and gets out...just wait.

Wasn’t the 22.4 thing the unions idea anyways?? You know UPS is sitting back licking their chops on how their going to exploit and screw those guys.

Big difference between working
2900 hours a year instead of 900 hours a year.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Wasn’t the 22.4 thing the unions idea anyways?? You know UPS is sitting back licking their chops on how their going to exploit and screw those guys.
Yep....I think IN THEORY they had a decent idea but then the union really wasn’t thinking about all of the ways that it could be exploited... IF these guys spend most of the time inside except for sat and Sunday then their hours wouldn’t be big because ups wouldn’t want them working inside for 12 hours a day...

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
Yep....I think IN THEORY they had a decent idea but then the union really wasn’t thinking about all of the ways that it could be exploited... IF these guys spend most of the time inside except for sat and Sunday then their hours wouldn’t be big because ups wouldn’t want them working inside for 12 hours a day...

Come join the discussion

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Yeah because ups breaks the contract daily next contract they will use the 22.4 to take away more from other drivers
I don’t know why the union wouldn’t have put a max cap on these drivers behind the wheel except for peak???? Only be allowed to deliver all day on sat and sun and 4 hours (1/2 is a shift) for the weekdays and they are allowed to get on the 9.5 list and have 8 hour days( didn’t see anything in the language about that either)... the union just dropped the ball in so many different ways here

AwashBwashCwash

Hate to say it but I already work 50-60 hours a week brother.
What do you think the average part-timer's life is like? Do you think we just work our 20 hours and then go home and sit on our ass? Most of us have to work 3 jobs 7 days a week to make ends meet because UPS pays jack :censored2:. Do you know what happens when you work 3 jobs? You almost spend more time getting ready for work and getting to work than you do actually working. It's inefficient. 50-60 hours all at once place? Sounds like heaven to me. And that paycheck would change my life. You guys don't realize how bad it really is out there for the people working right next to you.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Hate to say it but I already work 50-60 hours a week brother.
What do you think the average part-timer's life is like? Do you think we just work our 20 hours and then go home and sit on our ass? Most of us have to work 3 jobs 7 days a week to make ends meet because UPS pays jack :censored2:. Do you know what happens when you work 3 jobs? You almost spend more time getting ready for work and getting to work than you do actually working. It's inefficient. 50-60 hours all at once place? Sounds like heaven to me. And that paycheck would change my life. You guys don't realize how bad it really is out there for the people working right next to you.
I came from the hub dude... I bet I understand more than you think....why can’t they just hire more FT drivers????

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Who knows, I don't make those decisions. All I'm telling you is that those 22.4 jobs would be a big improvement to a lot of us.
I agree... some places are hiring drivers off the street....I’m sorry you are in a location where they don’t focus on hiring... out of curiosity what size of building do you work in???

AwashBwashCwash

Not really.
It's a huge extension of the full time progression.

Full-time progression is meaningless to me since I'm not a full-time driver. I'm not on that progression anyways. I stated all the reasons why a 22.4 job is a big step up for many part-timers in a previous post. You seem like you're in a bubble. I'm sure it would be a :censored2:ty job compared to what you are used to. But compared to what I'm used to it's a great job. Maybe if the part-timers hadn't been sold out for decades I'd feel differently.