Anyone wonder

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Not sure what you mean by this but false accusations hurt everyone, but truly only discredit the accuser.

Anonymous speculation is not the same as unsubstantiated accusations. An accusation would need to be more specific. To be honest I think it would be better that union leaders were taking bribes than the alternative, which would be them being so incompetent that they actually think they negotiated a good contract.

People post such speculation here to vent frustration, that's as far as it needs to go. If there were actual details involved in the posts, with names and dollar amounts, etc, then there would be cause for rebuke.

Brown140

This is a bad contract due to the wording with 22.4. Shameful the union let this slide through. Sorry RPD “No work available”! 22.4 did your area on Sunday call back tomorrow.

Last edited:

panther

It will continue to be premium for RPCD that are needed. The benefits of the seniority and premium jobs. That is good for the Union. The others will just have to pay their dues that come with experience and time with the company and the union. I don't see a problem with this.
I dont see a problem with this either... other than the $6 an hour cut for doing the same job.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Full-time progression is meaningless to me since I'm not a full-time driver. I'm not on that progression anyways. I stated all the reasons why a 22.4 job is a big step up for many part-timers in a previous post. You seem like you're in a bubble. I'm sure it would be a :censored2:ty job compared to what you are used to. But compared to what I'm used to it's a great job. Maybe if the part-timers hadn't been sold out for decades I'd feel differently.

I'm not sure what center and local you are in. But I think you might feel differently if you became a driver.
As a general rule, drivers work longer hours, and harder than most part timers.
Period.

And I'm a preloader, not some random driver.

"Better" is not good enough. We need "good".
Wouldn't you agree?

LagunaBrown

This is a bad contract due to the wording with 22.4. Shameful the union let this slide through. Sorry RPD “No work available”! 22.4 did your area on Sunday call back tomorrow.
friend.Y.I. A 22.4 is an upgrade to areas that already have a two tier driver. Some areas also have an 8 hour / 5 consecutive day guarantee that makes the “no work available” not even matter. Thus talking to a BA clarifies where you stand with your contractual language.

RealPerson

friend.Y.I. A 22.4 is an upgrade to areas that already have a two tier driver. Some areas also have an 8 hour / 5 consecutive day guarantee that makes the “no work available” not even matter. Thus talking to a BA clarifies where you stand with your contractual language.

Unfortunately not all areas are the same. Sucks some language will help some places and hurt others.
My center there seems to be a frequent FT driver signup list with seniority dates of 6 months only signing up. Building use to be a 4-6 year wait to drive. 6 months now it seems, ha.

TheFigurehead

Thus talking to a BA clarifies where you stand with your contractual language.

Stop with the BA bull:censored2:. Your BA is either going to tell you to vote "no," or they are complicit in this sellout. Anyone with eyes can see it's a terrible deal. No amount of you begging people to listen to their BA's sales pitch is going to change that.

jagger john

Think his yellow rubber suit is clearly cutting off his circulation down in his sack which is restricted blood flow to the brain.....
in a new contract all things are to be improved we all are going backwards 70 cent raise is below cost living they are going to inslave 22.4 drivers this contract is a no vote