Anyone wonder

In my interpretation/reading/understanding whatever you want to call it. the total number of protected jobs will be the number of routes in Monday-Friday. The lowest number being Monday for my building. Therefore the number on Monday will be the number protected!

It's the number of drivers CURRENTLY scheduled M-friend, has nothing to do with routes in, and does not protect the positions MOVING BACK to M-friend. The drivers are protected, but not the jobs.

Ex: 10 drivers M-friend, 6 drivers T-S. All 16 will eventually be working M-friend in the next 18-24 months. As attrition takes its toll, only 10 RPCD jobs will the company contractually be obligated to keep.

LagunaBrown

Devil's advocate here, what building does not have Sat air? So even if XYZ center has not begun the "regular Saturday delivery" cluster that many of us know does the phrase, "in the event the company does not begin Saturday or Sunday delivery at a building until after August 1, 2018" even apply?
Basically you get the total RPCD and they are protected jobs. Now how many routes do you run on Saturday and how many RPCD are in you center?

LagunaBrown

It's the number of drivers CURRENTLY scheduled M-friend, has nothing to do with routes in, and does not protect the positions MOVING BACK to M-friend. The drivers are protected, but not the jobs.

Ex: 10 drivers M-friend, 6 drivers T-S. All 16 will eventually be working M-friend in the next 18-24 months. As attrition takes its toll, only 10 jobs will the company contractually be obligated to keep.
Not true because no 22.4 can work if a RPCD is laid off.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
“Protected jobs” shall
include RPCDs that will continue to be replaced by employees
covered under Article 41, Section 2

41, sec 2 is progression for new "RPCD" It is NOT about 22.4's!

Devil's advocate here again.

So if the driver of route 29A says screw this and takes a job at Boeing or the Railroad (Both of which pay more than UPS FYI!). 29A was never in on Mondays! What stops the company from cutting out that route out and renaming it Blueballs2 and puting a 22.4 on it? the RPCD was not replaced by a Art 41 sec 2 employee therefore your quote does not apply!

Do you understand now?

So if the driver of route 29A says screw this and takes a job at Boeing or the Railroad (Both of which pay more than UPS FYI!). 29A was never in on Mondays! What stops the company from cutting out that route out and renaming it Blueballs2 and puting a 22.4 on it? the RPCD was not replaced by a Art 41 sec 2 employee therefore your quote does not apply!

Do you understand now?

Routes are not jobs. Swing drivers do not have routes, but they do have jobs.

LagunaBrown

Do you understand now?
I know what you are saying and that your just trying to make sure RPCD don't get screwed. Hell I don't trust the company one little bit but I do trust the Teamsters. If you ask your Business agent I am sure he will agree that ALL RPCD jobs are protected and will not be diminished (even the T-S that will go M-friend)

I'll ask my Business Agent and you ask yours and lets get a straight answer, deal?

I know what you are saying and that your just trying to make sure RPCD don't get screwed. Hell I don't trust the company one little bit but I do trust the Teamsters. If you ask your Business agent I am sure he will agree that ALL RPCD jobs are protected and will not be diminished.

I wish I had the faith you do, and I'm really trying to help here, not be argumentative, but you're just wrong here. They are not ALL protected jobs. It's only current m-friend jobs that are protected. That's it.

Oh I am wrong?

Yes, section 1 clearly states this, section 2 backs it up by defining ONLY M-friend scheduled RPCD as of August 1, 2018 are protected. This does not include those that will be moving back in the next 18-24 months.

The number of RPCDs working a Monday through Friday
schedule in each building, shall be verified and agreed to by
each Local Union and the Company Labor Representative, as of
August 1, 2018 and shall be protected jobs. “Protected jobs” shall
include RPCDs that will continue to be replaced by employees
covered under Article 41, Section 2. In the event the Company
does not begin Saturday or Sunday delivery at a building until
after August 1, 2018, the number of RPCD jobs in existence at the
time of implementation shall be included as “protected jobs.”

dogs.bite.me

Once again we have a 8 hour 5 consecutive guarantee in the Southwest. What do you not understand about that?

What you are missing is them saying
“Sorry there is no work available. Go home.”
Then you respond, but I’m guaranteed 8.
They tell you to go home and file a grievance.
You do that.
When grievance gets heard, you lose because the company says there was no work available.

dogs.bite.me

Where in the contract does it say there must be Saturday ground to implement 22.4 language? I must have missed that part.
It does say it.

Read in the22.4 language

Attachments

• 7A958293-E54D-4584-AF96-092B63CB9C7E.png
    7A958293-E54D-4584-AF96-092B63CB9C7E.png
    755.3 KB · Views: 117