AOC Who Earns $175,000.00 A Year Wants Us To Pay Her $17,000 Student Loan Debt

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Yes that’s exactly like a defined pension benefit. Oh wait it’s actually nothing like that. Those loans were taken out by you with the intent to pay them back yourself. Everyone getting their pension saved did exactly what they were supposed to do.

You might have a good analogy but that’s not the one.
I didn't take out the loan, my son did. I just choose to pay it off for him.

A pension fund should only pay out what it can afford to stay solvent. Retirees maybe should have accepted a reduced benefit instead of gouging the taxpayers? Should the poor have to pay for the middle class Union workers to keep their benefit?

I've bailed out farmers, auto companies, big banks, Ukrainians, Trump, etc....
Guess it's the American Way.

Thebrownblob

I didn't take out the loan, my son did. I just choose to pay it off for him.

A pension fund should only pay out what it can afford to stay solvent. Retirees maybe should have accepted a reduced benefit instead of gouging the taxpayers? Should the poor have to pay for the middle class Union workers to keep their benefit?

I've bailed out farmers, auto companies, big banks, Ukrainians, Trump, etc....
Guess it's the American Way.
Sorry your sons Poor ability to pay back his own loans is not the same as a guaranteed and defined pension. Hence the reason we have a PBGC. Pretty sure we don’t have one of those for student loans.

Like I said I’m sure there’s an analogy you could use I would agree with, yours is silly and just shows you to be derelict of what you’re talking about as well as kind of a mooch.

And you’ve got a slightly better than snowballs chance in hell of getting the money with all the lawsuits coming.

And all you doing is sticking it to the people in the middle class such as ourselves.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Sorry your sons Poor ability to pay back his own loans is not the same as a guaranteed and defined pension. Hence the reason we have a PBGC. Pretty sure we don’t have one of those for student loans.

Like I said I’m sure there’s an analogy you could use I would agree with, yours is silly and just shows you to be derelict of what you’re talking about as well as kind of a mooch.

And you’ve got a slightly better than snowballs chance in hell of getting the money with all the lawsuits coming.

And all you doing is sticking it to the people in the middle class such as ourselves.
From one mooch to another. I understand now. You believe it's OK for your pension to bailed out but :censored2: everyone else.
Why did Joe and the democrats have to save pensions if we already have the PBGC?
If student loan relief gets reversed I'll just write a check and pay off the balance. No big deal but I ain't gonna turn it down if offered.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Student loan debt relief should be universal. AOC’s, Ivanka’s, everyone’s.
You can be relieved by paying back the money you promised to pay back.

If you want to talk about free higher education going forward that's fine. But for the government to forgive student loans while they're still giving them out is just plain stupid.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
If you want to talk about free higher education going forward that's fine. But for the government to forgive student loans while they're still giving them out is just plain stupid.
Yes, public colleges and universities should be tuition-free for students, paid for by taxes.

The current plan isn’t good enough but is better than nothing.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

Bailing out the farmers again.
You take out a loan you should take the personal responsibility pay it off instead of fleecing the taxpayers.
While I agree with what you say on the one hand, on the other hand, we(Americans) need farmers to stay in business. We need what they provide to survive. We don’t need what the average college graduate with student loans provides or doesn’t provide.

oldngray

nowhere special
While I agree with what you say on the one hand, on the other hand, we(Americans) need farmers to stay in business. We need what they provide to survive. We don’t need what the average college graduate with student loans provides or doesn’t provide.
A big problem is that most of that money ends up going to big corporate farms instead of small family farms.

Up In Smoke

Looks like government monies will be going to people affected by Ian who failed to properly insure their homes against hurricanes. Rolled the dice and lost, should these people be tossed out on their ears or bailed out?

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Looks like government monies will be going to people affected by Ian who failed to properly insure their homes against hurricanes. Rolled the dice and lost, should these people be tossed out on their ears or bailed out?
Tossed out. Why should I have to bail out someone too cheap to insure their property.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Too many farmers producing too much product. Time to thin the herd.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
c6a8bf670daf0cdb73765bc44bfda56edd-GettyImages-1155806904.rsquare.w700.jpg