AOC Who Earns $175,000.00 A Year Wants Us To Pay Her $17,000 Student Loan Debt

rickyb

Well you jump around so much it’s hard to tell what you’re talking about lol I think you and I have talked plenty about how war being pushed worldwide, pretty much by every western nation they are all in this together
when youre talking about republic thats probably bc the founding fathers didnt want popular democracy because they knew everyone would just take the wealth from the rich LOL

Thebrownblob

when youre talking about republic thats probably bc the founding fathers didnt want popular democracy because they knew everyone would just take the wealth from the rich LOL
No because pure democracy is nothing more than communism in disguise and they knew that. Pure democracy is just the many controlling the few. And it’s humorous that you continue to say taking the wealth when America is probably one of the only places you can start with nothing and become wealthy. Again every time you speak the level of your ignorance shows, remember we were trying to form a “more perfect union” not a perfect one. When humans are involved there’s no such thing as perfect.

rickyb

No because pure democracy is nothing more than communism in disguise and they knew that. Pure democracy is just the many controlling the few. And it’s humorous that you continue to say taking the wealth when America is probably one of the only places you can start with nothing and become wealthy. Again every time you speak the level of your ignorance shows, remember we were trying to form a “more perfect union” not a perfect one. When humans are involved there’s no such thing as perfect.
"
Among Madisonian scholars, there is a consensus that "the Constitution was intrinsically an aristocratic document designed to check the democratic tendencies of the period," delivering power to a "better sort" of people and excluding those who were not rich, well born, or prominent from exercising political power (Lance Banning). The primary responsibility of government is "to protect the minority of the opulent against the majority," Madison declared. That has been the guiding principle of the democratic system from its origins until today.

In public discussion, Madison spoke of the rights of minorities in general, but it is quite clear that he had a particular minority in mind "the minority of the opulent." Modern political theory stresses Madison’s belief that "in a just and a free government the rights both of property and of persons ought to be effectually guarded." But in this case too it is useful to look at the doctrine more carefully. There are no rights of property, only rights to property that is, rights of persons with property. Perhaps I have a right to my car, but my car has no rights. The right to property also differs from others in that one person’s possession of property deprives another of that right if I own my car, you do not; but in a just and free society, my freedom of speech would not limit yours. The Madisonian principle, then, is that government must guard the rights of persons generally, but must provide special and additional guarantees for the rights of one class of persons, property owners.

Madison foresaw that the threat of democracy was likely to become more severe over time because of the increase in "the proportion of those who will labor under all the hardships of life, and secretly sigh for a more equal distribution of its blessings." They might gain influence, Madison feared. He was concerned by the "symptoms of a leveling spirit" that had already appeared, and warned "of the future danger" if the right to vote would place "power over property in hands without a share in it." Those "without property, or the hope of acquiring it, cannot be expected to sympathize sufficiently with its rights," Madison explained. His solution was to keep political power in the hands of those who "come from and represent the wealth of the nation," the "more capable set of men," with the general public fragmented and disorganized…"

democracy is participation in power. why defend the alternative?

this is regarding class mobility which you claim is so great in america:

Thebrownblob

"
Among Madisonian scholars, there is a consensus that "the Constitution was intrinsically an aristocratic document designed to check the democratic tendencies of the period," delivering power to a "better sort" of people and excluding those who were not rich, well born, or prominent from exercising political power (Lance Banning). The primary responsibility of government is "to protect the minority of the opulent against the majority," Madison declared. That has been the guiding principle of the democratic system from its origins until today.

In public discussion, Madison spoke of the rights of minorities in general, but it is quite clear that he had a particular minority in mind "the minority of the opulent." Modern political theory stresses Madison’s belief that "in a just and a free government the rights both of property and of persons ought to be effectually guarded." But in this case too it is useful to look at the doctrine more carefully. There are no rights of property, only rights to property that is, rights of persons with property. Perhaps I have a right to my car, but my car has no rights. The right to property also differs from others in that one person’s possession of property deprives another of that right if I own my car, you do not; but in a just and free society, my freedom of speech would not limit yours. The Madisonian principle, then, is that government must guard the rights of persons generally, but must provide special and additional guarantees for the rights of one class of persons, property owners.

Madison foresaw that the threat of democracy was likely to become more severe over time because of the increase in "the proportion of those who will labor under all the hardships of life, and secretly sigh for a more equal distribution of its blessings." They might gain influence, Madison feared. He was concerned by the "symptoms of a leveling spirit" that had already appeared, and warned "of the future danger" if the right to vote would place "power over property in hands without a share in it." Those "without property, or the hope of acquiring it, cannot be expected to sympathize sufficiently with its rights," Madison explained. His solution was to keep political power in the hands of those who "come from and represent the wealth of the nation," the "more capable set of men," with the general public fragmented and disorganized…"

democracy is participation in power. why defend the alternative?

this is regarding class mobility which you claim is so great in america:

What you’re talking about gnome Chomsky A racist anti-liberty anti-freedom hack, so it’s not unbelievable that your mind has been twisted.

And I don’t recall people swelling Canada‘s border to cross like they are here. If it’s so bad why do people want to come? Well it’s because they know your outlook is not true but affection created through a fog of drugs and poor education that she’ll be attempting to pay off the next 30 years.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
What you’re talking about gnome Chomsky A racist anti-liberty anti-freedom hack, so it’s not unbelievable that your mind has been twisted.

And I don’t recall people swelling Canada‘s border to cross like they are here. If it’s so bad why do people want to come? Well it’s because they know your outlook is not true but affection created through a fog of drugs and poor education that she’ll be attempting to pay off the next 30 years.
Kids a lost cause.

Thebrownblob

1658847439298.gif

rickyb

maybe ill post howard zinn and chris hedges perspective too. wouldnt be suprised if richard wolff has something to say about it too since it appears it was so economically motivated.

america can just be less bad than latin america....doesnt mean its not bad.

like saying hillary is less bad than trump. still bad. or trudeau is less bad.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
this forgiving student loans is gonna make my head explode
Are we living in some seinfeld bizarro world?

everyone loses except the loser students?