Application Inactive

Bigfoot

Hide & Seek Champion
I applied for a PT package handler position at Whites Creek in Nashville and received this message:

Thank you for your interest in UPS and for completing our online assessment. We appreciate the time and effort you have put into your application.

After a complete review of your qualifications and assessments, we have decided not to proceed with your candidacy at this time. However, we will keep your application active for one year and notify you if a potential opening becomes available that is a good match for you.

We hope you found the online games interesting and the trait report useful. We wish you every success in your job search and encourage you to keep exploring.

Best Regards,
UPS Recruitment.

I searched the forums trying to find similar occurrences but couldn’t find any. I’m curious if this is a means to an end or if the position has already been filled. The application didn’t give me an opportunity to fill out job history or even references. Just my name, email, zip code and a 12 game assessment with pymetrics. Has anyone else had a similar situation?

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
I applied for a PT package handler position at Whites Creek in Nashville and received this message:

Thank you for your interest in UPS and for completing our online assessment. We appreciate the time and effort you have put into your application.

After a complete review of your qualifications and assessments, we have decided not to proceed with your candidacy at this time. However, we will keep your application active for one year and notify you if a potential opening becomes available that is a good match for you.

We hope you found the online games interesting and the trait report useful. We wish you every success in your job search and encourage you to keep exploring.

Best Regards,
UPS Recruitment.

I searched the forums trying to find similar occurrences but couldn’t find any. I’m curious if this is a means to an end or if the position has already been filled. The application didn’t give me an opportunity to fill out job history or even references. Just my name, email, zip code and a 12 game assessment with pymetrics. Has anyone else had a similar situation?
didn’t read the whole post . Just drive to your local Ups hr building & fill out application in person.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I was surprised, instead of asking for my job history it has me playing multiple games.
It’s almost peak and we are turning down applicants ...SHAME ON YOU UPS! don’t come crying when it’s peak time and we don’t have anyone....unless you truly are Bigfoot then you would need your beard/hair waiver then we will hire you.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I think you’re right unfortunately. Back where I’m from, my dads a package handler and my two brothers are package car drivers for brown lol. Guess I didn’t make the cut ‍♂️
Don’t give up young non-union brother , you must keep fighting they will hire you..can’t your family get you in? UPS vehicles/drivers will be extinct within the next 10 years, I would try driving for amazon they are the future

barnyard

KTM rider
I think you’re right unfortunately. Back where I’m from, my dads a package handler and my two brothers are package car drivers for brown lol. Guess I didn’t make the cut. ‍:chaseups:

Or it could be that they drew the line on family. It was not that long ago that UPS would not hire relatives. I wonder if a family has a 'quota' you yours has been reached. Maybe try again after one of your relatives retires.

Bigfoot

Hide & Seek Champion
Don’t give up young non-union brother , you must keep fighting they will hire you..can’t your family get you in?

I moved away for school and I don’t live at home anymore. It’s just unfortunate because I have a good resume but wasn’t required.

Bigfoot

Hide & Seek Champion
Or it could be that they drew the line on family. It was not that long ago that UPS would not hire relatives. I wonder if a family has a 'quota' you yours has been reached. Maybe try again after one of your relatives retires.

You’re probably right. However, I didn’t even get far enough to give out any information. Pretty much my name, number, email and a 12 game quiz. Application didn’t even require a resume of any sorts.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Best Regards,
UPS Recruitment.

How many felonies you got

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
I remember back in 84 when I started, UPS use to hire from unemployment office. They would keep a list of applicants there and when UPS got ready to hire, they would go to office and interview people. The day I was hired was the day I filled out a UPS application.

upschuck

You’re probably right. However, I didn’t even get far enough to give out any information. Pretty much my name, number, email and a 12 game quiz. Application didn’t even require a resume of any sorts.
What kind of game was it?

Are you sure you were at the right website?