Application Inactive

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
How many felonies you got
not enough
I applied for a PT package handler position at Whites Creek in Nashville and received this message:

Thank you for your interest in UPS and for completing our online assessment. We appreciate the time and effort you have put into your application.

After a complete review of your qualifications and assessments, we have decided not to proceed with your candidacy at this time. However, we will keep your application active for one year and notify you if a potential opening becomes available that is a good match for you.

We hope you found the online games interesting and the trait report useful. We wish you every success in your job search and encourage you to keep exploring.

Best Regards,
UPS Recruitment.

I searched the forums trying to find similar occurrences but couldn’t find any. I’m curious if this is a means to an end or if the position has already been filled. The application didn’t give me an opportunity to fill out job history or even references. Just my name, email, zip code and a 12 game assessment with pymetrics. Has anyone else had a similar situation?
I'll give you a hint:be non-white.

rod

Retired 22 years
I remember back in 84 when I started, UPS use to hire from unemployment office. They would keep a list of applicants there and when UPS got ready to hire, they would go to office and interview people. The day I was hired was the day I filled out a UPS application.
We used to get 300 to 600 people applying for one job. This was in a town of about 13,000 population.

Bigfoot

Hide & Seek Champion
1D75187B-67D1-49E4-97C4-D62DB4865D86.png
What kind of game was it?

Are you sure you were at the right website?

I wish I was making it up, but it was the right website. It was 12 games that tested your traits, such as, cognitive, emotional and social traits. My results showed I did well. Here’s further proof if I can attach the image.

The UPS website had me download this app on my phone, and when I agreed to the games it directed me to the app.

Bigfoot

Hide & Seek Champion
View attachment 265966

I wish I was making it up, but it was the right website. It was 12 games that tested your traits, such as, cognitive, emotional and social traits. My results showed I did well. Here’s further proof if I can attach the image.

The UPS website had me download this “gaming” app on my phone, and when I agreed to the games it directed me to the app.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It’s almost peak and we are turning down applicants ...SHAME ON YOU UPS! don’t come crying when it’s peak time and we don’t have anyone....unless you truly are Bigfoot then you would need your beard/hair waiver then we will hire you.
Might need a ss number too

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I applied for a PT package handler position at Whites Creek in Nashville and received this message:

Thank you for your interest in UPS and for completing our online assessment. We appreciate the time and effort you have put into your application.

After a complete review of your qualifications and assessments, we have decided not to proceed with your candidacy at this time. However, we will keep your application active for one year and notify you if a potential opening becomes available that is a good match for you.

We hope you found the online games interesting and the trait report useful. We wish you every success in your job search and encourage you to keep exploring.

Best Regards,
UPS Recruitment.

I searched the forums trying to find similar occurrences but couldn’t find any. I’m curious if this is a means to an end or if the position has already been filled. The application didn’t give me an opportunity to fill out job history or even references. Just my name, email, zip code and a 12 game assessment with pymetrics. Has anyone else had a similar situation?
Keep trying @Bigfoot11 .

By the way, do you know @silverbullet2893 ? He has massive, big sized feet as well, and a heart for his favorite sport teams to match.

upschuck

View attachment 265966

The UPS website had me download this app on my phone, and when I agreed to the games it directed me to the app.
I guess there just getting you ready for all the games you'll have to play at ups.

Zowert

Hang in there, peak is around the corner. They will come running after you by November. I know it’s different from center to center but here we often turn people down only to hire them a month later. It’s all about their needs at the moment.

Bigfoot

Hide & Seek Champion
Well, I applied to another center after not hearing back from whites creek and got an interview next week! Wish me luck boys!

Utility81

Best Regards,
UPS Recruitment.

Seems to me, you obviously have a pulse as you’re typing things onto this forum. No idea why you weren’t hired.

When I was hired almost 20 years ago, I called this robo number and got an interview. They showed me pictures(definitely from the 1970’s) of people lifting packages. The guy said, can you lift packages that weigh up to 70lbs? I said sure. The rest is history