Netflix: Colony.....a review. Warning: Liberal Democrat reader discretion.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I tried to watch the latest Predator movie, "Prey" last night on Hulu. Big mistake. Turned it off about 30 minutes in and immediately turned on Predator 1 to see if I could forget what I'd just seen.
The first was the best. I always watch it if it’s on.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Anyone watching Dahmer? As sick as we knew he was, after getting halfway through the 10 episodes I realize he was even sicker than that. Crazy.
I’ve seen a few docs on that animal. He was a special kind of crazy.
CFB72A42-6D28-4D71-AEA0-21197DC06495.gif

El Correcto

god is dead
Anyone watching Dahmer? As sick as we knew he was, after getting halfway through the 10 episodes I realize he was even sicker than that. Crazy.
Far from perfect so far, 2 episode in, but it’s still one of the best bio series I’ve seen of a serial killer’s life. It’s hard to do justice to just how far gone these type of individuals are in media.

Hate how they didn’t just do the series in order, just tell the story quit bouncing around so much it’s annoying. Also they haven’t shown any of the extremely graphic stuff like him drilling a hole in that Asian boys head. I wonder how they will handle the dismemberments later. Even as someone who knows basically everything there is to know about Dahmer, they have done a pretty decent job so far telling the story. They left out some details of his arrest and the actor didn’t really do a good job of capturing Dahmer being detained.

What they do a really good job of is showing just how stupid Dahmer and serial killers in general are. How it was mainly police incompetence at the time and a lack of centralized communication through out the criminal justice system that allowed these notorious ones to get away with it for so long.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Far from perfect so far, 2 episode in, but it’s still one of the best bio series I’ve seen of a serial killer’s life. It’s hard to do justice to just how far gone these type of individuals are in media.

Hate how they didn’t just do the series in order, just tell the story quit bouncing around so much it’s annoying. Also they haven’t shown any of the extremely graphic stuff like him drilling a hole in that Asian boys head. I wonder how they will handle the dismemberments later. Even as someone who knows basically everything there is to know about Dahmer, they have done a pretty decent job so far telling the story. They left out some details of his arrest and the actor didn’t really do a good job of capturing Dahmer being detained.

What they do a really good job of is showing just how stupid Dahmer and serial killers in general are. How it was mainly police incompetence at the time and a lack of centralized communication through out the criminal justice system that allowed these notorious ones to get away with it for so long.
He literally got away with murder for so long considering how many times the police were called on him. I have to give it to Niecy Nash, she did some great acting in the show. I’m used to her always trying to be funny.

El Correcto

god is dead
He literally got away with murder for so long considering how many times the police were called on him. I have to give it to Niecy Nash, she did some great acting in the show. I’m used to her always trying to be funny.

I still haven’t finished it yet, mainly because I already know all about Jeffrey and it’s kind of repetitive and overdone. It is one of the best I’ve seen ever done about a serial killer’s life though.
With news like this of it’s success out I’m hopeful for more serial killer series like this to get made.
Unlike Dahmer Dean Corll was a gay sexual sadist, he tortured people to death and had accomplices. Dahmer was mainly just a lonely necrophiliac, he didn’t enjoy the murdering or causing pain to his victims, he wasn’t that sadistic. Both evil, but I’d much prefer seeing corll get done in a series like this.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I’m watching the HBO special “Escape from Kabul”. As bad as I thought it was, there are many horrible things I didn’t even think of that happened at that airport. I sure hope those Marines got psychological help for everything they had to see and experience. Obviously, the Afghans need psychological help too.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

If any of you are into foreign shows or films and don’t mind subtitles, this is a stunningly beautiful show, from the cinematography to the relationships that form. I wasn’t too sure about it before watching because I’m not really into Asian shows, but all the reviews kept talking about how beautiful it was, so I took a chance. Well worth it.

qdg2

If any of you are into foreign shows or films and don’t mind subtitles, this is a stunningly beautiful show, from the cinematography to the relationships that form. I wasn’t too sure about it before watching because I’m not really into Asian shows, but all the reviews kept talking about how beautiful it was, so I took a chance. Well worth it.
Would you call it a "chick flick"? <Serious question....before I(we) spend any more time?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Would you call it a "chick flick"? <Serious question....before I(we) spend any more time?
Yes, BUT it’s also about male friendships and has lots of action because it is based on a violent period in Korean history. A lot of the very positive reviews I read were from men. I guess it’s all subjective.