Apply now or next year?

Future

Victory Ride
IMG_1321.JPG

@Big Arrow Down...D

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Should I wait til next year to apply at UPS as a driver? If I'm reading the article correctly, a new contract is coming in August of next year. Will it be worse or better than the current contract for drivers? Thank you.

Im in my late 20's. I have my CDL-A, I loaded the feeders, then loaded and unloaded at the airport, also loaded the package trucks for a bit. After I got my CDL, I was a driver helper for one season. Right now I'm working at a mom and pop company delivery food products. Now, I want to be a feeder driver at ups, but it sucks that new drivers have to wait 4 years now to make top pay. Is there a faster way to make money at ups without having to wait 4 years? Will going straight to be an air package driver a better way?

What do you guys think about Sysco drivers, U.S Food, and Reinhart? I talked to a couple U.S Food drivers, they're making around 70k, they are Union. I talked to one Reinhart driver, and he's making close to 100k, he's non-Union.

The goal here is to make money the fastest way possible. I worked in the oil field and would've cleared 100k if I stayed for a full year. I do not think I have 4 years to wait for UPS's top pay rate. What do you guys think? Any advice/tips?

Please just STFU.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Should I wait til next year to apply at UPS as a driver? If I'm reading the article correctly, a new contract is coming in August of next year. Will it be worse or better than the current contract for drivers? Thank you.

Let's see....
apply now and get a good job that has a 4 year progression to top rate......or wait a full year and possibly get a job with maybe a 5 year progression.......

Venum

Let's see....
apply now and get a good job that has a 4 year progression to top rate......or wait a full year and possibly get a job with maybe a 5 year progression.......

Thank you. That's exactly what I was thinking- contracts seems to get worse and worse. I'm just trying to see if anyone knows any dirt on the next contract and hope for any optimism; especially since they are now pushing for Saturday deliveries. Thank you.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Thank you. That's exactly what I was thinking- contracts seems to get worse and worse. I'm just trying to see if anyone knows any dirt on the next contract and hope for any optimism; especially since they are now pushing for Saturday deliveries. Thank you.

How would you as a non employee know that our "contracts seem to get worse and worse"? Are you basing your opinion on what you have read on this forum or have you actually researched the issue before reaching this conclusion?