applying for an amazon position

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I never said it couldn't be done anywhere else but wherever Amazon chooses it's going to have to be a city that offers similar lifestyle and weather to to California to attract top talent.

Here I am on the internet, reading a post stating that a Seattle, WA company that began in a garage in 1994 and became the world's largest retailer 21 years later needs CA weather/lifestyle to attract the talent needed for its 2nd HQ.

I think they've got it figured it out and don't need our help.

MAKAVELI

Here I am on the internet, reading a post stating that a Seattle, WA company that began in a garage in 1994 and became the world's largest retailer 21 years later needs CA weather/lifestyle to attract the talent needed for its 2nd HQ.

I'm sure that's exactly why Apple is building its Apple Park in Cupertino because it can be done anywhere else.

It will be fine

You going to work for Amazon, Dano? Seem to be praising them quite a bit.

bacha29

You going to work for Amazon, Dano? Seem to be praising them quite a bit.
Naw, he was a restricted free agent which means that Bezos owes Fat Freddy a high draft pick like a Heineken or a Lowenbrau. In the end they'll settle for a room temperature, code date expired six pack of Milwaukee's Best.

Looks like Amazon is opening a new DC a couple blocks from the Memphis hub. They just applied for a tax PILOT and plan to hire 600 people. That might hurt staffing in the Memphis Fedex station, you'll be fighting for the same people.
FedEx pays their employees a decent income, with plenty of upward mobility, and great benefits.
I know Amazon workers and they don't make as much as I do as a package handler
A package handler working 10 hours OT regularly can make 40k a year at fedex..(ground)

floridays

FedEx pays their employees a decent income, with plenty of upward mobility, and great benefits.
I know Amazon workers and they don't make as much as I do as a package handler
A package handler working 10 hours OT regularly can make 40k a year at fedex..(ground)
Don't believe the public relations on upward mobility. 99

floridays

Eh; Opportunities abundant at Ground, turnober rate is so high, there is always opportunity to move up.
I hope there's a great turnober rate, currently that's the only way you will move up. I only said don't buy the public relations, you do know they have to pay a lot of money to spread that sh it?

I hope there's a great turnober rate, currently that's the only way you will move up. I only said don't buy the public relations, you do know they have to pay a lot of money to spread that :censored2:?
Yeah; But honestly I don't feel I was fed BS
Every single manager was at the same place I was, also a lot of handlers don't want to be managers. (Not sure why, managers don't have to lift anything, half the time they just stand and talk)

There is competition, but with the high turnover I don't think it is impossible to move up.

Otherwise I will be gone, and get a better job.

floridays

Yeah; But honestly I don't feel I was fed BS
Every single manager was at the same place I was, also a lot of handlers don't want to be managers. (Not sure why, managers don't have to lift anything, half the time they just stand and talk)

There is competition, but with the high turnover I don't think it is impossible to move up.

Otherwise I will be gone, and get a better job.
I'm not ground but i am fedex, believe nothing of upper movement, they want people to hump freight.

I can't believe i just said i am fedex. please forgive me brothers and sisters of the purple clan. I've shamed myself enough. i'm out 99

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I can't believe i just said i am fedex.
images.jpg

That site... no way I would put myself out on that.

Then, there were a few FedEx ground and HD drivers on YouTubes trying to vlog but got shut down... dunno why though when they were trying to show the positive side of the driving job

But I sorta agree with Bob's statement in ground stations. I personally saw a handful of package handlers moving up to qa clerks and management.

They're going to close the standalone HD stations and/ or build co-OP buildings and will need more line managers to sort out the combined ground and HD routes

View attachment 164700

Then, there were a few FedEx ground and HD drivers on YouTubes trying to vlog but got shut down... dunno why though when they were trying to show the positive side of the driving job

But I sorta agree with Bob's statement in ground stations. I personally saw a handful of package handlers moving up to qa clerks and management.

They're going to close the standalone HD stations and/ or build co-OP buildings and will need more line managers to sort out the combined ground and HD routes

There are stand alone HD stations?

I thought there were stations, but they had ground and HD together..

I don't think it is doable for all stations to be inside a hub, you can only have so many hubs, but you need more stations to have a wider road network.

Also Ground is expanding at a RAPID rate, they are building new hubs and stations at a solid rate, that means there will be a lot more opportunities to move up in the coming years. If you are willing to move around the country, and have a college degree Ground can be a career.
Know a few salary upper managers who were loading trucks, but a few years later they moved up, and then up, and now sit in a nice air conditioned office 85% of the time and get a nice salary.
Had college degrees though

floridays

View attachment 164700

I'll be honest, and think I was already, I'm not ground or hd. Q.a clerk, bs. Management, takes no brains, you'll go as far as your ability to dump on the people working under you. My opinion, my 2 cents. No charge you don't owe 2 cents. Knock yourself out though, it's your life.

floridays

I don't think it is doable for all stations to be inside a hub, you can only have so many hubs, but you need more stations to have a wider road network.

Also Ground is expanding at a RAPID rate, they are building new hubs and stations at a solid rate, that means there will be a lot more opportunities to move up in the coming years. If you are willing to move around the country, and have a college degree Ground can be a career.
Know a few salary upper managers who were loading trucks, but a few years later they moved up, and then up, and now sit in a nice air conditioned office 85% of the time and get a nice salary.
Had college degrees though
You guys may be different then. To be a manager at express all you have to be able to do is fog a mirror when you breathe, and follow directions. No mental calisthenics. I'm sure you'll do well.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I hope there's a great turnober rate, currently that's the only way you will move up. I only said don't buy the public relations, you do know they have to pay a lot of money to spread that sh it?

I found out Friday that we have to pay a lot of money just to get new hires to show up-----$150 weekly attendance bonus for new PT hires.

Current PTers are not happy about this.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag

yep, but they will either close down as soon as the newer combined buildings are up and running; there's 8 left in my region & the newer vehicles have the express colors with "Ground" under that, confusing customers even more...

Also Ground is expanding at a RAPID rate, they are building new hubs and stations at a solid rate, that means there will be a lot more opportunities to move up in the coming years.
yep, that's what I'm seeing in the next few years in my area. One shut down & transferred to a new building this year, close to two Amazon fulfillment centers