APWA is controlled by a Union-busting Lawyer

sawdusttv

Strange, I've been an observer for several elections and there were many onthers who also observed to make sure it was on the up and up. Every election is monitored ya liars.
You APWAers really amaze me with the lies and half truths. You must be taking lessons from TDU.

OH, that makes us feel better, you being involved just gives more credablity to what I said. Being that you are one of those hollier than thou die hard Teamsters.
That's as good as Hoffa counting his own votes!

sawdusttv

I to have observed several election ballot counts, and it is done by an election judge and other officials with no ties to the teamsters. I think its time for you apwa supporters to get your facts right and stop lieing about everything!!!!!!!!

The fact is that what I stated actually happened, and there are many drivers from my center who were witness to it.
As, far as the vote count being on the up and up, YOU'RE DREAMING!!! Everyone that has ever been involved with the teamsters know that there elections are fixed.

I got an idea!!!
Lets start a poll!!!
WHO THINKS THAT THE TEAMSTER ELECTIONS ARE FIXED?
I do!
that's one!

krash

Go big orange
OH, that makes us feel better, you being involved just gives more credablity to what I said. Being that you are one of those hollier than thou die hard Teamsters.
That's as good as Hoffa counting his own votes!
Whatever helps you live with your lies bub:lol:Yep, those nasty ol' observers who were there for the other slates were all in it together, We thought we could fool the masses but didn't plan on such an intelligent driver as yourself. Yep, it's all rigged and you outted us. What shall we do now? Oh, I know lets start are own union an appoint ourselves as supreme being and hire a union busting lawyer to help us. Yippee:thumbup1:

sawdusttv

Whatever helps you live with your lies bub:lol:Yep, those nasty ol' observers who were there for the other slates were all in it together, We thought we could fool the masses but didn't plan on such an intelligent driver as yourself. Yep, it's all rigged and you outted us. What shall we do now? Oh, I know lets start are own union an appoint ourselves as supreme being and hire a union busting lawyer to help us. Yippee:thumbup1:

Oh, there on the up and up alright, that's why they had our local elections and we dropped our ballots in a paste board box and then everyone goes home and the local officers lock up after us. I wonder how long they hung around after everyone else left. But then again those geniuses probable would have a hard time figuring out how to open a cardboard box.:confused:1

tieguy

Banned
The problem is our efforts would be better of taking back the IBT and putting a upser in their to fix things. Some one like ron carey but with better financial planning and a rock solid cast of charecters around them.

Interesting debate you guys have going here. Here I thought I was a fired up debater:thumbup1:

Disclaimer before I post, I'm not taking sides in this.
Question - Do you really think anyone can fix CS if they don't completely overhaul the plan? Could they fix it without privatizing the ups portion? Seems like that tanker is leaking some major oil right now.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Interesting debate you guys have going here. Here I thought I was a fired up debater:thumbup1:

Disclaimer before I post, I'm not taking sides in this.
Question - Do you really think anyone can fix CS if they don't completely overhaul the plan? Could they fix it without privatizing the ups portion? Seems like that tanker is leaking some major oil right now.

I've been accused of being pro-APWA by some and vilified by others as a blind Teamster. However, you ask very reasonable questions. As to fixing the Plan without an overhaul? NO! Not an expert on pensions but CS needs a top-down redesign. And no, they can't fix CS without privatizing the UPS portion. CS is so badly managed that if UPS withdrew from it...I can't see any funds being left in it 5 years later. -Rocky

krash

Go big orange
The IBT doesn't seem to be doing anything about it. They are more concerned with keeping their banks accounts, and Yellow Freight's (in that order), bank accounts full.
Do you actually believe the stuff you post:confused:1 You should have beeen a writer for the x-files:thumbup1:
Anyhow, I don't see the need to switch Unions, since we have had a lotta good, except for the upset in our pension. But is it unreasonable to ask for an age requirement to have a more stable pension? And please spare me what we might "hope" to get if we switch to APWA. They cannot and will not promise you a darn thing. It's easy to criticize the driver when your along for the ride.
I'd be more willing to listen to thoughts that didn't involve "decertification" especially when this "non-union" should try and prove themselves on a smaller scale before asking us all to drink the "kool-aid". They should have started with there home base, then branched out..
It's hard to get the masses to follow when you say, "Hey, I've like never done this before, but I read a book and got this high falootin union busting lawyer that said , like hey, trust me, I like unions deep down inside, they be good to me, so I came up with a really cool name and all, then made me and my main bud the big kahoona's, so lets go everybody"

Overpaid Union Thug

Do you actually believe the stuff you post:confused:1 You should have beeen a writer for the x-files:thumbup1:
Anyhow, I don't see the need to switch Unions, since we have had a lotta good, except for the upset in our pension. But is it unreasonable to ask for an age requirement to have a more stable pension? And please spare me what we might "hope" to get if we switch to APWA. They cannot and will not promise you a darn thing. It's easy to criticize the driver when your along for the ride.
I'd be more willing to listen to thoughts that didn't involve "decertification" especially when this "non-union" should try and prove themselves on a smaller scale before asking us all to drink the "kool-aid". They should have started with there home base, then branched out..
It's hard to get the masses to follow when you say, "Hey, I've like never done this before, but I read a book and got this high falootin union busting lawyer that said , like hey, trust me, I like unions deep down inside, they be good to me, so I came up with a really cool name and all, then made me and my main bud the big kahoona's, so lets go everybody"

Um...yes. It is unreasonable to require an age requirement if it is 62 and other companys in the plan are still able to retire way before that. So we are required to work until 62 for full pension in order to make the fund more stable? Stable for who? The other guys in the plan that put in less money?

1eyejack

Re: its all about the teamster brotherhood

They claim to say that we are a team of brothers> Then why is it they have better healthcare then we do or yea they have a better pension , oh yea they have the right to work any job and make as much money as they want hmmmm... the question i ask u thats the brothehood you stand for they are the ones that divide us but ... Oh yea ur president Jimmy last month wrote to congress and ask that All employers should give there employees the right to choose and group of union they want..Now its a different story we want another union as the APWA but now we are dividing the teamster get friend...king real u hard liners who our die hard teamster i hope u have the balls to come forward when the apwa takes over so we can put ur 40 cents on the dollar back into that wonderful teamster plan thats failing everyday.. Do u really think that ups is going to put more money in the retirement plan what u think its going to go towards the UPS employees they know that we r not going to get a dime of any more money that the teamsters think that we are going to get .. But all those dead beat companies that went under they will get that what is it we support another 100,000 dead weight people friend..k the teamsters ... we will be better off like the pilots are by our selves ..... we support are own people not the world of the teamsters family .. We are going to be the new APWA .. A people choice for the people by the people ONLY .....

Cole

You must be taking lessons from TDU.

TDU is opposed to the APWA. You can know TDU all you want, but although I support the APWA, and haven't been a member of TDU for a few years now, they are the best in Teamsters at getting info out there imho. Alot of the rights we have have been because TDU got people mobilized. When I started trying to learn how to be a steward etc...my local wouldn't teach us squat, and TDU reached out and got invaluable info to me, and others, as well as sound contacts that were far more helpful than those in our local.

I appreciate their efforts, but I just think the corruption is too far entrenched in the Teamsters to make the kinds of reforms necessary.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Re: its all about the teamster brotherhood

They claim to say that we are a team of brothers> Then why is it they have better healthcare then we do or yea they have a better pension , oh yea they have the right to work any job and make as much money as they want hmmmm... the question i ask u thats the brothehood you stand for they are the ones that divide us but ... Oh yea ur president Jimmy last month wrote to congress and ask that All employers should give there employees the right to choose and group of union they want..Now its a different story we want another union as the APWA but now we are dividing the teamster get friend...king real u hard liners who our die hard teamster i hope u have the balls to come forward when the apwa takes over so we can put ur 40 cents on the dollar back into that wonderful teamster plan thats failing everyday.. Do u really think that ups is going to put more money in the retirement plan what u think its going to go towards the UPS employees they know that we r not going to get a dime of any more money that the teamsters think that we are going to get .. But all those dead beat companies that went under they will get that what is it we support another 100,000 dead weight people friend..k the teamsters ... we will be better off like the pilots are by our selves ..... we support are own people not the world of the teamsters family .. We are going to be the new APWA .. A people choice for the people by the people ONLY .....
Who are you talking about? Who makes more hourly than ups? whos pension is better? And just for your info ups has the best medical insurance within the teamsters. All i ask for is prove your allegations, got a feeling we wound see them.

krash

Go big orange
Um...yes. It is unreasonable to require an age requirement if it is 62 and other companys in the plan are still able to retire way before that. So we are required to work until 62 for full pension in order to make the fund more stable? Stable for who? The other guys in the plan that put in less money?
I said an age requirement, I didn't specify 62. And I thought you were the smart one.:wink:

Overpaid Union Thug

I said an age requirement, I didn't specify 62. And I thought you were the smart one.:wink:

You asked, "But is it unreasonable to ask for an age requirement to have a more stable pension?". The requirement is 62 for full pension with no penalty.

I don't claim to be the smart one. I just pay attention.

krash

Go big orange
You asked, "But is it unreasonable to ask for an age requirement to have a more stable pension?". The requirement is 62 for full pension with no penalty.

I don't claim to be the smart one. I just pay attention.
:thumbup1:I personally feel (since you didn't ask), that 58 is a reasonable age. I would also like to see the cost of Medical for retiree's go down, back to 50 bucks. Unfortunately, rising medical cost is making that rather difficult. The cost of medical treatment is out pacing what insurance companies can sustain. Some say it's due in part to lawsuits from malpractice so there(the Doc's) insurance is going up which means the cost gets past on to the consumers.
Anyhow, back on subject, I would rather have "changes" made, however unpopular, rather than go as is and bankrupt the retirement plan.

wildgoose

WILDGOOSE
Hey Bub Hoffa job before this gig was what ? Thats right a union busting attorney ! Just goes to show what you know !!!!!!!!!

Cole

705 I think 1eyed Jack was talking about officers in the Teamsters.

Krash, 58! You must be a feeder driver? If everyone could go into feeders that would be plausible, but we can't and the masses imho wont likely be able to make it to age 58, physically.