APWA is controlled by a Union-busting Lawyer

705red

Browncafe Steward
We have all heard the story of the frieght guys carrying the funds years ago, maybe back in the 60's and part of the 70's but from then forward it has been the UPSer that has carried the pension funds.
I see where you are going with this one, but it doesn't hold water.
Any of these guys that carried the funds back then, well lets look at it.
They were in there late 60's when they retired, some were probable in their 70's, so, that was 30 or 40 years ago, so these guys would have to be well over 100 years old to still be participating in the retirement funds.
So, why do we keep hearing this same arguement over and over. The frieght guys that carried the funds way back when are dead and gone. The only people that have carried the funds in our life time are UPSERS.
Beacuse up until 1996 freight carried the pensions, and in=m sorry but i had 3 years in at that time. Its nice of you to come to satelites defense, but i thought he was the big bad :censored2: that told all his coworkers he was scabbing to their faces, yet he runs from the computer like a little nancy!

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Its nice of you to come to satelites defense, but i thought he was the big bad :censored2: that told all his coworkers he was scabbing to their faces, yet he runs from the computer like a little nancy!

I'm not going to come to Satellite's defense. I've posted and argued with him repeatedly in the past. I've discovered he has a fondness for sarcasm and maybe a little dry sense of humor. I suggest you look at some of his posts as attempts at humor. Maybe you won't want to tear him apart if you do. If he scabbed, that's his business. Given the choice between working and remaining a Teamster, I'd ask for a pen and paper and QUIT the Teamsters on the spot. I have bills and obligations to make. If I don't like what the Teamsters are doing, you're d*mn right I'll quit!!! Satellite, I'm behind you on quitting the Teamsters but I'm not 100% certain I'd have joined APWA. Its your business, sir. I'm expressing an opinion. -Rocky

705red

Browncafe Steward
I'm not going to come to Satellite's defense. I've posted and argued with him repeatedly in the past. I've discovered he has a fondness for sarcasm and maybe a little dry sense of humor. I suggest you look at some of his posts as attempts at humor. Maybe you won't want to tear him apart if you do. If he scabbed, that's his business. Given the choice between working and remaining a Teamster, I'd ask for a pen and paper and QUIT the Teamsters on the spot. I have bills and obligations to make. If I don't like what the Teamsters are doing, you're d*mn right I'll quit!!! Satellite, I'm behind you on quitting the Teamsters but I'm not 100% certain I'd have joined APWA. Its your business, sir. I'm expressing an opinion. -Rocky
Rocky so you think its okay to scab and withdraw from the teamsters, while reaping the rewards of the hard working men and women struck for. I dont believe in quiting on anything, and look forward to stand against challenges for that is what will make me a stronger person! Not turning my back and snivelling like a little girl! If you dont like what the teamsters are doing, do something about it, stand and fight instead of running away!

sawdusttv

Rocky so you think its okay to scab and withdraw from the teamsters, while reaping the rewards of the hard working men and women struck for. I dont believe in quiting on anything, and look forward to stand against challenges for that is what will make me a stronger person! Not turning my back and snivelling like a little girl! If you dont like what the teamsters are doing, do something about it, stand and fight instead of running away!

You make a good point there 705.
Stand and fight for what you believe in, which is what the APWA people are doing.
As apposed to standing status quo with the teamster, or for a lack of better words, cutting off your nose to spite your face.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change

Scab? 705, being able to provide for myself--home and food--are #1 on my list. If that means going against the grain...you're d*mn right I'm gonna do it! Reaping the rewards? I have the luxury of being a young fellow. I can move on at will from a job. Sadly, older workers don't have that flexibility. I don't quit something without a reason and a plan. The Teamsters would give me that reason if they decided to strike. I respect the decision to strike but I am an individual!!! I decide if I'm going to honor that strike. I'm not a sniveling little girl and find your insinuation insulting, let alone a cheapshot. I'm not going to fight the Teamsters as an organization, as that would be what I'd have to do to effect change. The Teamsters are set in their ways and I can't change their minds. Make sense? Your turn, sir. -Rocky

705red

Browncafe Steward
You make a good point there 705.
Stand and fight for what you believe in, which is what the APWA people are doing.
As apposed to standing status quo with the teamster, or for a lack of better words, cutting off your nose to spite your face.
The problem is our efforts would be better of taking back the IBT and putting a upser in their to fix things. Some one like ron carey but with better financial planning and a rock solid cast of charecters around them. That was rons fault, he was to trust worthy and we as teamsters are paying for it today. I see the support that the apwa is getting on here abd i dont like the majority of their supporters, We trusted them once and they shafted us, im not letting them back in!

705red

Browncafe Steward
Scab? 705, being able to provide for myself--home and food--are #1 on my list. If that means going against the grain...you're d*mn right I'm gonna do it! Reaping the rewards? I have the luxury of being a young fellow. I can move on at will from a job. Sadly, older workers don't have that flexibility. I don't quit something without a reason and a plan. The Teamsters would give me that reason if they decided to strike. I respect the decision to strike but I am an individual!!! I decide if I'm going to honor that strike. I'm not a sniveling little girl and find your insinuation insulting, let alone a cheapshot. I'm not going to fight the Teamsters as an organization, as that would be what I'd have to do to effect change. The Teamsters are set in their ways and I can't change their minds. Make sense? Your turn, sir. -Rocky
I was asking your opinion if it was right for that is what satelite did. We didnt suffer in 97 walking that picket line, fyi i got married 9-13-97 and was buying my 1st house, while out of work for 19 days with no income, but i stood my ground and im better off now for it. Not to mention hearing my soon to be wife asking me how we were going to afford the wedding and how were we going to close on the new house without me getting paid. I stood against my teamster local in 02 with a handful of fedup members and helped to elect a slate of members who now serve the best interest of myself and fellow members. I wasnt refering to you as a sniveling little girl that was for satelite, but as to you stating that you would scab a picket line and or withdraw from the teamsters, for thgat i will call you a little school girl!

mittam

I was asking your opinion if it was right for that is what satelite did. We didnt suffer in 97 walking that picket line, fyi i got married 9-13-97 and was buying my 1st house, while out of work for 19 days with no income, but i stood my ground and im better off now for it. Not to mention hearing my soon to be wife asking me how we were going to afford the wedding and how were we going to close on the new house without me getting paid. I stood against my teamster local in 02 with a handful of fedup members and helped to elect a slate of members who now serve the best interest of myself and fellow members. I wasnt refering to you as a sniveling little girl that was for satelite, but as to you stating that you would scab a picket line and or withdraw from the teamsters, for thgat i will call you a little school girl!

little school girl that's your best? You people know you cannot argue the facts truthfully or with any respect. You are not factual in anything you present, yet to go against the ibt ways you have to try and label and degrade anyone who doesn't believe your ways. Go ahead with the slander and name calling because in the end that is all you ibt thugs have

705red

Browncafe Steward
little school girl that's your best? You people know you cannot argue the facts truthfully or with any respect. You are not factual in anything you present, yet to go against the ibt ways you have to try and label and degrade anyone who doesn't believe your ways. Go ahead with the slander and name calling because in the end that is all you ibt thugs have
You dont want my best, that was the nicest thing ill ever say about a scab!!! Argue what facts, what have i dodged am i missing something? Im no thug but i am a proud teamster, maybe you could answer the question in satelites defense to. Probably not your best interest is to confuse and attempt to deceive,right?

RockyRogue

Agent of Change

Ahhhhh, 705....you're actually somewhat funny. I have a good deal of respect for unions but I am an individual! If I decide I don't like a union order, I'll sure as h*ll ignore that order. I don't work for the IBT. I am employed by and paid by an entity calling itself United Parcel Service. If my employer gives me a report order, I'll friend*&%ing follow it!! I have no problem with Satellite's description of events. He was calm and reasonable in his approach to the picket line. I can't say I'd do anything different in his position. By the way, 705, if the Teamsters struck UPS and I was living at home I have reason to believe my father would have come to my room and said: "You can cross that picket line or you can pack your bags and leave my home!" I'm going to apply that same standard to my decision to cross a picket line now as I have rent to make! Landlords aren't known for being patient for their $$!

I was hired the year immediately following that election. The leadership was doing some good things. I wish some of it had been at the International level, though. Might see differences nationwide! Have I defended myself sufficiently? I await round 3. -Rocky

705red

Browncafe Steward
Ahhhhh, 705....you're actually somewhat funny. I have a good deal of respect for unions but I am an individual! If I decide I don't like a union order, I'll sure as h*ll ignore that order. I don't work for the IBT. I am employed by and paid by an entity calling itself United Parcel Service. If my employer gives me a report order, I'll friend*&%ing follow it!! I have no problem with Satellite's description of events. He was calm and reasonable in his approach to the picket line. I can't say I'd do anything different in his position. By the way, 705, if the Teamsters struck UPS and I was living at home I have reason to believe my father would have come to my room and said: "You can cross that picket line or you can pack your bags and leave my home!" I'm going to apply that same standard to my decision to cross a picket line now as I have rent to make! Landlords aren't known for being patient for their $$!

I was hired the year immediately following that election. The leadership was doing some good things. I wish some of it had been at the International level, though. Might see differences nationwide! Have I defended myself sufficiently? I await round 3. -Rocky
Im sure if your father is a hard working american he never would have given you that order. You would be surprised by how understanding the landlords, etc.., were in 97. You gain nothing and only lose long life friends by making a decision to scab ive seen it.

Our local goes above and beyond for us, they send stewards away to school for labor classes, so we can better our skills to protect your rights. I hope 1 day maybe our agents might run the ibt and you all can see how good we have it here.

Cole

705 my friend I agree with you on many subjects, and I appreciate your fire, but regarding the APWA, if your pension was cut to pretty well nothing, and had to try to work to age 62, your feelings may be different. Alot of things people can handle but when you screw up the pension fund, you tick a great majority off, and forming a new union, is not running scared, it's saying enough is enough. This is not the first fiasco Central States has had, the money has been pilaged before, and the Teamsters need to know complacency, arrogance, mismanagement, corruption, doesn't have to be tolerated, and that they are not above reproach, and are not the only dog on the block that can fight.

I hate that it is coming to this, I really do, but they are leaving us no choice. As far as the APWA, it is imperative that we make sure we have solid Union people representing us if they become our cba, because as over 9-5 said, I wouldn't want anyone that has not been active fighting to try to come in and start a cup cake society either.

Over 9-5 I have an old tee shirt a upser down in Florida printed years ago that says, "The Few The Proud, The Over Allowed. With the brown truck on it.

705red

Browncafe Steward
705 my friend I agree with you on many subjects, and I appreciate your fire, but regarding the APWA, if your pension was cut to pretty well nothing, and had to try to work to age 62, your feelings may be different. Alot of things people can handle but when you screw up the pension fund, you tick a great majority off, and forming a new union, is not running scared, it's saying enough is enough. This is not the first fiasco Central States has had, the money has been pilaged before, and the Teamsters need to know complacency, arrogance, mismanagement, corruption, doesn't have to be tolerated, and that they are not above reproach, and are not the only dog on the block that can fight.

I hate that it is coming to this, I really do, but they are leaving us no choice. As far as the APWA, it is imperative that we make sure we have solid Union people representing us if they become our cba, because as over 9-5 said, I wouldn't want anyone that has not been active fighting to try to come in and start a cup cake society either.

Over 9-5 I have an old tee shirt a upser down in Florida printed years ago that says, "The Few The Proud, The Over Allowed. With the brown truck on it.
Cole whats going to happen with the pension if this does happen. Do you think we can just take out all of the ups contributed pension payments fron the pension,ifso how far back. Or will it be a split pension from what the teamsters have already then another pension for what the apwa receives, if so what about those not fully vested in the ftime pension plan now, will they lose that? Theres just to many qusetions and no1 seems to be explaining, sounds like this was thought out and well planned,not!

krash

Go big orange
LOL! If eveyone was appointed then that would be a HUGE worry, but officers will be democratically elected by Mr & Mrs. or Ms. Brown, so if you vote in a safety committee weanie, that's your fault.

If we the upsers held the company's feet to the contract regarding saftey committee's it would be more union oriented. They didn't like when I went to meetings because I am not good at going along to get along, as alot of people and ba's are. I would hammer points they don't like to discuss, which is largely any issue where they would have to spend money.
Kinda like the leadership at APWA was elected..........oh wait, it's who give the most money:thumbup1:

Oooooo, you such a tough guy in the safety meeting. Plus bashing your brother BA. I want you as our APWA president since you show so much loyalty to your brother's and sister's:lol:

sawdusttv

Im sure if your father is a hard working american he never would have given you that order. You would be surprised by how understanding the landlords, etc.., were in 97. You gain nothing and only lose long life friends by making a decision to scab ive seen it.

Our local goes above and beyond for us, they send stewards away to school for labor classes, so we can better our skills to protect your rights. I hope 1 day maybe our agents might run the ibt and you all can see how good we have it here.

You know, I walked that line in 97 and as a matter of fact was one of the more out spoken members on the line. We had a hand full of people cross our line and it brought on much anger and hatered towards those people, for many years since. But, slowly as time has past, and the teamsters have proven time and time again that what we did out there was make fools of ourselves, and were used as puppets by the IBT to accomplish their personal agenda. I have slowly started thinking that maybe those few people were the only smart ones, because they didn't allow the teamsters union to blindly us them as the rest of us did.
Now it has come full circle, and there is no doubt that the teamsters are out to better the teamsters, even if it is at the UPS employees expense. They are now doing us more harm than good, and it is time to seporate ourselves from the teamsters. No more putting bandaids on the problems. That has gone on long enough. Vote the ibt leaders out you say? That will solve the problem? It was tried, last election. With them counting the votes, they will be there until they want to leave.
SO, your arguements to say and fight want work. Been there---- done that!!!
TIME FOR A NEW AND FRESH START!!!!

over9five

Staff member
"It was tried, last election."

Yes, it was. And most of the members still voted for Mr. Hoffa.

Same thing will happen with the Apwa. Most members will vote Teamster.

sawdusttv

"It was tried, last election."

Yes, it was. And most of the members still voted for Mr. Hoffa.

Same thing will happen with the Apwa. Most members will vote Teamster.

Over9,

We really need to send you for deprogramming!
The last election had the smallest number of voters in history. Most figured, what is the use, they count there own votes anyway.

But NEW FLASH!!! OVER9,
They want be counting the votes this time, the NLRB will be handling that, and it's not looking good for the teamsters.

30andout

Over9,

We really need to send you for deprogramming!
The last election had the smallest number of voters in history. Most figured, what is the use, they count there own votes anyway.

But NEW FLASH!!! OVER9,
They want be counting the votes this time, the NLRB will be handling that, and it's not looking good for the teamsters.
To add, that was all the teamsters voting not just UPS teamsters.

over9five

Staff member
"To add, that was all the teamsters voting not just UPS teamsters."

Well, that's true. I wonder if someone can tell how UPSers voted.

Oh, I forgot, Hoffa stole the election....

sawdusttv

"To add, that was all the teamsters voting not just UPS teamsters."

Well, that's true. I wonder if someone can tell how UPSers voted.

Oh, I forgot, Hoffa stole the election....

NOW YOUR GETTING IT!!!!!!!

Of course, most definitely Hoffa stoled the election, the IBT counted the votes, did they not.
Also, I have not seen any figures on the actual UPS votes, but I can tell you this much, I have yet to ask anyone at UPS that will admit to voting for Hoffa.