APWA is controlled by a Union-busting Lawyer

Cole

I am glad in 705 you have a good rep, but the way I see it, if one of is done wrong all of are. We should be in this together, but we should be open to hear each others sides, i.,e, those in favor of the parcel workers union and those in favor of the Teamsters. Every opinion matters, and as I have learned the hard way it is best to listen to others, and lay your facts out the best you can.

705 did you guys ever have a ba with the initials D.C.?

705red

Browncafe Steward
I am glad in 705 you have a good rep, but the way I see it, if one of is done wrong all of are. We should be in this together, but we should be open to hear each others sides, i.,e, those in favor of the parcel workers union and those in favor of the Teamsters. Every opinion matters, and as I have learned the hard way it is best to listen to others, and lay your facts out the best you can.

705 did you guys ever have a ba with the initials D.C.?
Cole are you in milwaukee? Ifso sorry about sending that dirtbag up to you D.C. about 3 3and a half years ago. Hes a tdu puke, smart man but no balls at all!

705red

Browncafe Steward
Bonus babies who are only worried about themselves and not the big picture?????????

All we have heard you rattling on about is how good you have it in local 705!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW!!!!! Who's not getting the big picture??????
You know why we have it so good? NO SCABS! We stick together and fight for whats right we wont go down without a fight!!!!! We have struck ups here on 3 different times and won, Why? Unity. Now whos not getting the big picture?

pretender

I will have to return to what Satellitedriver stated about the 6 percent penalty reduction for every year till age 62 for an early retirement benefit currently in effect under the central states fund. Alot of members were under the assumption that it only applied to the years after 2003. For example if you want to retire at age 55 which is basically a standard your TOTAL retirement package will be reduced 42 percent, almost in half. It puts most of us in a situation of working over 40 years to collect a doable pension benefit, the problem is the wear and tear on the body doing this kind of work for that period of time let alone the normal aging factor. What percentage of UPS workers will be forced into early retirement or lose any benefit due them through permanent disability? Just observe how some of these long term employees come limping into work, especially the package car drivers, most will not make it till 55 without major harm to their bodies. What is the use of a fair retirement package if you can not walk around the block without pain. Question is are these newly created combo full time positions just paying into a retirement plan that they will not be able to benefit from?

As I said before, the 6% penalty reduction for every year before age 62, only applies to your post -2003 benefit.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I try and stay out of fights, but I’ll just say this. As far as the “union busting lawyer” stuff goes, if I need a lawyer, I’ll look for a good experienced one. Example, when I was a police officer I found the best defense lawyers to be former prosecutors. Most of the top criminal defense law firms hire retired police officers to conduct investigations. I know one attorney specializing in personal injury cases, he began his law career working for a major insurance company.

Lawyers work for their clients, if I’m the client I want a good lawyer. One that has been on both sides of the fence wouldn’t be a bad thing.
Your right but do we know who the client really is ups and the apwa or just the apwa. And if it is the apwa only how are they affording the firm at $150 a pop from their supporters? Do you think ups is paying the firm in untraceable gas cards?

30andout

Your right but do we know who the client really is ups and the apwa or just the apwa. And if it is the apwa only how are they affording the firm at $150 a pop from their supporters? Do you think ups is paying the firm in untraceable gas cards?
Ya thats it , you got us.

sawdusttv

Again, tell us how continuing to talk about your ONE local is getting the big picture, because for every one of the local 705 members that have it so good, there are 10's of thousands of your brothers and sisters across this country that the teamsters are screwing as we speak. The only unity that the teamsters recognize is the unity with our money. Take my word for it, without your money your great teamsters want have any use for you either.

Now, lets tackle this accusation that you keep throwing around about UPS and the APWA being together. If UPS was backing the APWA in any way, the teamsters would be history by now. The funds to pay the APWA's expenses are coming from the members that believe in the APWA and what it is doing. I can make this statement, because I know without a shadow of a doubt that it is true and factual. How do I know this, you might ask? Because I have donated quite a bit of my money to the cause, and will continue to do so as long as it is needed,and I know a lot more people that are doing the same. SO, if UPS is backing the APWA< I sure wish that they would hurry up and send the check so the rest of us could save a little.
Now, 705,
You made the accusation about UPS backing the APWA. SO I'll take one out of your book.

SHOW US YOUR PROOF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cole

Honestly the accusation about the apwa being backed by UPS, is the best line the Teamsters can come up with, but that's not enough to keep the "Golden Goose" from flying, especially with all the collusion from the Teamsters.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Again, tell us how continuing to talk about your ONE local is getting the big picture, because for every one of the local 705 members that have it so good, there are 10's of thousands of your brothers and sisters across this country that the teamsters are screwing as we speak. The only unity that the teamsters recognize is the unity with our money. Take my word for it, without your money your great teamsters want have any use for you either.

Now, lets tackle this accusation that you keep throwing around about UPS and the APWA being together. If UPS was backing the APWA in any way, the teamsters would be history by now. The funds to pay the APWA's expenses are coming from the members that believe in the APWA and what it is doing. I can make this statement, because I know without a shadow of a doubt that it is true and factual. How do I know this, you might ask? Because I have donated quite a bit of my money to the cause, and will continue to do so as long as it is needed,and I know a lot more people that are doing the same. SO, if UPS is backing the APWA< I sure wish that they would hurry up and send the check so the rest of us could save a little.
Now, 705,
You made the accusation about UPS backing the APWA. SO I'll take one out of your book.

SHOW US YOUR PROOF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Where will your management i mean union agent office be? You couldnt stand and fight in 97 with me and now you want to stab me in the back 10 years later again. Look how many of you have been catered to by management like little princesses hoping your dream of being a little bad business agent for some crocked up union. Its a little late to grow a set, maybe in your next waste of a life!

Cole

The APWA is not soley supported by current non union UPS workers. I can tell you of roughly 200 that signed up from my building, that were on the picket lines in 97, and file grievances as needed.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Again, tell us how continuing to talk about your ONE local is getting the big picture, because for every one of the local 705 members that have it so good, there are 10's of thousands of your brothers and sisters across this country that the teamsters are screwing as we speak.

Sawdust,

I'm not going to jump in this fight between you and 705 except to say this: 705's contract with UPS was strange. The union's relationship with management was even stranger if you can believe it. Kinda hard to describe in writing. Its one of those things you'd have to be there to see, I think. -Rocky

A

Anonymous Teamster

I've reviewed all of the available information about APWA posted on this site and have decided to stick with the teamsters. Its difficult to make a decision about this. Its difficult to find any source of information that isn't completely biased to one side or the other. Both sides only scream about how bad the other side is and dont talk about there side. The teamsters have had some problems. I'd rather stick with the devil I know then to go with an unproven new union.

W

wtf?

I was reading the other UPS boards and found a post by submarine on teamsters net that asks teamsters to attack this board after making a few nice posts to avoid the moderators. Submarine said he was banned becuase he is pro teamster. He forgot to mention that he did some crazy **** here and attacked this board before he got kicked out.

Hello my Teamster Brothers,

I was banned from Brown Cafe after posting the truth about the Union busting lawyer behind the APWA and then defending myself after enduring many personal attacks including those from a moderator. This site clearly has an anti-Teamster bias and our voices must be heard.

This is the thread:
http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/apwa-is-controlled-by-a-union-busting-lawyer.71083/

They will be moderating posts of new members so be sure to post a few "nice" ones until it stops saying your post must be reviewed by a moderator, then let them know how you feel.

Thank you in advance for your support.

sawdusttv

I was reading the other UPS boards and found a post by submarine on teamsters net that asks teamsters to attack this board after making a few nice posts to avoid the moderators. Submarine said he was banned becuase he is pro teamster. He forgot to mention that he did some crazy **** here and attacked this board before he got kicked out.

Hello my Teamster Brothers,

I was banned from Brown Cafe after posting the truth about the Union busting lawyer behind the APWA and then defending myself after enduring many personal attacks including those from a moderator. This site clearly has an anti-Teamster bias and our voices must be heard.

This is the thread:
http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/apwa-is-controlled-by-a-union-busting-lawyer.71083/

They will be moderating posts of new members so be sure to post a few "nice" ones until it stops saying your post must be reviewed by a moderator, then let them know how you feel.

Thank you in advance for your support.

A true act of desperation!!!!!!!!!!

brazenbrown

You know why we have it so good? NO SCABS! We stick together and fight for whats right we wont go down without a fight!!!!! We have struck ups here on 3 different times and won, Why? Unity. Now whos not getting the big picture?

NOBODY "WINS" WHEN THERE'S A STRIKE!!! :w00t:

Customers lose :sad: In 1997 they had no service and diverted their volume.

The employees lose :crying: In 1997 they lost two weeks pay and had their reputations damaged! Many were layed off or let go as a result.

The Union loses :ohmy: In 1997 the union had to pay $10 million in strike funds and ran out of money.

The Company loses :mad:In 1997 the company lost over $650 million and much worse than that damaged their reputation and even today many customers will never forget that strike.

So, When you say we won... you and everyone else really lost!! Or am I missing something??:wink:

brett636

NOBODY "WINS" WHEN THERE'S A STRIKE!!! :w00t:

Customers lose :sad: In 1997 they had no service and diverted their volume.

The employees lose :crying: In 1997 they lost two weeks pay and had their reputations damaged! Many were layed off or let go as a result.

The Union loses :ohmy: In 1997 the union had to pay $10 million in strike funds and ran out of money.

The Company loses :mad:In 1997 the company lost over $650 million and much worse than that damaged their reputation and even today many customers will never forget that strike.

So, When you say we won... you and everyone else really lost!! Or am I missing something??:wink:

I couldn't agree more. Nobody won anything with that strike from what I have read. Today if a strike were to be called our competitors like fedex ground and DHL will be ready to take our volume away permantly. If I am asked to authorize a strike it will be a stark NO, and I will encourge others that I work with to do the same.

30andout

I couldn't agree more. Nobody won anything with that strike from what I have read. Today if a strike were to be called our competitors like fedex ground and DHL will be ready to take our volume away permantly. If I am asked to authorize a strike it will be a stark NO, and I will encourge others that I work with to do the same.
HOLY CRAP I agree with brett on something.