APWA / NLRB, Gafney SC

sawdusttv

As of 8:00am this morning the APWA filed NLRB petition to represent Gafney SC, one of UPS frieghts biggest hubs. Harrisburg PA, UPS Frieghts biggest Hub to follow shortly.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
As of 8:00am this morning the APWA filed NLRB petition to represent Gafney SC, one of UPS frieghts biggest hubs. Harrisburg PA, UPS Frieghts biggest Hub to follow shortly.

Saw, no offense intended but isn't APWA biting off a little more than it can chew? I mean, pursuing votes at three facilities is a lot for an organization such as APWA, isn't it? I'm kind of curious about these tactics. -Rocky

tieguy

Banned
It does make things interesting. Everyone keeps saying these carolina feeder drivers don't know what they are doing. Yet it appears and I stress appears at this point that they have some kind of game plan they are following and possibly having success with.

BCFan

those scabs were at a hub in the metro atlanta area today and were recieved like a bad case of the clap !!!!! what a bunch of losers :thumbup1: BC (not buxom cheerleaders)

rebel

Saw, no offense intended but isn't APWA biting off a little more than it can chew? I mean, pursuing votes at three facilities is a lot for an organization such as APWA, isn't it? I'm kind of curious about these tactics. -Rocky

Why would someone who cares nothing about being a union worker for UPS the rest of his life even care about this topic? No offense intended.-Rebel

sawdusttv

Rock,
I didn't mean to mislead you, they have KC and Gaffney scheduled for votes. I was speculating on the harrisburg Pa location being next because card signing is going on there, but no vote has been scheduled as of yet. But if KC and Gaffney are organized, I would guess that Harrisburg which is UPS frieghts largest hub would follow suit. Just my opinion though.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Why would someone who cares nothing about being a union worker for UPS the rest of his life even care about this topic? No offense intended.-Rebel

Because I'm a very curious fellow. I like being informed of events going on around me, particularly involving my employer. Not staying abreast of events involving my employer may lead to an unpleasent surprise in the future. I've been very fortunate to have never been downsized or laid off. My curiousity and informed nature will probably keep that from happening anytime soon. As to being a union worker for the rest of my life....the grass is almost always greener on the other side, Rebel. And I'm not talking about UPS management, by the way. I have the guts, curiousity and drive to see if the grass is indeed greener. Do you? No offense intended. -Rocky

Delivered

If you didn't take the APWA seriously before, you should now. To organize and get the votes needed to have a NLRB vote is huge. I think if the win at either hub the APWA will spread like wild fire and we will be having a vote on the parcel side before peak. jmho

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
If you didn't take the APWA seriously before, you should now. To organize and get the votes needed to have a NLRB vote is huge. I think if the win at either hub the APWA will spread like wild fire and we will be having a vote on the parcel side before peak. jmho

Yeah, well...if APWA fails at either or BOTH hubs, there'll be a lot of people laughing at it and its leaders. I think they'd have good reason to laugh, by the way.

Maybe you should change your name to George?

I'll assume this is directed at me. LMAO :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:. Let's just leave it at that. -Rocky

705red

Browncafe Steward
You would be right if they were not begging for donations for the kansas city barn, now how can they afford to do this at the same time being broke?

sawdusttv

You would be right if they were not begging for donations for the kansas city barn, now how can they afford to do this at the same time being broke?

You're assuming that there broke. Organizations ask for money all the time, it doesn't mean there broke. It could be that they are planning ahead.

Fullhouse

Found out today that the Pres of Local 509 LD Fletcher was to busy to personally go and talk with the drivers and dock workers. So what does he do? He sends two retired freight drivers to talk with them instead of handling it himself.Their job was to convince the employees that the Teamsters were the way to go. Apparently these guys were insulted about the lack of concern/ ntrest that that local 509 had shown. I'm not surprised at Mr LD's action or should I say lack of action. He has become complacent with his position and the way he handles matters of importance.If this barn goes APWA then LD Fletcher is the one to blame!:crying:

tieguy

Banned
Found out today that the Pres of Local 509 LD Fletcher was to busy to personally go and talk with the drivers and dock workers. So what does he do? He sends two retired freight drivers to talk with them instead of handling it himself.Their job was to convince the employees that the Teamsters were the way to go. Apparently these guys were insulted about the lack of concern/ ntrest that that local 509 had shown. I'm not surprised at Mr LD's action or should I say lack of action. He has become complacent with his position and the way he handles matters of importance.If this barn goes APWA then LD Fletcher is the one to blame!:crying:

could be that he does not want to overstate the importance of APWA being there by showing up himself therefore he send a couple of minor players. jmho

nospinzone

Sounds about right. IBT would rather save face than swallow their pride and do what is best for their customers. Or he knew he would be wasting his time and his words would fall on deaf ears and didn't want to get embarrased in front of everyone there.