APWA Update: Indianapolis, Ind. Center

nospinzone

Just received word on some events taking place at the UPS Freight Indianapolis Center. In the past few weeks, 80% of the workers at this site signed cards to certify Teamsters at their center. However, yesterday over 30% of those that had previously supported a Teamster certification signed a petition rescinding their cards so that they might vote in the APWA. An injunction was filed yesterday to hold up the official NLRB decision, and as of today this attempt by IBT to organize Indianapolis has failed with the NLRB rejecting the Teamsters bid. Support for APWA at this site is said to be a large majority, and card collection by the APWA is underway.

brett636

Thats interesting, u are supposed to be here in Indy, but I work at the Indiaanpolis UPS hub and I have not yet heard a peep about the APWA. No flyers, no notices of any meetings, nothing. Given up the UPS small package division already?

nospinzone

brett636 said:
Thats interesting, u are supposed to be here in Indy, but I work at the Indiaanpolis UPS hub and I have not yet heard a peep about the APWA. No flyers, no notices of any meetings, nothing. Given up the UPS small package division already?

The APWA is operated SOLELY AND EXCLUSIVELY for the benefit of UPS employees. This is the ONLY reason for its existence.....this would include our new fellow employees in Freight. So no, the APWA hasnt turned its back on the parcel division like the Teamsters have.
:cool:

mittam

nospinzone said:
The APWA is operated SOLELY AND EXCLUSIVELY for the benefit of UPS employees. This is the ONLY reason for its existence.....this would include our new fellow employees in Freight. So no, the APWA hasnt turned its back on the parcel division like the Teamsters have.
amen nospinzone great post!

brett636

nospinzone said:

blah blah blah blah blah, you still haven't said why the APWA has not even made an attempt to organize or hold a meeting for my local hub. Maybe I should go talk to some local overnight guys to see if your blowing us some more BS.

Hoffa 2006

APWA Please go away!Im leaving with the person who brought me to the dance . THE TEAMSTERS!!!!!MY glass is always half full not half empty.Ive been well compensated for 26 yrs and at the top of the food chain as far as pay and pension.You would not catch me rolling the dice with a group with zero track record.Heaven help us!!Hoffa and crew not perfect but plenty good enough for me.Dealing with UPS requires an A team not a Hail Mary pass.:w00t:

over9five

Staff member
All you're saying is you are going down with the sinking ship!

The Titanic was a wonderful ship till someone ran it into an iceburg.

It's time to abandon ship!

No Im not going down with a sinking ship, Im going to get the captain to turn the ship BEFORE the iceberg. Im not grabbing the kid out sailboat and putting him in charge of largest union on earth!!!!!!:w00t:

over9five

Staff member
Before the iceberg?? The liferafts are pulling away as we speak!

God bless you if you can save the ship now. Me thinks it's too late.

30andout

brett636 said:
blah blah blah blah blah, you still haven't said why the APWA has not even made an attempt to organize or hold a meeting for my local hub. Maybe I should go talk to some local overnight guys to see if your blowing us some more BS.
Brett if you are really serious about a meeting in your local hub, send me a private message and I will call Van Skillman and see how soon we can have a meeting for you.

Enlighten me please! Number one complaint with the teamsters that you are sooooo sure that these APWA nobodies will be able to fix:crying:

30andout

1980 said:
Enlighten me please! Number one complaint with the teamsters that you are sooooo sure that these APWA nobodies will be able to fix:crying:
PENSION....and better representation, I would like to have someone there who cares about JUST UPS employees not thier livelyhood.

My Pension at this moment stands at 3700 a month at 25 and 55 or 30 and out. Either yours is less or you just cant get enough.Their livelihood depends on your own livelihood,they have every reason to make sure you are well represented but sometimes[and dont take this badly] we have to have reasonable expectations.:cool:

30andout

1980 said:
My Pension at this moment stands at 3700 a month at 25 and 55 or 30 and out. Either yours is less or you just cant get enough.Their livelihood depends on your own livelihood,they have every reason to make sure you are well represented but sometimes[and dont take this badly] we have to have reasonable expectations.:cool:
Lucky you I have 34 years in and another 7 to go, if I'm lucky I will get $2500.:crying: Were lucky to see a BA once a month.

If your BA only comes once a month you should throw him out,but replace them with a teamster slate BA. You have elections every 3 years right?

30andout

1980 said:
If your BA only comes once a month you should throw him out,but replace them with a teamster slate BA. You have elections every 3 years right?
Wrong teamsters represent factory workers, concrete haulers and a lot more than us in my area.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Its great for you guys in areas that have a decent Pension Plan and I am happy for you. But the fact of the matter is that you would get probably twice as much if the IBT wasn't paying out to all the other guys whose companies went out of business. My financial advisor was shocked when I told him what Central States was paying me compared to what UPS was giving them every week. If I could invest that money myself, I would be sitting pretty. $2700 a month after thirty years or $2550 a month if you want your wife to have anything is pathetic. I go to work everyday to support my family, not somebody elses. Something has got to give.......

Phil082

"UPS" Freight Hauler
1980 said:
No Im not going down with a sinking ship, Im going to get the captain to turn the ship BEFORE the iceberg. Im not grabbing the kid out sailboat and putting him in charge of largest union on earth!!!!!!:w00t:

Largest? I didn't know this fact!

18wheelbrownie

after you dropped off your girl from the dance , you better start gathering information about what she's been up to, seens to me she's reading about the red zone amendment and how to get out of a shortage of money!!!!!!!