• Yes

Votes: 58 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 41 34.7%
  • They are the scum of the earth

Votes: 19 16.1%

• Total voters

tramtwo

I'll just leave this here... I was laughing so hard this morning.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211116-211454.png
    Screenshot_20211116-211454.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 44

Whither

Scofflaw
I'm not sure what happened to the arbitration decision about pvd's not being allowed due to the arbitrator saying they meet the definition of drivers, and drivers can't be forced to drive personal cars. Are they getting around it by saying they have a choice to drive personal cars or not have a job? That sounds like the sort of non-choice people are willing to pretend is actually a choice these days.
My stews have said that ruling was limited to the 804. I perused the decision, and it is odd that would be the case, since the arbitrator was emphatic that PVDs are package drivers and ruled that the job itself is in violation of Art 26 NMA "No package driver shall be forced to use his or her personal vehicle to deliver packages."

They have also said that there is a national grievance that should be heard 'soon', which I take to mean after this peak.

I don't think PVDs are scabs, but the International should have held the company's feet to the fire from the get-go and built a stronger bargaining position over the issue for 2023.

meritocracy

The temporary/seasonal part about PVDs makes them damn near impossible to educate or organize. They piss me off but I do think most of them are people in between jobs or people who need more money and are clueless. Same people who get screwed by Instacart and DoorDash putting tons of miles on their cars, paying too much for insurance, and risking their lives for $10-15/hr after expenses. In my opinion we need national leadership to direct all locals to refuse to assist PVDs in any way. If UPS wants to file unfair labor practices charges fine. We won the arbitration and they aren't complying so we need to make them comply.

BooneDriver

What's your opinion?
At the risk of getting flamed, I'll jump into the fray.

I am a retired government employee who was a NATCA member during my 25 years of employment as an FAA Air Traffic Controller. I find myself in need of a job now due to a government garnishment relating to an OPM mistake involving my divorce decree. I applied for several UPS jobs in an effort to obtain a Union job with Union pay and Union benefits. An HR person from India (I think) suggested that I keep an eye on postings for my area, and two appeared last week. I applied for Driver Helper and SPVD in an effort to get my foot in the door and gain permanent part/full time employment with UPS. I was offered an SPVD job and hope to obtain a permanent position and become a Union member with you guys and gals. I'm willing to join the Teamsters right now, but if I sit around and wait for UPS to hire me into a Teamsters covered position –– that may never happen. How am I supposed to get a UPS job and join the Teamsters under the current situation with UPS? Please tell this "Scab" how I'm supposed to join Team Brown with your blessing.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

I am a retired government employee who was a NATCA member during my 25 years of employment as an FAA Air Traffic Controller. I find myself in need of a job now due to a government garnishment relating to an OPM mistake involving my divorce decree. I applied for several UPS jobs in an effort to obtain a Union job with Union pay and Union benefits. An HR person from India (I think) suggested that I keep an eye on postings for my area, and two appeared last week. I applied for Driver Helper and SPVD in an effort to get my foot in the door and gain permanent part/full time employment with UPS. I was offered an SPVD job and hope to obtain a permanent position and become a Union member with you guys and gals. I'm willing to join the Teamsters right now, but if I sit around and wait for UPS to hire me into a Teamsters covered position –– that may never happen. How am I supposed to get a UPS job and join the Teamsters under the current situation with UPS? Please tell this "Scab" how I'm supposed to join Team Brown with your blessing.

Apply for a permanent position.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.

This simple fact that you seem to have used the search button at least once is commendable.

I put @Jkloc420 's full weight behind this post..

And wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

On topic.

Assisting formerly known as helping.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic

Preload
Any kind of sort
Unload if you hate yourself lol

Feeder665

Go big or go home!

The best time in my opinion to be hired at ups is in April / May area. The lull after the holidays ends around then, and max vacations start kicking in. They go on a hiring spree. Check back around then. Take any hourly position to get your foot in the door.

As for now and needing money, take the PVD Job. Though it pains me to say it, as I also am not a fan of PVDs. However, In my area supplement, PVDs pay initiation fee and dues per month. Therefore they are union members despite what others say. They also get mileage. Some make more than normal drivers. Do your best, don’t make a scene, make a positive impression. I know of at least 3 PVDs in my center that were eventually hired on full time into 22.4 positions.

Hope this helps, best of luck.