• Yes

Votes: 58 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 41 34.7%
  • They are the scum of the earth

Votes: 19 16.1%

• Total voters

Jetboat1

Are they doing union work while not being union members?

Seems simple.
They are no more scabs then the under paid part time or combo drivers. The union will do whatever is necessary to keep the kings of the union fat and happy the full time package driver and the feeder kings.

Mr. Marshall

So everytime there is an earnings report and people start talking about record profits so we need more etc. etc. etc. At this point PVD drivers an 22.4 positions are big reasons for the record profits so........

Grey MIll

They're just people that saw some ad online/in-person that walk in wanting a job for extra cash and not have one single idea about teamsters, contract, and that most of jobs require you to be in the union. *Depending which state you are in.*

Feeder kings- I like that. Lol.
200 (11).gif

quad decade guy

So everytime there is an earnings report and people start talking about record profits so we need more etc. etc. etc. At this point PVD drivers an 22.4 positions are big reasons for the record profits so........
Oh?

How do you know this exactly?

Are you in IE? Corporate Operations?

Have you ever witnessed a PVD operation at work? Really? Compared to the real efficiency/methods of RPCD?

I would submit PVD's and 22.4's are just the first advances into busting the Union and our good paying jobs. A direct threat.

UPS run like Amazon will hold no special appeal to shippers. Read into that for what it's worth.

meritocracy

The people that have allowed the company to keep using PVDs this long are the real scabs. Should have had UPS Teamsters all over the country out picketing as soon as they were implemented.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
We are approaching an election where we have a real shot of leadership that will listen to us and look out for our interests, and a new contract coming up next year. Why all this defeated talk?
If the company doesn't get in line then we will have to bring them to their knees next year by contract or strike.
We need a 5 day work week, $50 hour, an end to 2 tier wages, etc. I could care less if a pvd displaces a seasonal driver, and my only concern on the subject is forbidding their use outside of contractual periods. A non union employee is a scab whether they drive a big brown PC, a rental or their personal vehicle.

Last edited:

Mr. Marshall

Oh?

How do you know this exactly?

Are you in IE? Corporate Operations?

Have you ever witnessed a PVD operation at work? Really? Compared to the real efficiency/methods of RPCD?

I would submit PVD's and 22.4's are just the first advances into busting the Union and our good paying jobs. A direct threat.

UPS run like Amazon will hold no special appeal to shippers. Read into that for what it's worth.
I have handed packages to a PVD driver on route so yes. I have also loaded all the gaylords on pallets for the PDV drivers to come into the building and pick-up so I have a pretty good idea how much volume they are delivering. I also know what they make compared to us. I also know that the company wouldn't be gung-ho to institute them if they were costing them money. I also definitively know that 22.4 drivers do the same job as us for less pay so I'm quite confident that is profitable for the company.

I also agree that the PVD's and 22.4 positions are a direct threat to the union. I am also quite confident that no RPCD will take any less money to mitigate the company of pvd and 22.4 drivers and that the record profits would not be there if they were all paid what we are paid. So as I said.....

I also personally don't think that any shipper believes there is any difference between shippers anymore. We all look as homeless and unprofessional as the next delivery driver and for the most part we don't really spend much time with our customers and literally none with the residential deliveries.

Neanderthal

The IBT already bargained over PVDs in 2018 as there is now the only piece of contract language that speaks to it under Article 26 “no package car driver forced to use their own vehicle”

PVDs are here to stay, the only avenue to fight them is for each person here to go show them the contract language and tell them to demand a rental or brown

Watch what happens and eat popcorn

UPSER1987

I also personally don't think that any shipper believes there is any difference between shippers anymore. We all look as homeless and unprofessional as the next delivery driver and for the most part we don't really spend much time with our customers and literally none with the residential deliveries.

Well said. UPS lack of enforcing professionalism amongst its drivers will bite them in the butt. The only thing distinguishing UPS from any other carrier are the higher rates.

specter208

Wasn’t there a judge that favored the union regarding PVDs? They are being used here and PT cover drivers are staying in preload/reload.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
PVD’s have no idea how unions work. They’re just regular people who want the money for the holidays. They don’t have evil intentions. IMO