Are skyscrapers in major cities their own route?

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Maybe his way of dealing with what is happening is to just do his job as a way to find some measure of normalcy. I was like that on that day. Can't do anything about it so I might as well do my job.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Maybe his way of dealing with what is happening is to just do his job as a way to find some measure of normalcy. I was like that on that day. Can't do anything about it so I might as well do my job.

I felt the same way. There was little that I could do to help so I did my job to keep my mind off of the tragedy. I delivered to office after office where the employees were huddled around the TV as if watching the tragedy would somehow be their way of lending a hand.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
I felt the same way. There was little that I could do to help so I did my job to keep my mind off of the tragedy. I delivered to office after office where the employees were huddled around the TV as if watching the tragedy would somehow be their way of lending a hand.
I was bombed out of my mind on Percocet

I'll never forget the day i had my wisdom teeth removed 9/10/2001

We were all out in the quad ready and wanting to fight someone who wasn't any where near by. It's an odd feeling.

I had to arm up on the 12th

I looked like a chipmunk wearing a Kevlar because my cheeks had swollen because I stopped taking my medication in order to be cleared to carry my weapons

I couldn't talk clearly so I wasn't allowed to do much but look ominous and stare down base pop

The MOA does have 4 drivers I believe, and a part time supervisor who works out at the mall to help the drivers. Only 2 drivers actually drive anything...cattle cars for pickups. The other 2 drivers drive their own cars to the mall and home directly. I've shuttled them packages before, but never helped deliver.

This is just what I've heard, not exact information.
The details are coming back to me now haha. Minimum the MOA is serviced by 3 drivers, one drives a cattle car from the hub that has 2DA and some of the overflow volume if it won't fit the trailers, also does PU's for the MOA. When a 4th driver is added due to volume, it's a coverage driver and he drives a package car over or cattle car depending on volume and car availability. I think the PT sup was added in 2012 or 13 and was to help with security on the dock where the trailers sit, it's really time consuming to lock them up because they are side opening so they babysit the trailers and do some safety stuff with the drivers.

The tallest building I've done has 76 floors. That route used to meet an air walker until about 2002 or 2004, when they got rid of walkers.
Luggage carriers were allowed in passenger elevators. The key was knowing what floors they went to. Go up freight come down the passengers.
It delivered a couple blocks of store fronts, the air of a 46 story building and air and ground of the 76 story one.
Gravy route, the worst part was getting a spot on the loading dock.

novadriver

You'd have to ask the NYC guys about that one, but I'd imagine they hadn't quite gotten there yet as it started just after 9, unless it was an air driver doing EAMs.

I remember seeing this picture though:

5oRSDYv.jpg
http://www.onthemedia.org/story/157...-falling-there-were-people-having-toothaches/ Melanie Einzig took that shot.. its legit.. Check out the link

clean hairy

I would guess Sears Tower, Standard Oil and John hancock buildings in Chicago have 4 or 5 drivers each, maybe more?
(I know they changed names, but can only keep them straight with their original names)