Are skyscrapers in major cities their own route?

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
I would guess Sears Tower, Standard Oil and John hancock buildings in Chicago have 4 or 5 drivers each, maybe more?
(I know they changed names, but can only keep them straight with their original names)
It all depends on how many tenants are in the building some of the big companies take multiple floors and have a mailroom which make the delivery real easy...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We have four FT package car bids and one 22.3 bid set to be posted Thursday morning.

Two of the driver bids are due to retirement, one is for a permanent termination and the other for a driver who went out on "coo-coo" leave.

The 22.3 bid is due to a retirement. I am looking at this one very closely.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
We have four FT package car bids and one 22.3 bid set to be posted Thursday morning.

Two of the driver bids are due to retirement, one is for a permanent termination and the other for a driver who went out on "coo-coo" leave.

The 22.3 bid is due to a retirement. I am looking at this one very closely.

Changing your mind again? I thought you had ruled it out.

BTW, "coo-coo" leave is kind of offensive.

Edd Orion

The MOA does have 4 drivers I believe, and a part time supervisor who works out at the mall to help the drivers. Only 2 drivers actually drive anything...cattle cars for pickups. The other 2 drivers drive their own cars to the mall and home directly. I've shuttled them packages before, but never helped deliver.

This is just what I've heard, not exact information.
What's a cattle car?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
What's a cattle car?
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1456627552.905171.jpg

ManInBrown

The MOA does have 4 drivers I believe, and a part time supervisor who works out at the mall to help the drivers. Only 2 drivers actually drive anything...cattle cars for pickups. The other 2 drivers drive their own cars to the mall and home directly. I've shuttled them packages before, but never helped deliver.

This is just what I've heard, not exact information.
I cannot imagine the Mall of America only having 4 drivers. The mall my center does has 2 drivers. And it's probably 1/20th the size of MOA

DriverNerd

I cannot imagine the Mall of America only having 4 drivers. The mall my center does has 2 drivers. And it's probably 1/20th the size of MOA

You also have to know that the MOA was designed with deliveries in mind. It has a giant open space around the outside of the building where the drivers use trams to deliver. This keeps them from being slowed down from walking or mall customers and allows for larger delivery loads and less trips back to the trucks.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
I would guess Sears Tower, Standard Oil and John hancock buildings in Chicago have 4 or 5 drivers each, maybe more?
(I know they changed names, but can only keep them straight with their original names)
Pretty much. You'll have the bid route driver, then air drivers (or ft drivers doing EAMs as extra work), air walkers, pm air drivers & air walkers doing later air pickups/OCAs. There are also a handful of FT (22.3) driver helpers that either work after preload or before twilight.

Sparkey86

Did we ever have logos over the right pocket? Can't remember them being there except for the Olympic years? Am I wrong? He has the dead hooked around finger by the strap handle.