Are the Teamsters really working for you?

18wheelbrownie

I don't expect you to understand someone like myself. Unlike you and most of my fellow teamsters I do not have an entitlement issue. I expect nothing from anyone, and expect everything from myself. While you are busy getting yourself deep in debt, like most americans sadly, I will have my house paid for when I am in my 30s. This will allow me to divert a lot of my money towards other necessities, like a comfortable retirement. I've said before its foolish to expect other people to have your best interests at heart. Ultimatly we reap what we sow, and I intend to reap the full benefits of my decisions today.

i would like to know what local you belong to and master contract you fall under? because it seems like your benefit is much different then the rest of us!!!!!! there are two contracts, the chicago master which is way different and separate from what the rest of us fall under!!!!!!

A

AntiTeamster

lets raise hell on them. lets be immature about it and screw ups up. come on guys, one day of complete mess ups at ups.

Bill

lets raise hell on them. lets be immature about it and screw ups up. come on guys, one day of complete mess ups at ups.
What is that going to accomplish? The Teamsters are taking your money, not UPS. Why not try to screw up the Teamsters instead? If you are in a right-to-work state, you can withdraw from the Teamsters. Stop paying them your hard earned money that goes to them (dues). I have heard that some feeder drivers in the Miami building have withdrawn. If enough of you do the same, this will send a strong message to the Teamster leaders, and then maybe they will listen. They will only understand when it hits their pocket.

D

dr.kick

Would you rather have a pension at 55 after working 25 years that pays $2000/month or a pension that pays $3000/month after a minimum of 30 years and a retirement at 65. I would suggest that UPS(usa) employees do some calculating and work out a very long term contract(10-15) years with buyout priveleges for top rate ft and pt employees and reduced pension amounts if wanting to collect by 50 or 55. Take a 5% paycut and decrease the amount of unpaid time UPS deducts to 30 min with paid breaks of 2x15 minutes per day and double time after 10 hours. No code 5 allowance unless pt and working under 5 hours.

Goodluck! The strike in 2008 will last long enough so all won't get strike pay thanks to the last minute negotionations that will happen. Then you will be deducted dues when you get forced back to work. Figure out, strike pay is only good if you collect but if you don't I guarantee that it goes into General Revenue and is spent.

Ciao4now

E

engineer79

Would you rather have a pension at 55 after working 25 years that pays $2000/month or a pension that pays $3000/month after a minimum of 30 years and a retirement at 65. I would suggest that UPS(usa) employees do some calculating and work out a very long term contract(10-15) years with buyout priveleges for top rate ft and pt employees and reduced pension amounts if wanting to collect by 50 or 55. Take a 5% paycut and decrease the amount of unpaid time UPS deducts to 30 min with paid breaks of 2x15 minutes per day and double time after 10 hours. No code 5 allowance unless pt and working under 5 hours.

Goodluck! The strike in 2008 will last long enough so all won't get strike pay thanks to the last minute negotionations that will happen. Then you will be deducted dues when you get forced back to work. Figure out, strike pay is only good if you collect but if you don't I guarantee that it goes into General Revenue and is spent.

Ciao4now

The strike pay from the Teamsters is a joke. In the strike of 97, the Teamsters issued checks for $55 a week and ran out of money very quickly. Not every one received this "huge" amount. Who can live off $55 a week even if you are single and have minimal expenses?