Are unions making a comeback due to disparaging wages?

oldupsman

Are unions making a comeback due to disparaging wages? Starbucks vote making a difference?
Doesn't seem to be. I look at the whole Amazon situation and just shake my head.
Can you imagine the power they would have with a strong union. The current generation
just seems to have no interest. Or just lack of understanding.

Overpaid Union Thug

Unions are all butt dead in this country. Unless they can figure out how to effectively integrate themselves into TikTok, Facebook, YouTube, etc., the current and upcoming generations of workers will never fully engage with them.

Over70irregs

Unions are all butt dead in this country. Unless they can figure out how to effectively integrate themselves into TikTok, Facebook, YouTube, etc., the current and upcoming generations of workers will never fully engage with them.
Wow you are on to something there. I get the text messages but when I look at the brothers and sisters working in the hubs. I cannot help feeling we are out of touch.

nWo

I think most people who are applying to work at an Amazon warehouse aren't planning on being there for the next 25-35 years. They are more focused on the starting wage and benefits than top out pay or a retirement plan.

PT Car Washer

I think most people who are applying to work at an Amazon warehouse aren't planning on being there for the next 25-35 years. They are more focused on the starting wage and benefits than top out pay or a retirement plan.
I think the same can be said for new hires at UPS. Look at the number of young people who would trade a pension for a 401k match.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
A feeder driver buddy and I were talking about this just a few days ago. Why aren’t union meetings available to watch or listen to remotely? We have the technology to air meetings on Zoom or something so the guys that work on weekends or the guys that don’t want to waste their weekend with their family going to meetings can watch or listen while they are working or at home and stay informed.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
A feeder driver buddy and I were talking about this just a few days ago. Why aren’t union meetings available to watch or listen to remotely? We have the technology to air meetings on Zoom or something so the guys that work on weekends or the guys that don’t want to waste their weekend with their family going to meetings can watch or listen while they are working or at home and stay informed.
Often times parts of union meetings should not be available to the public. If a union member can't give up a few hours every couple of months than maybe they just don't care enough.

Why can't a union employee listen in on the DM's conference calls?

542thruNthru

I would agree with you but our meetings have been zoom for a while and we've actually lost members participation. I was shocked to learn that actually.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Often times parts of union meetings should not be available to the public. If a union member can't give up a few hours every couple of months than maybe they just don't care enough.

Why can't a union employee listen in on the DM's conference calls?
What about the guys that work on the weekend? Our meetings are always on a Saturday.

Over70irregs

Doesn't seem to be. I look at the whole Amazon situation and just shake my head.
Can you imagine the power they would have with a strong union. The current generation
just seems to have no interest. Or just lack of understanding.
It’s up to us…. Talk to Amazon guys in passing whenever possible. Plant the seeds of doubt. Casually drop a small dime about the weekly checks you get and benefits.